Solomon Taiwo

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to:navigation, search

Solomon Taiwo
Solomon Taiwo.jpg
Solomon Taiwo playing for Cardiff City.
Personal information
Full nameSolomon Oladiran Taiwo[1]
Date of birth29 April 1985 (1985-04-29) (age 25)
Place of birthLagos, Nigeria
Height6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)
Playing positionMidfielder
Club information
Current clubCardiff City
Number18
Senior career*
YearsTeamApps(Gls)
2002Millwall00(0)
2004Bromley20(7)
2004Maidenhead United08(0)
2005Fort Wayne Fever0?(?)
2005Tooting & Mitcham United07(2)
2005Weymouth02(0)
2005Chesham United04(0)
2005Windsor & Eton08(2)
2006Bromley02(0)
2007Sutton United12(0)
2007–2008Dagenham & Redbridge (loan)10(0)
2008–2009Dagenham & Redbridge44(4)
2009–Cardiff City08(0)
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 17:27, 8 May 2010 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).

Solomon Oladiran Taiwo (born 29 April 1985) is a Nigerian born English footballer currently playing for Football League Championship side Norwich City.

Contents

[hide]

Haha. [Y]

Well i''ve heard of him from Fifa. He''s a Nigerian Left back, I think. [:S] Thought he played for Marsielle or something though.

[quote user="Brendo "]

Haha. [Y]

Well i''ve heard of him from Fifa. He''s a Nigerian Left back, I think. [:S] Thought he played for Marsielle or something though.

[/quote]thats a different taiwo, and before you get excited its not the chelsea Defensive midfielder either.

Whoops. [:$]

His wikipedia page reckons he plays for us and is a midfielder. Doesn''t look that great...

Suppose we can''t judge. Look at players like Theo, anything can happen.

Must have been his brother I was thinking of. [;)]

Certainly is, the other one is pretty damn awesome. [Y]

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taye_Taiwo[/url]

Also, according to wikipedia... he now plays for Wiz''s Allstars... which of you is having fun on wiki today then ;)

I trust Lambert to pick players with potential, and whatever Cardiff fans might say about him, Taiwo has to be better than OTJ & Gill or we wouldn''t be bothering.

[quote user="Brendo "]

Haha. [Y]

[/quote]

That''s Taye Taiwo, different one [;)]

This would be a really underwhelming signing. Cardiff apparently prefered to play people out of position in midfield than him. Dave Jones isn''t a mug as a manager and tends to have pretty good judgement. He ain''t nearly good enough for Cardiff and they are the standard we are aspiring to reach. So I really hope he isn''t coming.

Good example there of jumping to conclusions from GTFABM. Not even signed yet, and he''s being criticised already.

Let''s wait and see what he''s like if he signs.

Looks like this could be concluded tomorrow...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6184494,00.html?

Good luck to the lad if he signs. Lambert clearly likes him having tried to bring him to Colchester and now us.

I know, i know...but i can''t get excited about this fella... i''ve read the reports and articles, i just don''t get it, he is called an ''ace'' in the Sky sports report, but WHY? How is he proven?

We heard (indirectly) from  the Doctor who carried out the Cardiff players medical today.  He had said he was at Colney to do the medical on a Cardiff player.  I was rwally surprised as I hadn''t seen any speculation on this, and thought it probably wasn''t true, only to find that it was when I have just come on here.The same doctor also carried out two other medicals on players today, so presumably they will not be our own players!  I am assuming there may be two more announcements very soon. Will be interesting to see.

He dosn''t look the best and most high profile signing in the world but we didn''t think that about Oli Johnson or Cody Mcdonald did we?

I remember when Clingan signed from Forest, we were all saying that he can''t be that good if Forest don''t want him and its not someone who we need to challenge for a high finish but he turned out to be our best player all be it in a relegated team.

This is Lamberts first summer here and we need to trust him in what he does because at the end of the day he has been great so far.  So don''t knock the lad before you havn''t even seen him play.