Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Press conference, 12.30pm

What a load of bollocks, 12th Devine. A player is not judged by the number of teams that want him - he is judged as and when he pulls on the yellow and green jersey and starts playing for us.

And as for an indicator of a poor budget, again, 100% bollocks. We do not know what sort of budget is at Lambert''s disposal. What we do know is that Taiwo is costing us a transfer fee. If our budget was that limited, we''d be looking at freebies, wouldn''t we?

To be fair in my modest opinion he cant be any worst than dickson he was a severly over rated player and we did well to get 2 mill for him , also he was  by far the worst player on the pitch in the cup final . 150k worth a punt !!!

I agree that we should wait and see if Taiwo is signed. A lot was said about Etuhu when he signed and he''s doing all right in the Prem now. Taiwo certianly offers something we haven''t had since Etuhu - a big, strong midfielder with pace. I would guess that Lambert wants that sort of option when he needs it.

Good. A bit of a risk with his injury record, but a capable left back with good experience at good levels. With him and Drury competing for a place as left back, the defence is shaping up nicely.

Well, that serves me right.

Good signing though, really liking the personnel Lambert is bringing in.

12th Devine: As Smith has signed on a free with no other club publicly expressing an interest, does this mean he''s a poor signing which shows our lack of budget?

Apparently Rangers did try to retain him, but he rejected their offer. Fans also speak highly of him, in that if it hadn''t of been for injury he could very well of been as good as Alan Hutton.Can''t be that ''awful'' then.