Sign in to follow this  
stan the man

Fraser Forster at Carrow Road Today

No I''m not a crack pot but i was at the ground this afternoon playing on the pitch on a corporate day and some of us went to the holiday inn for a drink after the match. He was in there having a meal with his girlfriend. I ask him if there was any good news and he just laughed with a rye smile. lets hope he was finalising a deal. Lambert also made an appearance pitch side for about 10mins

[quote user="stan the man"]No I''m not a crack pot but i was at the ground this afternoon playing on the pitch on a corporate day and some of us went to the holiday inn for a drink after the match. He was in there having a meal with his girlfriend. I ask him if there was any good news and he just laughed with a rye smile. lets hope he was finalising a deal. Lambert also made an appearance pitch side for about 10mins[/quote]Perhaps his bird is pregnant?

Looking on the negative side of the story -

Maybe after staying in the hotel last season he grew to love the excellenet cuisine and wanted to take his ''bird'' on an 8hour return journey to sample the gorgous grub!!

Well i know that its pretty obvious what he would be doing down here. But i just don''t want to count the chickens before they''ve hatched.

I also saw Fraser today walking through Chapelfield, he'';s a big unit I can tell you!!

Got to be great news him being here, why else would he come back to Norwich during holiday season unless it was for a specific reason, unless of course his girlfriend is from Norwich, which of course would also go in our favour!!

He will be confirmed monday i hear........also heard a rumour....dont get your hopes to high....but the rumour was....its a loan......with a view to a permanent move next june..........dont shoot the messenger!!!

Not convinced but no shooting, however, he seems to be around here a lot and seems to like the area and the club and lets be honest, how long can Newcastle keep hold of him if he''s not playing first team football so who knows.

All I know is that he is a "top class" keeper and probably all round the best we''ve had in a long time. Kicking was his nemesis when he first arrived but improved no end, as for the rest, he has presence, great shot stopper and commanding in the air.

This could be the biggest signing for a lot of years if we land him so on that basis I would be a little suprised but have to say under the current CEO/Manager etc, anything is possible and nothing would suprise me!

Keeping those fingers crossed

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]He will be confirmed monday i hear........also heard a rumour....dont get your hopes to high....but the rumour was....its a loan......with a view to a permanent move next june..........dont shoot the messenger!!![/quote]

Please, stop getting my hopes up [:(]

Well the rumour of a permanent at the end of the season depends on Newcastles goalkeeping needs..they have Harper, Krull....they have a lad coming through, apart from Forster, they rate highly.......thats all I know

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]He will be confirmed monday i hear........also heard a rumour....dont get your hopes to high....but the rumour was....its a loan......with a view to a permanent move next june..........dont shoot the messenger!!![/quote]

He could go down as being one of our greatest players ever, future England keeper if ever I saw one.

This is all depending on him actually coming here of course. [;)]

Completely agree First Wiz, it''s close call but I would argue that he is better than Greeno, although my view of Greeno is slightly distorted due to his last few months when he wasn''t himself after getting his knee injury.

Either way, excellent keeper and all I hope for is him being here for another year!

[quote user="RichT - The Biscuit"]Completely agree First Wiz.......[/quote]It wasn''t Wiz, it was Waz.....wasn''t it? [:^)]

[quote user="RichT - The Biscuit"]Completely agree First Wiz, it''s close call but I would argue that he is better than Greeno, although my view of Greeno is slightly distorted due to his last few months when he wasn''t himself after getting his knee injury.

Either way, excellent keeper and all I hope for is him being here for another year![/quote]I said something similar to this about 4 or 5 months ago and the bandwagon crew all kicked off saying I was bonkers and didn''t know what I was talking about.

Sorry, I meant Waz but for some reason these tired fingers typed Wiz, apologies Wiz and Waz and I promise to get my Wizes and Wazes right in future!

Still, my point was still relevant, Wiz, Waz or whazever!

[quote user="Mushroom"]He lives in the block of flats literally behind the N&P stand, so maybe he just fancied a drink/meal down the road?[/quote]

Who does Wiz or Waz (me) ?

[quote user="RichT - The Biscuit"]Completely agree First Wiz, it''s close call but I would argue that he is better than Greeno, although my view of Greeno is slightly distorted due to his last few months when he wasn''t himself after getting his knee injury. Either way, excellent keeper and all I hope for is him being here for another year![/quote]

I think he''s better than Greeno and has more potential too.

I think he''s better than Greeno and has more potential too

No offence to Frazer, I do think he has potential.....but green is a proven Championship and Premier league keeper....too early to compare IMO.....also heard Frazer being touted for Scotland NO1....any truth to that???

Get him here on loan and the back 5 is sorted unless he feels neither Martin or Spillane is good enough to nail down the right back spot. If this is true I like Lambert''s idea of building from the back. There were too many games (prime example being Derby at home) in the championship last time round where we shot ourselves in the foot by giving away daft goals.

If he signs on loan for a year there may be a clause in that deal if we get in the premier league at the end of next season he stays!

Don''t laugh chaps this is real we will be back in the premier league, money has nothing to do with it, look at Blackpool, we have 25000 fans every week, we are going places and we will attract the right calibre of hungry players!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Its already agreed, hes definetly coming back for at least the season.[/quote]

You sound so sure Arthur, I am pretty confident it will happen but do you know something for sure?

I''m not going to ask for a source just wonder if your confidence is wishful thinking or you are actually in the know.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]He will be confirmed monday i hear........also heard a rumour....dont get your hopes to high....but the rumour was....its a loan......with a view to a permanent move next june..........dont shoot the messenger!!![/quote]Bang![;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="RichT - The Biscuit"]Completely agree First Wiz.......[/quote]It wasn''t Wiz, it was Waz.....wasn''t it? [:^)][/quote]

Are you getting into a tiz waz Lapp?