Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

1 Million Pound Compo Over Lambert!!

So claimed on their boards tonight:

Just spotted this on BBC Sports: I understand from my neighbour - who, trust me, is a very reliable source - that the full decision was sent to both Clubs last Monday but has not been released because City are still clarifying a couple of points with the possibility of a appeal. I do not know the full details but apparently the compensation figure is above our worst fears and whilst City might have been prepared to accept that to see an end to the matter the Breach of Rules decision implies wrong practice on the part of NCFC and that is what might generate an appeal.
I hope it hurts until the tears flow and when the directors look at one another across the table there is one man''s judgement & honesty that cannot be trusted & has hurt the reputation of your club.
If memory serves me right RC was asking for a 7 figure sum in compensation & that makes it folks at least a million pounds & if that''s the case Norwich are no longer 23 million in debt they are now 24 million in debt.

I don''t hold much on rumours like this, but Cowling did say today that he was happy with the first part of their claim, but not so much with the second part.

Just can''t see it being £1 million. But given the new Premiership solidarity payments plus extra money generated from Newcastle and West Brom being promoted first time round he was worth every penny.

Well they say that promotion with mean we are around £4m better off, so therefore if Lambert has cost £1m then its a pretty steady return on investment in my opinion. 

While it''s not ideal, we''d have been happy paying £1m for a striker to get us out of the league so why not for a manager?

It''s big money if that is what we have to pay but I believe he will have been worth every single penny. IF we did anything wrong and this is what has actually happened.

[quote user="CallsignViper"]While it''s not ideal, we''d have been happy paying £1m for a striker to get us out of the league so why not for a manager? It''s big money if that is what we have to pay but I believe he will have been worth every single penny. IF we did anything wrong and this is what has actually happened.[/quote]Totally agree, worth every penny.0

If its a million quid that a joke and I don''t see how the Football League would have the ability to award that in respect of a manager who had already resigned. I agree though sounds as if they have got compensation out of it they are reasonably happy with but not the points deduction Cowling was calling for!

I have not the slightest idea whether there is any truth in this, but posters should bear in mind that the case was not just about Lambert. Colchester''s complaint included our acquisition of Culverhouse and Karsa. In other words, the three main footballing members of the coaching staff. That represented a serious loss to Colchester, and ruined any plans they might have had of promoting Culverhouse at some point in the future. Presumably any compensation figure covers the loss of all three.The fact that the three were cited may also have been a legal factor in the case. Our defence as far as acquiring Lambert was concerned, for example, may not have applied to Culverhouse and Karsa, or vice versa.

if you believe it was a million quid your on cuckoo land. Id say it will be a few hundred thousand and is worth every penny. Dont listen to wait cuntling has to say if he got no money he would bleat on that it has secured colchester finnancially or some shit. He knows we will never find out the true value so is just conning the chavs with his drivvel.

Tbh the only thing that would ''hurt'' is relegation and I don''t think that is even a remote possibility. There''s seems to be little doubt that we will owe some money, but I''m sure most of us couldn''t really give too much of a toss what the figure is. If Col Who and its supporters really think it is hurting us in any way at all, they should get themselves a life.

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/colchester_united/8714614.stm

Listen to last 30 seconds of the interview. Sounds like Cowling has got a shedload of money, probably an embargo on us signing players or something to that effect but possibly no points deduction. I know I am guessing and jumping to conclusion but it seems to fit.

[/quote]

Surely we''ve signed players since the judgement was handed down, so it can''t be a transfer embargo?

[quote user="Rivvo"][quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]

Listen to last 30 seconds of the interview. Sounds like Cowling has got a shedload of money, probably an embargo on us signing players or something to that effect but possibly no points deduction. I know I am guessing and jumping to conclusion but it seems to fit.

[/quote]

Surely we''ve signed players since the judgement was handed down, so it can''t be a transfer embargo?

[/quote]An embargo on signing any Colchester players maybe?

I think that the bit of knews Colchester wont like is their chairman recieving a fine for bringing the game into dis-repute which is effectively what he did when he said that the tribunal should deduct points or it wasn''t doing its job properly. I also think that we went to them with several offers of both money and to sit down and discuss of which I think all were blown out of the water.

Thats not based on anything other than how people seem to have reacted on both sides.

A player embargo wouldn''t harm us in that who have they got that we would want to sign anyway?

£1million? Really that much? Ok so they lost a manager and his assistant along with a head of football. But these days when you loose a manager you quite often find that at least one member of their coaching staff go with them. Infact many good managers past and present have had their wing men who they cannot do without.

The thing is whatever the tribunal has layed out they would have to have been careful about because it could set a precident. I think £1million is unlikely as a sum in its own right for one man. I also thought that its often around whatever it takes to buy out the rest of their contract. Lambert had a rolling one did he not? So could be he was on a million a year - although I somewhat doubt that.

Brining Ewan Chester on board as new chief scout does not seem to fit with any particularly severe punishment.  If the club was going to be short of money or unable to sign players, why would they bring in someone of his undoubed quality (and expense).My guess is that we''ve been found guilty of misconduct - which Cowling is happy about.  But the punishment is relatively  minor - which he is not.

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="Rivvo"][quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

An embargo on signing any Colchester players maybe?
[/quote]

The Colchester part was exactly what I meant. Sorry. Typo by me.

What a jumped-up little shit of a twat he is. "The sanctions didn''t go far enough".... I hope that shithole of a club rots in that division for the next thousand years.

TBH if Mad Cow wants the figure public it''s obvious he won a very large amount.  Is £1m?  Well these days £1m is sod all in football so I wouldn''t be surprised.

"Why can''t the decisions be revealed. Is it because they are under appeal by NCFC? "

That and everything hasn''t been decided yet...? They did say, there was other things to be worked out, if I remember...?

Apparently Real Madrid paid £16m compensation to Inter for Mourinho.

I say sack the board for not showing ambition and getting Jose in!

It''s on PinkUn home page now - final decision has been made.  Cowling says he has "a smile on my face" regarding compensation but thinks the sanctions did not go far enough.

Whatever we have to pay it will be worth every penny.  The worst case scenario is that it will send us over the edge financially, but I''d rather be bust in the Championship than bust in League1, which is what would probably have happened if we''d stayed down.

Absolute rubbish. 1m would make it one of the highest payouts ever awarded to a english club for compensation for losing a manager,

[quote user="newboy"]Absolute rubbish. 1m would make it one of the highest payouts ever awarded to a english club for compensation for losing a manager,[/quote]

However, I wouldn''t rule out the authorities making an example of a club the size of ours - they''ve done it before after all.  They haven''t got the bottle to penalise the really big clubs.