Sign in to follow this  
Libbra Lives in Dubai

Suggested list of transfer targets

Think we could do with a few of these guys (some more realistic than others!). Bit lightweight in the CF department. I feel we need a quick and speedy option to go with what we already have. Any more suggestions for useful signings?

GK

Forster (Newcastle)

Lewis (Peterborough)

Def

Danny Shittu (Bolton)

Ibrahima Sonko (Stoke)

Radhi Jaidi (Southampton)

Mid

Teemu Tainio Sunderland

Lee Carsley Birmingham (free)

Nicky Bailey (Charlton)

George Boyd (Peterborough)

Andy Reid (sunderland)

Albert Adomah (Barnet)

CF

Freddie Sears (West Ham)

Craig Mackail Smith (Peterborough)

Jaidi is terrible! I actually don''t think Lewis is all that cracked up to what he is supposed to be.some decent names on the list though.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Jaidi is terrible![/quote]

I disagree - I think he''s decent and am surprised to see him playing in League One.  He had Grant Holt in his pocket all afternoon when Southampton came here.

Not too sure about Carsley, sears or Sonko but I like the other names on there... I''m still gonna push for us to sign Andy Griffin even if his hair has turned grey and he''s got a stomach the size of the michelin man! (that might be exagerrating it a bit [:P])

With fees and wages ( premiership wages usually in excess of £20k per week £1m plus per year ) I make that about £21.3 million pounds worth of business. Lets hope Mr Foulger puts his hand in his pocket again or we really have got secret financial backing.

Ambition is brilliant but look at where it got Portsmouth, Hull and Crystal Palace.

Jaidi is a very good player however he is a bit old now.

Would love to see a Tunisian playing for Norwich (I work there) and I would certainly sponsor the kit!

TBH though we should be looking for younger players with some sell on potential.

I just mentioned to my Bolton Pal that Danny Shittu''s name popped up on this forum for players we should look at - he said he''d drive the player down to Norfolk himself! lol!

29 May 2010 00:50:28

Brett Pitman will seal a deal with Norwich City Monday or Tuesday

morning on a three year contract with an option of a further year.

Coventry will also complete the signing of Lloyd Sam from Charlton

Athletic.

[quote user="NCFC-47"]29 May 2010 00:50:28
Brett Pitman will seal a deal with Norwich City Monday or Tuesday morning on a three year contract with an option of a further year. Coventry will also complete the signing of Lloyd Sam from Charlton Athletic.[/quote] Would rather have big steve fletcher... but that''s just me [:D]

Freddy Sears record.

2007– West Ham United 25 (1)

2009 → Crystal Palace (loan) 18 (0)

2010 → Coventry City (loan) 10 (0)

And that 1 goal for west ham was on his debut.......no gaols in 52 games.........tell roy Keane he will snap him up for 5m!!!

I recall after his debut goal, he was labelled the new Tony Cottee........

Oh, maybe i am thinking of a diffrent young West Ham striker

To be fair Gingerpele, you probably were thinking of him..he was tipped for big things..I thought good idea when i saw his name on the list,,then looked at his goals record.......he did score the goal that never was for Palace away to Bristol City........

I saw Danny Shittu play a while back for Watford, he was by far the best player on the pitch. He seemed to have really good distribution so possibly just what we need. (not too shabby in the air either)

[quote user="Docs Big Nose that was at the Heart of the Defence"]Brett Pittmans  good shout.[/quote]

If I''m honest, I have never heard of him!  Any good?  What team?  What position?  Goal scorer or creator?

I had a look on wiki and in 170 appearances he scored 56 goals, thats 1 in every 3 for a league 2 striker.  Do we really want to sign an average league 2 striker?

I have never seen him play or know anything about him but, all I am saying is that going by his goals record (which overall is what really matters if you are a striker) he is an average league 2 striker.  Okay he is only 22 but 170 matches is a lot and for him to be of that age and played 170 games and only scored 56 goals he can''t be that special?

He''s scored more league goals than Holt did the season before in the same division.

Played a huge part in keeping Bournemouth up as well.

Very good player in my opinion. Would be a cracking signing as competition.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Jaidi is terrible![/quote]

I disagree - I think he''s decent and am surprised to see him playing in League One.  He had Grant Holt in his pocket all afternoon when Southampton came here.

[/quote]

Me too! The way Jaidi looked after Holt was the single best individual performance of the season for me - he was awesome that day. A man mountain with skill...