Sign in to follow this  
ncfc4life

Early championship predictions for next season

With the championship line up now complete. What are peoples predictions at the moment in time. Obviously its a bit hard to sort of tell as there hassnt been much transfer acivity so far.Thee are my predictions:Champions: MiddlesbroughSecond Place:  Notts ForestPlay Offs: Burnley, Sheffield United, Bristol City, QPRRelegation: Scunthorpe, Portsmouth, WatfordNorwich to finish midtableI think this is one of the hardest championships to predict in recent years. Out of the two sides who went down from the prem two are in serious financial problems and Portsmouth could start with a 10 point deduction while Burnley i Dont think are a brilliant side and not convinced by the manager. I think all three sides that went up from league one should all do pretty well aswell.Dont know if anyone else has seen but bookies have Reading and QPR as the favourites to go up. QPR i can see why as they finally appear to have got themselves a good manager in warnock and appear to be getting the chequebook out but not really sure as too why Reading are favourites

Champions: Middlesbrough

Second Place: Notts Forest

Play Offs: Burnley, Sheffield United, Bristol City, QPR

I would say more or less spot on there.........Portsmouth will only go down if they have a points deduction, and still in admin, which will make them less attractive to transfer targets......

[quote user="ncfc4life"]but not really sure as too why Reading are favourites[/quote]Really?  Under Brian McDermott they were in the bottom three at the end of January but finished ninth.  They had a sensational run and I''d be very surprised if they weren''t challenging next season.

Very open field next season.  Depending on who we sign we could have the possibilty of a play off push but it would take some doing.  This could all depend on players other teams sign aswell, if big signings are made by other clubs similar to us then I can''t see much but mid table however if they don''t and keep most of their existing squad with a few departures it could be the best oppurtunity to push for the play offs we have had in years.

Ok had a think.

Champs - Middlesboro

Runners up - Forest

Play offs - QPR, Swansea, Cardiff, Bristol City

Norwich??? Settle for mid table, and push on in 2011/2112

15 of the 24 teams are available at 20/1 or less so it''s very, very hard to call. Fancy Pompey for some reason - I know the cash isn''t there, but team spirit and the ability to attract players could pay off

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Ok had a think.

Champs - Middlesboro

Runners up - Forest

Play offs - QPR, Swansea, Cardiff, Bristol City

Norwich??? Settle for mid table, and push on in 2011/2112[/quote]A 101 year season Arthur ? [;)]

[quote user="NCFC-47"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Ok had a think. Champs - Middlesboro Runners up - Forest Play offs - QPR, Swansea, Cardiff, Bristol City Norwich??? Settle for mid table, and push on in 2011/2112[/quote]

A 101 year season Arthur ? [;)]
[/quote]

Be a bit tired by the end of that season. How many goals would the top goal scorer have bearing in mind they would play in it 15 years max if they started off young.

[quote user="Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son"][quote user="NCFC-47"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Ok had a think. Champs - Middlesboro Runners up - Forest Play offs - QPR, Swansea, Cardiff, Bristol City Norwich??? Settle for mid table, and push on in 2011/2112[/quote]

A 101 year season Arthur ? [;)]
[/quote]

Be a bit tired by the end of that season. How many goals would the top goal scorer have bearing in mind they would play in it 15 years max if they started off young.[/quote]

about 400 goals?

NCFC-47 wrote:

Arthur Whittle wrote:

Ok had a think. Champs - Middlesboro Runners up - Forest Play offs - QPR, Swansea, Cardiff, Bristol City Norwich??? Settle for mid table, and push on in 2011/2112

A 101 year season Arthur ?

Be a bit tired by the end of that season. How many goals would the top goal scorer have bearing in mind they would play in it 15 years max if they started off young.

Bugger!!! You know what I menat LOL.

I think a lot of clubs will be hit by points deductions and administration next season.Champions: MiddlesbroughSecond Place:  Burnley (they will sack Laws and get someone decent)Play Offs:

QPR, Palace, Swansea, ReadingRelegation:

Hull, Portsmouth, WatfordNorwich to finish 9th

I think a lot of clubs will be hit by points deductions and administration next season.

Hull, Portsmouth and Palace look likely....maybe a few others we dont know about yet...dont rule out QPR, after the way they have been run lately..according to reports, Palace are on the brink of folding, never liked Palace, but not nice to see any club fold..........thankfully it should never ahppen to City, while we own Carrow Road, it wont happen......

Second Place: Burnley (they will sack Laws and get someone decent)

Agree with that. If they get rid of Laws I can see them doing well.....if he stays, midtable at best....

1. Forest2. BurnleyPlay offs - Boro, Reading, Sheff Utd, Norwich*. [:)]* - Play off winners.

1. Nottingham Forest 2. Reading3. Burnley (Again if they sack Laws)4. Middlesboro5. Leicester6. Cardiff10. Norwich City22. Leeds United (Wishful thinking)23. Scunthorpe24. Hull City

Difficult one to predict as this will be the closest league for many seasons IMO

1st - Cardiff (if they are successful with their takeover)

2nd - Reading

Playoffs - Boro, QPR, Sheffield United and Burnley.

Relegated - Scunthorpe, Portsmouth and Crystal Falace

City and Dipswitch to finish 8th and 10th respectively

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Ok had a think. Champs - Middlesboro Runners up - Forest Play offs - QPR, Swansea, Cardiff, Bristol City Norwich??? Settle for mid table, and push on in 2011/2112[/quote]Sorry Arthur, barring a huge points deduction over that Essex pub team fiasco, we''ll be going up this season.[Y]