Sign in to follow this  
susie b

David Bentley

Did anyone else notice how pumped up he was during the game?  He celebrated Damo''s first with plenty of noise and gestures towards the Barclay, took a corner in front of the Snakepit and roused the crowd to greater noise still Nielsen style, and generally seemed prepared to run all over the place for the cause, especially when we were being forced back.  Decent corner for Flem to head down for Damo''s second and a peach of a ball across the box that Leon just failed to get a touch on in the second half.  I''m not saying he had a great game - I''m convinced that there''s more to come from him yet - but he really seemed to want to be a part of everything and was enjoying himself out there, which we surely all want to see.  More of the same Bents, please! 

Also, when he took the corner in front of the Snakepit did anyone else hear a huge cry of "''ave it!" just as he struck the ball?  Classic funny moment from Saturday, I thought.  Just hope he took it in the right way as he couldn''t have failed to hear it!

Yeah I was really pleased with Bentley, looked like he really tried hard and had plenty of running - by no means the finished article but you can see his talent. Also, pleased with the way he played because the people behind me slag him off left, right and centre so I want him to do well just so I can point out to them how good he is/can be.Keep it up Dave.

You should have seen him take a corner near the City fans at St James'' Park in the league game Susie. Fisting action that would have made the free-scoring great Dane proud.

He also reacted well after his booking.

Thought le saux and the others would try and wind him up aftewards, but he kept his cool, played well, and still got stuck in. Top man. More of the same please.

Bents did OK, wasnt wonderful, but grafted well which will have impressed the manager. He carried out his defensive duties well and these overshadowed his attacking ability.

He does appear to have improved his overall approach to the game and is more focused on the team rather than himself.

Carry on the good work David.

OTBC

ZLF - you topok the words out of my mouth.

Has matured already. Perhaps the spell out of the team, and possibly fan comment here and elsewhere, reminded him that its about the team rather than the individual.