Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Forster MAY be staying at Newcastle

Both Forster & Ranger may be staying at Newcastle for the coming season.  I know this was always a possibility, but this latest article certainly suggests Hughton is having a rethink and that Ashley won''t be dipping his hand in his pocket [:(]-

"When asked if Ranger would be loaned out, he told the Chronicle: “The decision’s not 100 per cent been made.

“As with Fraser Forster last season, there’s a thought that we would have been better off keeping him here because he’s a quality, young goalkeeper.

“We have to think about player development, and young players come into that one. That’s where we will be with Nile."

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2010/06/10/nile-ranger-told-to-impress-during-pre-season-72703-26626108/

From the way he worded it and the fact its sort of hidden in the Ranger article sounds like hes decided to keep Forster at Newcastle. Being pessimistic so its even better when he does come back, please!

I am hoping that he just means they do not want to sell him on a permanent deal as they will definitely want him in the future. If this is the case I would still expect him to sign on loan to us unless a premier league team go in for him

They can keep Forster in Newcastle and bench warm this season if they want but he''ll soon lose his love for the club. He''s stated openly he wants first team games whether that''s at newcastle or on loan. Respect a player''s wishes or lose him...

I have ceased to be even bothered about this.If he comes back then great, if he doesn''t then I''m sure that Lambert has a back up plan and we''ll be fine.

It will be interesting to see who the goalkeepers are in the friendly on 24 July.

My worry is that we have made such a big thing about FF coming back next season that we are pushing up his value to Newcastle - and he may well be staying up there..........

[quote user="morty"]I have ceased to be even bothered about this.

If he comes back then great, if he doesn''t then I''m sure that Lambert has a back up plan and we''ll be fine.
[/quote]

Why?  Do you not like discussing such things?  It does seem like it''s been dragging on with no real news since the "we are in discussions with Newcastle over Forster" headlines or whatever they were. 

We do need a decent keeper, it can be the difference between success and failure.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="morty"]I have ceased to be even bothered about this.If he comes back then great, if he doesn''t then I''m sure that Lambert has a back up plan and we''ll be fine.[/quote]

Why?  Do you not like discussing such things?  It does seem like it''s been dragging on with no real news since the "we are in discussions with Newcastle over Forster" headlines or whatever they were. 

We do need a decent keeper, it can be the difference between success and failure.

[/quote]What I posted is how I feel about it, there isn''t really much to discuss, he''ll either come or he won''t.Its completely out of Norwich City''s hands.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

If he comes back then great, if he doesn''t then I''m sure that Lambert has a back up plan and we''ll be fine.
[/quote]

[/quote]

What I posted is how I feel about it, there isn''t really much to discuss, he''ll either come or he won''t.

Its completely out of Norwich City''s hands.
[/quote]

You could apply that reasoning to virtually everything that is discussed on here.  Each to their own.........[:|]

I don''t quite see what he is getting at in that article. Is he really saying that Forster would have got more out of staying at Newcastle last season than coming to us?

I think the "will he/won''t he?" rumours about FF will drag on for a while yet, and they have been since the last few games of the season.

It clearly shouldn''t hang around as an issue for much longer, as it will become a distraction at the club, and, to be fair, to Forster himself.

Time perhaps for the club to get a definitive answer from Newcastle about their intentions for him for the coming season, and if they can''t, or won''t, give an answer, to move on and explore other avenues.

I''m not sure even if Newcastle and Houghton quite know themselves what they are going to do, they clearly have three top class goalkeepers on their hands and it has given them a bit of a dilemma. They knew they could afford to sell Given as Harper was waiting in the wings and more than capable, now, maybe, are they thinking the same of Harper, with both FF and Krul just as, if not, more capable than he is?

Even if they do that, whoever doesn''t become first choice will, in all likelihood, want to move on, and, perhaps see a permanent transfer as a possibility, as, playing the scenarion out, with Harper gone, and either Krul or Forster becoming first team choice in his place, thats a young keeper getting settled into a position he might reasonably hope to hold for a considerable time-so where does that leave the other player? He surely wouldn''t want to stay as number 2 to his contemporary?

Leeds sold Nigel Martyn. then one of the top keepers in the country when they knew Robinson was good enough to take his place-cash in and replace the player for nothing. Maybe, just maybe, Newcastle are thinking along those lines as well, hence the current situation which now seems more uncertain than it did a month ago.

The fundamental issue is that Forster is a Newcastle player. Ultimately Hughton is going to put Newcastle''s interests above anything else, and will defer a decision as long as he feels necessary, with City powerless to do anything about it. Much as I want Forster back, I am starting to come round to the idea of a permanent signing of an experienced keeper to remove all doubt. For example, what if Hughton agrees to the loan, only for Harper or Krull to pick up a long term injury in pre-season? Unless we can have a season long loan with no recall clause I really think we might be better off looking elsewhere.

Agree with Beausant. Newcastle hold all the aces and will do exactly what suits them best (just as I hope we would, as and when, Rudd and Steer are loaned out) and if they don''t want to, or feel they have to, make a decision by July 1st, August 1st, even August 31st and the deadline, thats their right and choice.

So we have to do what is right for us-maybe the club feels that playing the waiting game is just that, but I do hope that there are possibilities should it not come off. Am sure that Rudd will turn out to be a bloody good and long term keeper for us, but he needs that season of playing regularly, just as Forster had last season.

However, Forster has had that time now, and maybe, just maybe, Newcastle are thinking its now time for him to play there?

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I am with Morty on this.  He does not say that he does not want to discuss it just that the issue itself is beyond worrying about.

Rorster''s future is not within our control.  Lambert will have alternate startegies based on whether or not Fraser returns.  I would love to see him back but equally, I have total faith in Lambert''s alterante strategy should Fraser not return.

Until it happens, I will not use any more emotional energy thinking about it.