Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

MILLWALL v SWINDON...

who do you fancy? I really don''t mind who wins, but which team has the richest pickings should they fail to reach our league?

[quote user="The Irish Messi"]Millwall to win so we have a chance of getting Painter from Swindon,[/quote]I agree with this, but i think he maybe a wanted man, i can see Leeds thinking the same now Beckford has departed.

I want Millwall to win. I live in London and enjoy a day out at the New Den. Always a great atmosphere and I feel the need for some away day revenge for recent results.

[quote user="Romantic"]I want Millwall to win. I live in London and enjoy a day out at the New Den. Always a great atmosphere and I feel the need for some away day revenge for recent results.
[/quote]

I''m London based, but would prefer Swindon to win. I''ve never really enjoyed my trips to the New Den, we hardly ever seem to win in London, and I think that Swindon will be less of a threat than Millwall next season.

[quote user="yorkcanary"]I would love to see Millwall lose - why? because they are Millwall.[/quote]Same here York, I have history as they say!

I hate visiting Millwall and this season was a particular pain with having to wait around for almost an hour after the game, whereas it''s always easy to get tickets for Swindon and definitely more of a pleasure to visit. C''mon SWINDON !!!!!  [:P] 

[quote user="yorkcanary"]I would love to see Millwall lose - why? because they are Millwall.[/quote]

This.

I understand people wanting them to win because it''s closer and easier for them to get to but I can''t work out why people actually want them to win.  If you see what I mean.  However I still think they will win unfortunately.

I would like Millwall to go up........if we didnt want teams with a history of hooliganism in the higher leagues, Man Utd would be in the conference or blue square thing whats it called......

If anyone else is watching its been the perfect advert for league one - two teams of cloggers in a half empty stadium

Raelly??? How many Millwall are there??? Wouldnt be shocked if Swindon didnt bring many to be honest.....

Man Utd are far worse than Millwall, people turn a blind eye to them because they are a success on the pitch but the mancs were and are the worst in the country.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF-68uFJWTM

This may refresh a few memorys.

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]Austin just confirmed why we wouldn''t want him with a glaring miss[/quote]big bobble just before he hit it

[quote user="Persnickety"][quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]Austin just confirmed why we wouldn''t want him with a glaring miss[/quote]

big bobble just before he hit it
[/quote]aweful bobble before he was about to strike it

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]If anyone else is watching its been the perfect advert for league one - two teams of cloggers in a half empty stadium[/quote]Surely 73,000 is a great advert for League 1 football, you''ve got to factor in all of the corporate & Club Wembley seats that don''t go to supporters that are empty today but aren''t for the Cup Final or Championship play off final.

A bit OT but I saw that at the Champions league final, there were only 20000 to each sets of fans, the rest was corporate, yes some of that would have gone to the supporters through competitions, but it''s how football is now that it is all for the big sponsors, god forbid if we got to the final of something and found out that I couldn''t get a ticket as some fat man from Burnley won it on a over night ITV show.

As much as I dont like Millwall im sort of glad they went up as its right up the road from my uni so easy away game to go to for me next season

god forbid if we got to the final of something and found out that I couldn''t get a ticket as some fat man from Burnley won it on a over night ITV show.

LOL.

Fulham v Athletico madrid, 12,500 each....50,000 attended......

It happens all the time in football. During the world cup and champions league games etc. they give a huge amount of tickets to sponsors. I think during the last world cup for most games only about 11,000 or so tickets were made available officially to England fans. The sponsors were given something like 30,000 tickets and of course they dont know what to do with them so they just sell them on to touts and they end up on the black market. Fans have to pay huge sums of money for a ticket aswell and touts have an absolute field day

During the world cup and champions league games etc. they give a huge amount of tickets to sponsors

Also a percentage go on general sale to the hosts of the game.....eg South Africa.......tickets havent sold well for this world cup as locals simply cant afford to buy tickets so more hav been made available to the nations actually playing the matches........

[quote user="Lambo"]Millwall to win so we have a chance of getting Painter from Swindon,[/quote]

I don''t get all this Paynter business, we should be aiming for someone better than him.  He scored 26 goals this season which is great, only four less than Grant Holt but, this was Paynter''s best season ever.  All the other clubs he has been at which havn''t exactly been high profile clubs he has been utterly woeful!  Before this season his highest ever goalscoring season was only a measly 13 goals.  Hardly Championship quality is it.

Just back from the game, very poor, good turnout from both side but no atmosphere....it says it all when a Norwich fan is responsible for leading the Swindon chants!

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]Austin just confirmed why we wouldn''t want him with a glaring miss[/quote]

How can you say that? Even before they showed the replay from behind the goal it was obvious that the Wembley pitch had claimed another victim. I felt sorry for the lad. He''s had a very good season only for it to remembered for an unlucky miss in the play-off final.

the Wembley pitch had claimed another victim

Like many pros have said...its supposed to be a football stadium....the most famous in the world.........yet the FA buggered up the construction, went way over budget, and now lease it out to any sod that wants it.

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]Austin just confirmed why we wouldn''t want him with a glaring miss[/quote]

Absolute rubbish. He was just really unlucky. When he got clean through the ball skipped up off the turf onto his shin. Hence why he missed it. The surface was to blame there is my opinion. As other people have said Wembley is meant to be a football stadium. I am no economist or constuction expert but if Arsenal can build the Emirates for £390 million and have a surface which is like a bowling green why can''t Wembley do it. It''s an absolute shambles and it''s not exactly going to help the world cup bid if people see players slipping all over the place and the ball bobbling.

What happened today shouldn''t take the gloss of what Austin has achieved this season. I think he is a fantastic player. He is determined and has made into the professional game the hard way. He never gives up. He had no service whatsoever today but he created a chance for himselft by forcing the defender into a mistake. Scoring 20 goals in 34 games in league one is remarkable when you started the season playing for Poole Town and working as a part time bricklayer. He scores all kinds of goals too like that super header against Charlton. I would love him at Carrow Road to really push Chris Martin but that will never happen as we can''t afford him.

That surface is being blamed for injuries, misses, falls, passing....and rightly so, its a disgrace......if th FA dont sort this mess out they could start facing legal action.....im serious.

All the money they pissed away over budget, trying to claw it back by turniing the famous wembley into a joke...I hope someone does sue the FA for an injury, its the only thing they understand -money!!!