Sign in to follow this  
W-H

Redundancy at NCFC

Sad news: I''ve just heard that at least one person has been made redundant in the Matchday Hospitality team. Not sure if other posts are "at risk" - nothing on official site.

I thought that promotion would allay staff fears of redundancy, perhaps job losses are inevitable in the current climate.

[quote user="W-H"]Sad news: I''ve just heard that at least one person has been made redundant in the Matchday Hospitality team. Not sure if other posts are "at risk" - nothing on official site. I thought that promotion would allay staff fears of redundancy, perhaps job losses are inevitable in the current climate.[/quote]

Sadly thesze things happen, and if we are to put money into buying players, cuts have to be made in other areas.  As horrid as it is, that''s the way of the world right now.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="W-H"]Sad news: I''ve just heard that at least one person has been made redundant in the Matchday Hospitality team. Not sure if other posts are "at risk" - nothing on official site. I thought that promotion would allay staff fears of redundancy, perhaps job losses are inevitable in the current climate.[/quote]

Sadly thesze things happen, and if we are to put money into buying players, cuts have to be made in other areas.  As horrid as it is, that''s the way of the world right now.

[/quote]

I dont want to see anyone lose their  job but I am pleased to see the club restucturing their  off field activities. Business sence needs to be applied throughout the whole club. 

Never nice when someone has to go through this situation so my sympathies but in a way it''s nice to see that McNally is really starting to sort out the club financially.

Like all businesses, if there is fat within it, unfortunately due to the current financial constraints fat has to be removed!

I''ve just heard that at least one person has been made redundant in the Matchday Hospitality team

Not having a moan, but how is 1 person going to save us much money??? I take it its not a former player or there would be more info....so its a normal worker......how much are they saving on that???

Terrible news on a bank holiday weekend.

Reminds me of when Glen the Slug Roeder sacked the kitman...........

"Sad news: I''ve just heard that at least one person has been made redundant in the Matchday Hospitality team"

Er... and?

NCFC is a massive organisation, and has 100''s of people on the books - this shit happens all the time. One person? From a hospitality team? Slow news day, anyone?

Hardly time to panic. Although I''m sure many of you will read in to the this, the final days of the apocalypse.

the only bit I read into this is that Mr McNally is reviewing all parts and getting rid of surplus - sounds sensible to me and I''m sure it''s not the last if there is more surplus.

Unfortunately fact of life!!

Er... and?

Do you work First Jedi???..How would you feel if you were the only person laid off???

Never nice when people loase thier jobs....especially at the minute.

I agree its not big news, but yes it has been a slow day today.........

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]I''ve just heard that at least one person has been made redundant in the Matchday Hospitality team

Not having a moan, but how is 1 person going to save us much money??? I take it its not a former player or there would be more info....so its a normal worker......how much are they saving on that???

Terrible news on a bank holiday weekend.

Reminds me of when Glen the Slug Roeder sacked the kitman...........[/quote]Its never nice when anyone loses their job. But I think there is a fundamental difference between this and Roeder sacking the kitman. I would assume that ultimately this person has been made redundant because the remaining employees can cover this persons duties at no additional cost. As someone else said we need to penny pinch wherever possible because everyone spare bit of cash should be diverted towards doing well on the pitch where it matters. I know its a massive assumption on my part but these are the brute facts about redundancy and how a football club should be run.  However when Roeder fired the kitman that struck as being entirely vindictive and malicious. He would have needed to bring a replacement into the club so it certainly didn''t save us money. It just sounded like he had got rid of a thoroughly decent guy who I think had been there since Gary Megson was in charge the first time around. It just summed up what a cold and petty individual Roeder could be sometimes. I mean did the guy shrink the shirts in the wash or spell the names on the back wrong? Utterly ridiculous.

Unfortunate for the person made redundant yes, but with the debt, the team underperforming previous to last season and in the past not enough focus put on the team,changes have had to be made at the club.

Palace got rid of 39 staff on Friday and no one has been paid their wages as there is no money left. These guys wont get redundancy due to the administration just goverment benefits.

