Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Rose Off To Hartlepool!!!

Hartlepool ready to snatch Rose

Last updated: 29/05/2010 07:00:00

Michael Rose, who spent the second half of the season on loan at Carrow Road, is a target for Hartlepool United.

Canaries boss Paul Lambert has yet to show his hands over Rose, who he brought in from Stockport in January after Adam Drury was injured.

Hartlepool director of sport Chris Turner was close to signing the 27-year-old last summer before a clause in his contract scuppered the move.

But with a takeover at Stockport likely it could man the return of former boss Jim Gannon - and reports in the north-east suggest Rose would be desperate to leave if that happened.

Meanwhile, Walsall boss Chris Hutchings has dismissed speculation coming out of the Midlands that he wants to sign Canaries free agent Jamie Cureton.

The 34-year-old, released by Lambert, was reportedly interested in a move to the Bescott Stadium, but Hutchings says it''s a non-starter.

"I don''t know where it''s come from," he said. "It''s not come from me. He could be putting that in the paper, I haven''t spoken to Jamie Cureton or his agent. He''s not on my list, no."

No big loss IMO....poor distribution.....people took to him for his debut goal, but it became clear he wasnt up to much....midtable league one player at most.

Very good news!!! Was worried Lambert might stick with him, cant afford to show players loyalty if they are not good enough. Well done Lambert!!!

I dont think he would even be good enough as back up. Drury has had some injuries recently and the thought of Rose having to play LB for a run of games scares the life out of me.

I dont think he would even be good enough as back up. Drury has had some injuries recently and the thought of Rose having to play LB for a run of games scares the life out of me.

Agree with all of that. looked a liability in League one....god knows what would happen in the championship.........

I do wonder how (a) he would have got on in the Championship had he stayed and (b) how he would have fared had he gone on loan in a team that was mid-table as opposed to at City who were top and full of confidence.

Maybe League 1 is his level and I hope he finds a club next season.

Rose was a decent loan player and thanks to him for the games that he played for us, especially at Swindon where he was excellent.

I have heard rumours Lambert wants to sign this guy Tierney from Colchester instead. Obviously the major flaws to this are Tierney himself claiming he would never play for Norwich, it will be a cold day in hell when Rob Cowling sells him to us and I think its possible one of the clauses of the tribunal decision could be that we are not allowed to go after Colchester players for a while. But apart from all that. Its on lol!

Oh dear, what a shame, never mind......Quite glad really, I didn''t mind him, but i don''t think he up to the Championship really....

Think Rose would be a liability in the Championship, whether he''s back up or not.

And no way to Tierney, dirty tw*t!

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I would have a look at Harte....[/quote]

We''ve got enough centre backs, unless you''re talking about playing him at left back which he hasn''t done all season because he gets skinned alive without any pace. He''s scored a few goals but defensively he''s been poor, a defenders primary job is to defend.

i''m happy with that. i wouldn''t bother with harte either, i can''t see him wanting to sit on the bench is why he went to carlisle in the 1st place. he will never get in the team over dury, plus that will give us 2 ageing left backs, hopefully lambert keeps the trend and get someone in there mid 20''s now coming to there peak.

Need decent cover at LB then.

Hopefully PL isn''t thinking that Lappin can cover there. He doesn''t seem to see anything in Whiggins which is surprising, as he has hardly had a chance to play-and Bournemouth really rate him.

But maybe he is seen as being LB here?

My bad, didn''t realise that he plays centre back now, he lost his pace a good few years ago.

I''ll stick to my day job and not a scout...

Not good enough for the Championship in my opinion, but will always be thankful for what he did last season.

He came in just before Drury got injured, and it''s possible without him (or another recognised left-back) we''d have struggled.

Put in a couple of excellent performances (his cross for Holt at Swindon was simply sublime as I was right in line with it), but we need to look elsewhere.

David Wright or Tom Kennedy for me, or even Wiggins promoted.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Hartlepool ready to snatch Rose

Last updated: 29/05/2010 07:00:00

Michael Rose, who spent the second half of the season on loan at Carrow Road, is a target for Hartlepool United.

Canaries boss Paul Lambert has yet to show his hands over Rose, who he brought in from Stockport in January after Adam Drury was injured.

Hartlepool director of sport Chris Turner was close to signing the 27-year-old last summer before a clause in his contract scuppered the move.

But with a takeover at Stockport likely it could man the return of former boss Jim Gannon - and reports in the north-east suggest Rose would be desperate to leave if that happened.

Meanwhile, Walsall boss Chris Hutchings has dismissed speculation coming out of the Midlands that he wants to sign Canaries free agent Jamie Cureton.

The 34-year-old, released by Lambert, was reportedly interested in a move to the Bescott Stadium, but Hutchings says it''s a non-starter.

"I don''t know where it''s come from," he said. "It''s not come from me. He could be putting that in the paper, I haven''t spoken to Jamie Cureton or his agent. He''s not on my list, no."

No big loss IMO....poor distribution.....people took to him for his debut goal, but it became clear he wasnt up to much....midtable league one player at most.[/quote]

Than god gor that.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Need decent cover at LB then. Hopefully PL isn''t thinking that Lappin can cover there. He doesn''t seem to see anything in Whiggins which is surprising, as he has hardly had a chance to play-and Bournemouth really rate him. But maybe he is seen as being LB here?[/quote]

Don''t think their fans do [:S]

Although I agree with the general consensus that Rose probably isn''t good enough for the championship I think that guy gets an awful lot of unfair criticism

I thought he did an excellent job for us last year. In my opinion his distribution was no worse than that of Drury and I thought once he settled in he showed a good willingness to support the attack when he could. He certainly provided more of a goal threat than Drury does. What lets him down is his reading of the game defensively. Often he would dive in when he had no real need to.

It''s just a shame he isn''t 5 years younger

I agree, but Harte plays CB now.

Could act as centre half and left back cover...think he would push Nelson and Drury....and his set pieces are the best outside the premiership....

No offence to Rose, he done a job....fact is his passing was poor and his positioning was questionable....Doc was often shouting at him..........I think some peoples judgment of him is clouded by his debut goal.......thanks for helping out Rose, but no thanks.......

I went past Carrow Road today (not that long ago....) and i''m sure it was Rose i saw coming out......but if hes off to Hartlepool, why would he be in Norwich?