Sign in to follow this  
james norwich

Worst game played for Canaries (different to worst player)

1. Stavros v Colchester

2. Drazen Muzinic v Rotherham away. Lost 4-1n and their tricky winger (Tynan i think) ran him into the ground. And we were 1-0 up after 15 minutes (Greg Shephard)

3. Big Dunc v Man City away. John Bond deceided to play Dunc at right back to combat Peter Barnes. Trouble is every time Duncan tried to kick him into touch he missed him!! 4.0 defeat and Mick Channon scored two Man City goals.

Shackell away at Palace in our promotion year.Goran Maric in the JPT round 1.Theoklitos...Im sure theres more, but I think ive wiped most of them from memory!

Dickson Etuhu v Preston. The match before he signed for us. It was one of the most shocking displays I have ever seen from a Norwich player. He was quite good after that but even my mother who has no interest in football started screaming at him for being useless that day.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Shackell away at Palace in our promotion year.

Goran Maric in the JPT round 1.

Theoklitos...

Im sure theres more, but I think ive wiped most of them from memory!
[/quote]

Was that when Shack was played at left back in one of his first games. I went to a Palace away game with the Shack at left back and every single pass (all bar a couple) went into the crowd!!

I would also like to add a young winner on loan against Leicester about 2 seasons ago! His name escapes me at the minute! Anybody at the game would know who i mean!

[quote user="Philipo87"]

Theoklitos...

[/quote]

Was that when Shack was played at left back in one of his first games. I went to a Palace away game with the Shack at left back and every single pass (all bar a couple) went into the crowd!!

I would also like to add a young winner on loan against Leicester about 2 seasons ago! His name escapes me at the minute! Anybody at the game would know who i mean!

[/quote]

I was at Palace also and in his slight defence it was a very windy day! Remember hearing of parts of stands coming down across the country.

[quote user="PL"][quote user="Philipo87"]

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Shackell away at Palace in our promotion year.Goran Maric in the JPT round 1.Theoklitos...Im sure theres more, but I think ive wiped most of them from memory![/quote]

[/quote]I was at Palace also and in his slight defence it was a very windy day! Remember hearing of parts of stands coming down across the country.[/quote]Thats the one, we took 8000 (?) down I believe, and as per usual at Selhurst Park we got miserably beaten. And yes in fairness it was very windy..As for the young winger.. James Henry?

Mark Bowen v Nottingham Forest 1990/91. Absolutely annihilated by Franz Carr time and again - we got stuffed 6-2.

Or Paul Dalglish away to Derby in the League Cup in 2000/2001. Come to think of it Daryl Sutch was pretty ropey in that game - only the following day did I learn he was supposed to have been doing a man to man job on Kinkladze!!!

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]Dickson Etuhu v Preston. The match before he signed for us. It was one of the most shocking displays I have ever seen from a Norwich player. He was quite good after that but even my mother who has no interest in football started screaming at him for being useless that day.[/quote]

Didn''t he break a guys leg in that game?

Away at Stoke the year before they went up.  Grant played Doherty in the holding role... one of many bad decisions Grant made.

[quote user="Philipo87"]

Theoklitos...

[/quote]

[/quote]

James Henry, and I''d go along with that aswell.

There is 1 performance that really stands out for me.

Paul Dalglish (in fact probably the whole team that night) away at Cheltenham in the League Cup 2nd round 2nd leg 1999.

He could trap the ball further than I could kick it that night and so many ''crosses'' ended up on the bowling green behind the away end.

We went into the game leading 2-0 from the first leg and scraped through by LOSING 2-1 in extra time with a Lee Marshall goal that looked about 10 yards offside (but Phil Dowd was the ref so it couldn''t have been, could it?)

That was the night after months of kidding ourselves that we realised he definately wasn''t his old man (or ever would be) - however many times we chanted "DALGLISH!...DALGLISH!" at him in the style of the Kop.

He was so bad, Rioch substituted him with Pape Diop!

[quote user="PL"][quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]Dickson Etuhu v Preston. The match before he signed for us. It was one of the most shocking displays I have ever seen from a Norwich player. He was quite good after that but even my mother who has no interest in football started screaming at him for being useless that day.[/quote]

Didn''t he break a guys leg in that game?[/quote]

Yes - it was Adam Nowland - I think he used to play for Wimbledon. The tackle was on the City stand side of the pitch as I recall. We got stuffed in that game, Safri had just gone of to the African Nations and we had played only a couple of days earlier but Preston had their previous game postponed.

[quote user="james norwich"]2. Drazen Muzinic v Rotherham away. Lost 4-1n and their tricky winger (Tynan i think) ran him into the ground. And we were 1-0 up after 15 minutes (Greg Shephard) [/quote]

I have to take exception to this...

...I was far worse against Middlesbrough the season before - we lost 6-1 including an OG from Clive Woods and a brace from the mighty Bosko Jancovic.

Against The Merry Millers I was in the number 3 shirt against a very skilful Tony Towner and even big Ronnie Moore scored that day.

It all turned out OK in the end - City went back up and I was long gone by the end of the season!

"Taxi for Scamps please..."

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="PL"][quote user="Philipo87"]

Theoklitos...

[/quote]

[/quote]

I was at Palace also and in his slight defence it was a very windy day! Remember hearing of parts of stands coming down across the country.[/quote]

Thats the one, we took 8000 (?) down I believe, and as per usual at Selhurst Park we got miserably beaten. And yes in fairness it was very windy..

As for the young winger.. James Henry?
[/quote]

Yeh James Henry was the one!!

Ian Henderson at home to Bradford in 2004 was a shocker.  Constantly barracked by the crowd that day until he was subbed at half-time.  According to Iwan''s book he was almost in tears after that.

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]

[quote user="james norwich"]2. Drazen Muzinic v Rotherham away. Lost 4-1n and their tricky winger (Tynan i think) ran him into the ground. And we were 1-0 up after 15 minutes (Greg Shephard) [/quote]

I have to take exception to this...

...I was far worse against Middlesbrough the season before - we lost 6-1 including an OG from Clive Woods and a brace from the mighty Bosko Jancovic.

Against The Merry Millers I was in the number 3 shirt against a very skilful Tony Towner and even big Ronnie Moore scored that day.

It all turned out OK in the end - City went back up and I was long gone by the end of the season!

"Taxi for Scamps please..."

I was at both those games and it was a close call. The Middlesbrough game was when Hansbury slapped someone (Goble?) around the side of the head when he let a corner slip past him for one of the goals.

[/quote]

[quote user="canary cherub "]

Damien Francis at Craven Cottage - "step this way Mr Malbranque" "after you Mr McBride" [:@]

[/quote][Y]