I should imagine each department have been told to tighten up and review each job role. I suspect more redundancies will follow in other areas. It''s called Business. It''s called saving money. You''ll be surprised just how much it does save. The average costing of a single employee per day is £402. This takes into consideration stuff like Salary, NIC, Health Care, Life Insurance, Bonuses, Software Licences for Computer used, Training, Workstation Electric, Share of Overheads, Depreciation of Capital Equipment (Computer), Admin such as HR / Payroll, Sick Leave etc.

I heard recently that although "hospitality" in all its forms adds to the match day experience at Carrow Road it does not make a profit.

Now I know that "profit" can be defined in many ways but it was a bit worrying as a lot of the Club''s resorces seem to be put into it on the basis that the restaurants, etc help pay the players wages,

However when Roeder fired the kitman that struck as being entirely vindictive and malicious

I agree with this.....Roeder wanted to stamp authority, and done so by sacking the kitman, for no other reason than he could, and a boost to his power trip ego......

If they are making cut backs....wonder if McNally is taking a pay cut lol.........wonder how much McNally is on out of interest???

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]However when Roeder fired the kitman that struck as being entirely vindictive and malicious I agree with this.....Roeder wanted to stamp authority, and done so by sacking the kitman, for no other reason than he could, and a boost to his power trip ego...... If they are making cut backs....wonder if McNally is taking a pay cut lol.........wonder how much McNally is on out of interest???[/quote]

Don''t know. But how ever much him and Lambert are on, they are worth every damn penny of it.

Wassnt a moan.......just wonder how much McNally is on.....any idas???......You pay for what you get.....he has shown what a crap job Doncaster did....Doncaster was very weak and scared of upsetting other clubs.....McNally just steamed in and got Lambert at any cost............McNallys worth whatever he gets!!!

[quote user="Bobert"]I heard recently that although "hospitality" in all its forms adds to the match day experience at Carrow Road it does not make a profit. Now I know that "profit" can be defined in many ways but it was a bit worrying as a lot of the Club''s resorces seem to be put into it on the basis that the restaurants, etc help pay the players wages,[/quote]

Alot of people have been harangued on here for pointing out that off-pitch costs have been rising faster than related income.  The problem was obvious from the `08 accounts which basically showed us to be a club which literally couldn`t afford a professional football team because non player-wage costs ate up virtually all the income.  Seem to remember you have some links with the club?  Do you know if it`s true that the "Business" has been closed down?

I think we will be gradually shedding jobs over the next few years to get those costs to a more sensible level- hopefully most can be done through natural wastage.

[quote user="Michael Starr"]I should imagine each department have been told to tighten up and review each job role. I suspect more redundancies will follow in other areas. It''s called Business. It''s called saving money. You''ll be surprised just how much it does save. The average costing of a single employee per day is £402. This takes into consideration stuff like Salary, NIC, Health Care, Life Insurance, Bonuses, Software Licences for Computer used, Training, Workstation Electric, Share of Overheads, Depreciation of Capital Equipment (Computer), Admin such as HR / Payroll, Sick Leave etc.
[/quote]

Assuming that this NCFC staff member did cost £402 per day as per your example, by letting him or her go NCFC won''t save the full £402 as you appear to be implying, (apols if you are not). Some of these costs are centrally loaded, such as HR, overheads, depreciation, management etc and we will be paying for them regardless of whether there is one less staff member or not. How much of this loading is included in the £402 is the key question.

And when of course there is one less staff member the average loading per head goes up. 

Terry Postle was very popular amongst the players wasn''t he?

Did all the ''traditional'' stuff for them, as well as little odd jobs and general ''gopher'' duties, certainly had their ear and confidence in return.

You can see Roeder not wanting anything or anyone like that on his staff. Bang, you''re out.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

I dont want to see anyone lose their  job but I am pleased to see the club restucturing their  off field activities. Business sence needs to be applied throughout the whole club. 

[/quote]

Exactly my point, we either want money on the pitch or money in the restaurants, which IMO for the latter is taking another backward step.  I think it''s fantastic they are concentrating their efforts, making tough decisions where needed.

I hate to see anyone made redundant, but first and foremost we are a football club not a chain of restaurants, that surely has to come second.