Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Heskey for Holt - would you swap?

Yes defianately

Look i know your going to be biased being a city fan, but remember he is a premiership player. There aint many better english players who can do the job he does, admittidly his goalscoring record has been woeful last season and for England but he cant be faulted for his link up play and he causes defenders all sorts of problems

Is Holt good at that? From wot i saw last year all Holt wanted to do was win free kicks everytime he went for a header.

Heskey wud of had a hat full if he had played in League One last year.......FACT

Heskey lost the ball pretty much every time he had it .

and missed a header any decent forward would put in the back of the net.

he spent most of the game on the left wing last night .

sorry guys i do not rate him at all ,

[quote user="singing canary"]

and missed a header any decent forward would put in the back of the net[/quote]You''re not serious? [|-)]That was too far above him, Peter may have got it, but anyone else wouldn''t have.

Ok so now we are judging him on last nights game alone?

I like Holt aswell but seriously need to get your head out of the clouds if you honestly think he''s better than Heskey. Its scares me that there are Norwich fans who honestly believe it.

Wot about his performance against USA. Missed one good chance yeah, but overall i thought he was fantastic. Oh and how many times did Rooney give the ball awy last night?

Of course I would, Heskey is a far better player than Grant (although I love him) will ever be.  Point is, we''re not a very good team (as in England).  Yes, a few good individual  players but that''s it.  We are 7th in the world rankings for a reason.  Watching last night, I remember the cliches from old, ''the opposition will tire in the second half etc''.  Doesn''t happen anymore, all the players are fit.  Back to the subject, yes I would.

Afraid next season people will see why Grant Holt has spent nearly his whole career at League1 and 2 level ,honestly any striker would have scored plenty playing in that Norwich side last season even Cureton . Whole different ball game in the Championship a massive jump in class and one i cannot see Holt being up to.

Would I swap last seasons leading goal scorer for a player who no one expects to score every time he plays, but that''s ok because he get the best out of his strike partners apparently...No thanks

[quote user="Ncfc"]Afraid next season people will see why Grant Holt has spent nearly his whole career at League1 and 2 level ,honestly any striker would have scored plenty playing in that Norwich side last season even Cureton . Whole different ball game in the Championship a massive jump in class and one i cannot see Holt being up to.
[/quote]i hope you eat your words next season!!! Holt will score goals

i see what you are saying ,but Heskey is not a natural striker.

i could not imagine Heskey getting 30 goals in any league to be honest .

i am not saying Holt is better ,but i never have rated Heskey .

two different types of players .

I actually think they are very similar, only differance is Holts spent his whole career playing against extremely poor defenders thereby looking a class act, where as Heskey has spent his whole career playing in the Premier League against some of the best defenders in the world and making a very good career for himself. And still at the age of 32 i think is leading the line for England at a world cup and in my opinion has been one of very few actually playing near the best of his ability. 

[quote user="Wallerboi"]I actually think they are very similar, only differance is Holts spent his whole career playing against extremely poor defenders thereby looking a class act, where as Heskey has spent his whole career playing in the Premier League against some of the best defenders in the world and making a very good career for himself. And still at the age of 32 i think is leading the line for England at a world cup and in my opinion has been one of very few actually playing near the best of his ability. [/quote]And has still been pi$$ poor

ncfc - I know you post on here with deliberate rubbish but I will respond re Holt in League One.

You obviously did not see too many games last year. Holt not only scored a hatful but was involved with many more for others to score. His work rate is superb.

If he is fit, he will shock a few opposing defenders next season.

I may be wrong of course as i don''t support the binners!!

Yeah cant argue that his finishing is woeful now, completely agree.

Still wud swap if i had the chance tho, that said it will never happen and im glad we have Holt. I reckon he wud of had a good season if he gets 15 goals next year, i think he will just get in double figures tho.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]No! - not even close for me[/quote]Yes, definitely.Other swaps I''d consider:Lampard for WymondhamGerrard for Cromer

Not for me, Holt is a goalscorer, Heskey brings others into the game, for me Holt does both!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]No! - not even close for me[/quote]Yes, definitely.Other swaps I''d consider:Lampard for WymondhamGerrard for Cromer[/quote]Haha![:D]

No!

And before anyone starts going on about Heskey being Premiership and Holt being lower League blah blah blah, I have a plausable reason -

- We''d only get Heskey when hes on his way down, lost his hunger and looking for one last payday!

Holt is in his prime, is hungry and after years around the lower Leagues apreciates playing for Norwich!

Also I''d doubt that in 2-3 years time when Heskey became available, considering the reasons above, that he''d even be any good at Championship level although I think we might be in the Premiership anyway!

I remember watching an England u-21 game at Carrow Road a few years ago; Rio Ferdinand was class, Frank Lampard solid, and Emile Heskey was the same as he is now - big, strong, holding the ball up - even out on the wing at times. Little end product though - looked like some aggression was missing. He was just too nice. Never thought he''d be much good as a goal scorer - I was right.

I wouldn''t trade Grant Holt in a hurry...

Look Heskey crap as he is at Premiership level and international level, is probably the better player.

But in all honesty if we swapped Holt for heskey i would be gutted.

I must point out that Heskey has scored 34 goals in 6, yes SIX years........he wins headers but doesnt actually knock them on or down for anyone, he hasnt the confidence to shoot...those are my reasons.

Dont get me wrong, when Heskey burst on the scene as a 16 year old at Leicester, i thought this lads one to watch....sadly since joining Liverpool hes been on a downward spiral....even the magical man managmet of martin O''Neil couldnt get him back on form, resulting in 4 goals in 18 months for Villa, and dropped to the reserves..if anyone can get the best out of a player its O''Neil...he couldnt....Heskey will leave Villa this summer, and slowly drop down levels and his confidence will go completely.

At Leicester amazing, but something happened to him at Liverpool and he hasnt looked right since..

Heskey is bloody awful, so even the hint of a switch for Holt would make me want to vomit.Yes, Heskey has played at the higher level, yet despite this has NEVER looked like a goalscorer - he inspires zero confidence that if he gets the ball in a good position, he''s going to put it in the back of the net. For me a goalscorer needs to score goals, not just provide a bit of ammo for a strike partner, and being honest, there are better ''supply'' men than Heskey, and way better goalscorers, so I struggle to see his Niche.As for this nonsense about being great at holding the ball up, despite his size''s he''s incredibly lightweight, and he seems to spend half the match on his arse (with the rest missing easy chances)Frankly I''m baffled as to how he''s manage to stay in the prem for so long, with such a poor record and overall level of ability.