Sign in to follow this  
birchfest

Norwich to sign Simeon Jackson?

Would be a good signing if we pull it off!http://gillingham.clubfans.co.uk/2010/06/18/norwich-linked-with-simeon-jackson/

[quote user="birchfest"]Would be a good signing if we pull it off!http://gillingham.clubfans.co.uk/2010/06/18/norwich-linked-with-simeon-jackson/

[/quote]Although this hould be in Transfer Talk, I would rate this a really good capture, he clearly needs to get out of Gillingham.

Would be a great signing imo, a very talented player who would score a lot more in a better team.

I think this would be a good move. He''s clearly got bit of potential and wouldn''t have the ''we can''t leave him on the bench'' mentality there would be with other bigger names we''ve been linked with.

I say why not.

Already posted this in the transfer section, was on sky sports as well. No doubt Archant will run with this as there main headline story tomorrow or monday.

[quote user="NCFC-47"]How long till wrathsajoke comes on here and says

no he''s crap clubs a joke
[/quote]soon, maybe after the england match?!

Like your thinking TFA, a good shout on getting McDonald some experience somewhere, but he needs to be playing regularly. He could be loaned out and end up not playing for that team... and get lost.

[quote user="jed exodous"]Already posted this in the transfer section, was on sky sports as well. No doubt Archant will run with this as there main headline story tomorrow or monday.[/quote]

Wasn''t far wrong on the 2nd part, good old predictable archant...

Jackson''s goal ratio is better than 1 in 3 - it''s 1 in 2.3 for Rushden & Diamonds & Gillingham combined.

You could argue those types of players are worth good money; although given the chance Cody McDonald could well be capable of replicating or even improving on those figures?

Diamonds under our feet and all that...

going by the reports etc looks like we cud be getting him then, personally i think hes very gud and wud give us more pace upfront and obviously can finish too...lambert is also a big admirer ...

[quote user="NCFC Sinky"]why does he abbrevate would and could but not obviously? :L[/quote]

Obviously he would if he could.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Du ya fink we shud.[/quote]He''s well fit though...........init.[/quote]yer but no but yer but no but yer but no but....init

Not jumping for joy at this.

I think it is obvious that we are trying to get the best that we can out of the limited budget that we have.  I think our budget is less than was originally hinted at, perhaps some money that was due to come in hasn''t, or Lambo compo coupled with one or two other things has taken away a proportion of the budget?

Obviously, being sensible you have to work within the budget you have because if you don''t it could all go t1ts up.  All of the new signings aren''t going to turn out to be gems, I just hope that there is 1 or 2 gems amongst them.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

I think it is obvious that we are trying to get the best that we can out of the limited budget that we have.  I think our budget is less than was originally hinted at, perhaps some money that was due to come in hasn''t, or Lambo compo coupled with one or two other things has taken away a proportion of the budget?

Obviously, being sensible you have to work within the budget you have because if you don''t it could all go t1ts up.  All of the new signings aren''t going to turn out to be gems, I just hope that there is 1 or 2 gems amongst them.

[/quote]

Simeon Jackson is a quality player playing in a crap team and reading Gills fan''s comments they think he will fit in well with our team and make the step up to the championship. I for one will be very happy if we sign him.

[quote user="Docs Big Nose that was at the Heart of the Defence"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

Simeon Jackson is a quality player playing in a crap team and reading Gills fan''s comments they think he will fit in well with our team and make the step up to the championship. I for one will be very happy if we sign him.

[/quote]

I''m not saying Simeon Jackson''s cr@p, it''s an observation and my opinion on Lambert''s signings as a whole (including potentially signing Simeon) in context of our budget and chances of success next season.

Reading this I can certainly see why Lambert would be interested in him, he certainly seems to have a lot of Lambert''s essential criteria for a new signing -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/facup/4091586/Gillinghams-Simeon-Jackson-has-point-to-prove-against-Villa.html

Hy does it always happen on this board someone has a valid point and all you do is attack them in a war of words , at the end of the day we all bleed yellow , personally would love to see the lad join city