Sign in to follow this  
Farkes The Herald Angels

Norwich for England

There''s lots of talk about wrong tactics, disharmony etc. in the England camp. You watch those two games and you think ''it couldn''t have been much worse''. Clearly the England players are capable of much more individually than their team performance. How well would Norwich have done at the World Cup. Probably poorly, but in terms of team spirit, better. What is there to be said for picking more players who regularly play with each other? Unfair on the better individuals, but collectively better maybe. If that was the case, which team''s players would you pick the core of to represent England?

It happened years ago when Hungary were a top team but it could not happen in England with the premiership made up of multi national players. In fact you have to ask what is the purpose of national teams, national flags and national anthems these days with dewy eyed men clutching their hearts. Time to move on I think and have a world club competition.

You''d have to choose the likes of Spurs players. Lennon, Crouch, Defoe, Huddlestone, Jenas, Dawson, King. That''s a fair number who could hold their own at international level and a good core of players. It does make sense that players who play together regularly will know each others'' games better and could possibly account for a slightly lesser ability.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Most players are either from their own contrys league or the prem, all england players are from the prem so why do you not sucees!?

[/quote]Because, amazingly, the Premier League consists of 20 teams competing AGAINST each other, not with each other, so they don''t learn every single other player''s game and gel with them.

[quote user="scrimmage"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

Most players are either from their own contrys league or the prem, all england players are from the prem so why do you not sucees!?

[/quote]

Because, amazingly, the Premier League consists of 20 teams competing AGAINST each other, not with each other, so they don''t learn every single other player''s game and gel with them.
[/quote]

but they play at a high tempo in the prem, and for england they play at a slow tempo?! Why?

p.s. not bothered holland are in the last 16

It was tried in the seventies when seven Liverpool players started an international. They won but it wasnt'' repeated.

It''s a big mental obstacle playing at the world cup, a real leveller on the pitch. I would hope we''ll sail through on wednesday and all will be forgiven. I''d rather be in our shoes than Italy, Spain or France''s maybe even Germany''s too. Argentina and Netherlands look like the only teams who have breezed it really.

I doubt Algeria are any better than League one quality, I would expect Norwich to beat them.

[quote user="Wardogz"]I doubt Algeria are any better than League one quality, I would expect Norwich to beat them.[/quote]Behrami could beat us on his own im afraid.....I would have said new Zealand we could beat.. but then Shane Smeltz once played for Halifax town in the bowels of non league football... he made Buffon look a clown last weekend though didnt he?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Wardogz"]I doubt Algeria are any better than League one quality, I would expect Norwich to beat them.[/quote]Behrami could beat us on his own im afraid.....I would have said new Zealand we could beat.. but then Shane Smeltz once played for Halifax town in the bowels of non league football... he made Buffon look a clown last weekend though didnt he?[/quote]Good job Behrami plays for Switzerland then. If you mean Belhadj you''re still talking rubbish, he''s a mid prem player at best, hardly good enough to take a championship club apart by himself.