Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Current starting eleven

I know is a complete waste of time at the moment but sod it i''m bored so I would pick:

Rudd

Spillane Whitbread Ward Drury

Smith Russell Crofts Hoolahan

Martin Holt

Not bad but still definitely lacking pace/variety in the midield. Having said that i haven''t seen Crofts play so have no real idea what sort of player he is!

No starting 11 will be sorted here and now, by the looks of our summer signings & potential signings the diamond will be used again when possible, Taiwo looks to be like-for-like cover for Russell.Smith hasn''t come here to warm the bench, he could have gone to any number clubs and been first choice, Drury will have a job on, keeping the left back berth come August.Why would Crofts walk straight into the starting line up ahead of say Hughes or Lappin?Spillane looked to be 2nd choice behind R.Martin last season, why wouldn''t he be come August?

No point playing Wes in the left midfield role, doesn''t have an affect on the game at all, much better as an attacking midfield.The problem with that team is the lack of pace both upfront and in midfield. Holt and Martin both very slow, i''d like to see a RM and LM brought in, the likes of Adomah, Green or Philips from Wycombe.Agree with the defence, although hard to say whether Drury will be ahead of Steven Smith. I agree Spillane should be ahead of Martin, as he''s both both defensively and going forward.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]No starting 11 will be sorted here and now, by the looks of our summer signings & potential signings the diamond will be used again when possible, Taiwo looks to be like-for-like cover for Russell.

Smith hasn''t come here to warm the bench, he could have gone to any number clubs and been first choice, Drury will have a job on, keeping the left back berth come August.
Why would Crofts walk straight into the starting line up ahead of say Hughes or Lappin?
Spillane looked to be 2nd choice behind R.Martin last season, why wouldn''t he be come August?

[/quote]

Re Crofts I just think he''s been brought in to play as opposed to as cover. Fair point re Hughes but I would certainly expect Crofts to get in ahead of Lappin because in my view Lappin is not very good and I would be very worried if he starts regularly this season.

I agree re smith/Drury. Tough one to call until i''ve seen Smith play and can form a view as to what he''s like.

The thing we definitely lack at the moment is pace!

[quote user="Jim Smith"] 

Re Crofts I just think he''s been brought in to play as opposed to as cover. Fair point re Hughes but I would certainly expect Crofts to get in ahead of Lappin because in my view Lappin is not very good and I would be very worried if he starts regularly this season.

I agree re smith/Drury. Tough one to call until i''ve seen Smith play and can form a view as to what he''s like.

The thing we definitely lack at the moment is pace!

[/quote]Crofts isnt left sided

Where did I say Crofts is left sided? You said why would I put him in ahead of Lappin and I have said because I think Lappin is sh*t.

Its not the team I think will start next season (for example I think Forster will be in goal) I was simply posting the team i would pick now out of the players available to us. If you disagree then fine - its all about opinions!

Super FFDrury Ward Whitbread Spillane                  Rusty McNamee         Smith                 Hoola      Holt           Martin

Feels SO good not to include Doherty [:D]

Me, I''d go for;

Forster

S. Smith Askou Whitbread Spillane/Ward?

Crofts

Hughes/??? K. Smith

Hoolahoop

Holt Martin

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Where did I say Crofts is left sided? You said why would I put him in ahead of Lappin and I have said because I think Lappin is sh*t.

Its not the team I think will start next season (for example I think Forster will be in goal) I was simply posting the team i would pick now out of the players available to us. If you disagree then fine - its all about opinions!

[/quote]My mistake, you want to put Hoolahan on the left rather than centrally.

?????????? Ward Askou Smith              Crofts    Smith                ?????            Hoolahan      Martin       Holt 

FF

S.smith    whitbread       Ward      spillane

Crofts       Russel        Smith

Hoolahan

Holt                  Martin