Sign in to follow this  
StevoM

Positive insight in Crofts ability

Had a brief but encouraging with a Gillingham fan the other day about Crofts and whilst I cannot remember what he said word for word here are the basics:
  • Crofts is physically one of the strongest players he has seen at Gillingham.
  • Manages to get amazing amounts of power into his headers.
  • Holds the ball up well to allow other players to get forward.
  • Prodominatly player in the defensive midfield position.
  • Was Captain and fans favourite at Gillingham until thier manager fell out with him.  He said Crofts was the best player they had had in years.Sorry this is a little late but I thought it would ease some of the skepticism about him as a player.  What the conversation really proved to me that Crofts is Russells replacement and that we have a very solid replacement.OTBC!

Cheers for that[Y] Am i the only one that wouldn''t be too gutted if Russell left?

Sounds promising. Fans shouldn''t judge him before he has kicked a ball. I don''t get why fans are not satisfied unless we pay around £1 million for a player from a Premiership club. That in the past has not worked. Its all about how hungry the player is and whether they fit into the team ethic. Crofts seems to have these attributes from his time at Brighton and Gillingham. Admittedly not all of Lambert''s signings this season will work but even Wenger/Ferguson have signed plenty of dud players down the years. But I like the idea that the careers of players we are signing are going upwards rather than the other way.

Seems a good signing from all the reports we have had. I still think it would be disappointing if Russell left, but it seems we have a ready-made replacement.

I kind of trust Lambert buying a defensive midfielder; he was one of the best himself!

[quote user="Pabs"]Seems a good signing from all the reports we have had. I still think it would be disappointing if Russell left, but it seems we have a ready-made replacement. I kind of trust Lambert buying a defensive midfielder; he was one of the best himself![/quote]

Yeah but you would have trusted Gunn with signing a decent keeper. [;)]

[quote user="Herman "]Cheers for that[Y] Am i the only one that wouldn''t be too gutted if Russell left?[/quote]

No mate, there are at least two of us!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Herman "]Cheers for that[Y] Am i the only one that wouldn''t be too gutted if Russell left?[/quote]

No mate, there are at least two of us!

[/quote]

Make that 3. [Y]

You can add another to that list. And for two reasons: (1) If he is taking this long to decide where he wants to be next season, clearly his heart isn''t with Norwich, so for the sake of team spirit I would rather he went and (2) There is a very good chance that a fresh face and attitude could be a good thing.

[quote user="Pabs"]Seems a good signing from all the reports we have had. I still think it would be disappointing if Russell left, but it seems we have a ready-made replacement. I kind of trust Lambert buying a defensive midfielder; he was one of the best himself![/quote]

If he ain''t too bothered about playing for City then he should just sod off - and the same thing applies to any player. If he decides to sign a new contract and apply himself to our club then he is welcome to stay, and is a useful addition to the squad.