Sign in to follow this  
Canary Tyke

Automatic Season Ticket renewals

Has anyone else been caught out by the club not automatically renewing season tickets this year?

Mate has just got home from travelling to find he has lost his and his sons season ticket and they have been sold on. Last season they renewed automatically so he rightly (or wrongly) assumed that this year would be the same.

Has now meant that after 10 years of 4 of us sitting together, travelling from the midlands and London to watch games and being able to support him in taking his lad to football when he had work commitments we will be split up. Club does not seem to want to help us on the matter ..... GUTTED and a bit disgusted.

I think had you found out they had automatically renewed them, and you had not wanted them to, you would have been more annoyed.They have never automatically assumed you want to renew.Sorry, can''t really understand your gripe here.

I have been a season ticket holder for the last ten or twelve years, and not once has there been any automatic renewal.I think it more underhand just assuming if you don''t hear from someone that you just continue debiting their bank account to be honest.

I pay for my ticket monthly via direct debit, last season my ticket was automatically renewed, this season however it wasn''t... This did lead to a deal of confussion on my part as some of my friends DID have their tickets automatically renewed this season.

After speaking with the ticket office i was informed that they didn''t "get around to" auto renewing all tickets!

I agree with the OP that this is not really an acceptable approach to take, and I am surprised that more people have not been caught out by this.

I also pay monthly but I think I have always completed the forms. I also remember getting a little postcard from Paul Lambert urging me to renewal on time and support the lads or some such.

Sorry may sound a bit harsh but no excuse really.

I specifically telephoned the club back in March to confirm

if my ticket would be auto renewed (as it has been for the last 3 seasons) and

they told me as I paid by direct debit it would.  So I thought no more

about it until about a month ago when i got a letter saying it was the last

chance to secure my seat before they sold it to other people.  When I

phoned the club to say there must have been a mistake they just said they

didn''t get around to renewing all the tickets.  I didn''t get a post card

saying I hadn''t renewed and in the end I had to pay the full price for the

ticket instead of the first cut off renewal price.  I was and am still not

very happy about it.

Those saying there are no excuses are just ill informed.

I was just reading this and thought i''d give the club a ring to check if mine has been auto-renewed. luckily for me, it has!

Oh right, I have paid monthly, and have never been given the option of auto renewal.I stand corrected.

The whole season ticket renewal thing is a disaster.Last year, I phoned up, waited for about 30 mins on an 0845 number only for them to tell me it had been renewed automatically.This year, I received no renewal form through the post and spent 3 days trying to renew it over the phone. :/

Has this entire auto renewal scheme completely missed me then?Mind you, I would rather not leave these things to chance personally.

It seems to have been a mess this year as some people were auto- renewed and others not. I had to renew taking in my Canary account passbook for the small discount. I assumed they were doing a check to see if the account had been closed since first claiming.

I used to pay by direct debit and always had it auto-renewed.  However this time around there was nothing in my renewal forms saying it would be automatic which I thought was a bit weird.  In any case I decided it would be easier to pay it all in one go this year as I had the cash to do it.

I''m surprised more hasn''t been made of this as "not getting round" to renewing all of those that should be done automatically is a total disgrace and somebody at the club should be held to account.

I know not everyone can pay in one go but I''ve always avoided doing it by D/D cause I''ve had bad experiences of other D/D''s getting coc ked up!

Spreading the payments is a great idea that has no doubt helped to increase season ticket numbers but this summer the club should have treated fans better than this!

It really is a disgrace if loyal long standing season ticket holders have lost out because of this foul up. Perhaps as there is no longer an S.C.G. this could be taken up by N.C.I.S.A.

Don''t really have a clue what they are doing in the ticket office these days. Tried to move a mate of mine into our tickets as we''re not renewing but each time we rang up or went in they told us different things to do. In the end we went past the deadline and didn''t get it sorted out. Let''s just go back to the days of the portacabin behind the river end!!!!!

the only time it automatically renews if it is a 3 or 5 years season ticket... if it has expired thats your fault for not checking on it....

Sorry Jas but that''s totally wrong.  I have always had a one-year ticket and has been renewed automatically the last two or three seasons.  My dad''s tickets has, luckily, been renwed automatically again this year.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Sorry Jas but that''s totally wrong.  I have always had a one-year ticket and has been renewed automatically the last two or three seasons.  My dad''s tickets has, luckily, been renwed automatically again this year.[/quote]Why have I never heard of it, and never had it automatically renew for me, despite having had various amounts of season tickets for a long time now?Every season I have had the forms through and I have returned them, auto renewal has never been mentioned.Odd.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]That''s strange.  Do you pay over twelve months?[/quote]Yeah, last 2 or 3 years I have as I now buy 3 season tickets.I''m quite happy to just do it manually though lol.

This doesn''t apply to me because I pay some years ahead. But looking at the brochure they sent out for 2010/2011 tickets it says the following:"If you paid by direct debit for your existing season ticket it MAY [my emphasis] have been renewed automatically for you. Check your renewal letter for details."Now it''s not clear from that whether the renewal letter being referred to is the one sent out for the 2009/2010 season or for the season to come. Certainly the renewal letter I gor for the season to come was personalised, ie it acknowledged I had already paid for the next season but could top up further ahead.So - ASSUMING the Carrow Road bureaucracy has worked efficiently, fans should have been told either last spring or this spring whether they needed to renew manually for next season. But common sense would suggest that if that  information was given more than a year ago then the latest renewal letter should have included a reminder, just as mine did about topping up.And of course the bureaucracy may not have been working efficiently, especially in the wake of staff cuts. But equally it may have been a case of fans not reading their renewal letters carefully enough. That is not beyond the bounds of possibility.

[quote user="Felixfan"]It really is a disgrace if loyal long standing season ticket holders have lost out because of this foul up. Perhaps as there is no longer an S.C.G. this could be taken up by N.C.I.S.A.[/quote]

Not a problem as far as we are concerned Felixfan.

Anybody who has had problems please e-mail me at J.TILSON@SKY.COM with full details and NCISA will help if it can.

Interesting, seems others have nearly been caught out with this. Til 1010 - will mention it to my mate and perhaps he will contact you

For what it''s worth, I''ve used the 12 month DD for a few years now and have never had it auto-renew. I''ve always had to resubmit the application.

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]I''m sure I''m right in thinking because I have the 12 month interest free deal, it was automatically renewed unless I contacted the club to cancel. Can''t lay my hands on the paperwork I''m afraid due to moving disruption.

[/quote]Hi WITS, I''m not entirely sure if what you say is correct.Although I''ve usually paid up-front for my season ticket a friend of mine who last year paid with the interest free deal told me that he thought it would be automatically renewed as it had been in previous years. To his surprise he received a '' last chance '' letter reminding him that he hadn''t renewed but asking him to pay the final deadline price which was £70 more than at earliest renewal date.Talking to other season ticket holders they''ve all said that their direct debit method of purchase was automatic unless they specifically asked not to renew but it seems that this might not be the case now.I think you need to contact Carrow Road.

[quote user="g00se"]For what it''s worth, I''ve used the 12 month DD for a few years now and have never had it auto-renew. I''ve always had to resubmit the application.[/quote]^^This.Never heard of auto renewal until this thread was started.

So why have some people got auto-renewal and some haven''t even got the option even though they are paying over twelve months?  Madness.  I think it''s poor communication from the club more than anything here.