Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

how well do you really know the game?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/series/you-are-the-refbe interesting to see how many refs know these?the quick free kick rule (on the rio ferdinand picture) is one that i didn''t know.. refs get this one wrong weekly!

After one of the Norwich games this season a few of the Capital Canaries bumped into one of the match officials on the way home. (Not saying which game, or whether it was at home or away). He was a decent guy, talked through some of the decisions given and the reason for them, and it was surprising to find out what the rules really were as opposed to what the group thought they were!

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

After one of the Norwich games this season a few of the Capital Canaries bumped into one of the match officials on the way home. (Not saying which game, or whether it was at home or away). He was a decent guy, talked through some of the decisions given and the reason for them, and it was surprising to find out what the rules really were as opposed to what the group thought they were!

[/quote]I bet the ref in question is strongly relieved you didn''t reveal his identity nor give any clues away so that nobody could track him down and ask him the same questions!!!

yeah i thought that, the suspense of not knowing which ref it was, and whether it was a home or away game is really getting to me

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

[/quote]

Good job it was this season...there were a few refs last year that would have been lynched given some of the decisions made!