Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Press conference, 12.30pm

I wonder if this means goodbye to Russel, and maybe Gill? We have about 45 midfielders now lol.

I''m going to take a wild stab and say it''ll be the world''s worst kept secret, Solomon Taiwo

For the sake of revitalising my own anticipation, these are the most likely potential candidates that could be signing, given the strength of rumours behind them :Fraser ForsterNile RangerSteven SmithSolomon TaiwoThere''s obviously a ''stand out'' candidate amongst them, but these have been the 4 most heavily linked players in the last week or so.It has been said that we are due to sign 3 players this week though? Is there any chance that there could be more than one player involved in this Pete?

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]Pete is it just one player or is there the possibility of a couple more?[/quote]

We won''t find out until we get there and the signing/s walk through the door unfortunately.

Heavy rumour that the reason we haven''t re-signed Forster yet is that the possibility arose of us actually buying him in a permanent deal, which is the reason for the delay.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Heavy rumour that the reason we haven''t re-signed Forster yet is that the possibility arose of us actually buying him in a permanent deal, which is the reason for the delay.[/quote]Really?Now that is interesting, if theres any truth in it.

[quote user="bristol_canary"]could be both?[/quote]True. I trust Lambert and so any signing is good news to me. [:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Heavy rumour that the reason we haven''t re-signed Forster yet is that the possibility arose of us actually buying him in a permanent deal, which is the reason for the delay.[/quote]Really?Now that is interesting, if theres any truth in it.[/quote]It''s an "interesting" rumour regardless Morty.

[quote user="Big Bad John at the top of League One"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Heavy rumour that the reason we haven''t re-signed Forster yet is that the possibility arose of us actually buying him in a permanent deal, which is the reason for the delay.[/quote]Really?Now that is interesting, if theres any truth in it.[/quote]It''s an "interesting" rumour regardless Morty.[/quote]It certainly is, and would be showing long term ambition in a far greater amount than I had previously expected. Anyhoo, I try not to get excited about such things as about 99.43% of them turn out to be crap lol.

If??, Russell re-signs, this signing of Taiwo is surely a sign that we will continue with the midfield diamond next season?, otherwise there''ll be a fair few kicking their heels on a Saturday!

I''ve just spoken to a mate who covers the away games for Cardiff''s official site and if this is Taiwo signing he said he''s a "poor mans Etuhu" and "plenty of need to worry. Poor player, just not good enough for Champ" apparently only bought because he played well for Daggers against them.

Not filling me with optimism, so hopefully it''s Fraser. This isn''t me slating him before he even joins, just passing on what I''ve been told. Hopefully he''ll do a job for us, eh?

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="bristol_canary"]could be both?[/quote]True. I trust Lambert and so any signing is good news to me. [:)][/quote]Even if we signed Alan Brazil?

I know a number of people on here are trying to be positive about it, and you get slagged off for any criticism of our undoubtedly good manager, but if this Taiwo signing is about to happen, as looks very likely, it is surely a sign of a very dismal budget for signings this summer. Ultimately the only players we should want are those in demand elsewhere or wanted by their clubs - anyone heard of a queue for Mr Taiwo?

[quote user="The 12th Devine"]I know a number of people on here are trying to be positive about it, and you get slagged off for any criticism of our undoubtedly good manager, but if this Taiwo signing is about to happen, as looks very likely, it is surely a sign of a very dismal budget for signings this summer. Ultimately the only players we should want are those in demand elsewhere or wanted by their clubs - anyone heard of a queue for Mr Taiwo?[/quote]Prior to his move to Cardiff there certainly was.

[quote user="The 12th Devine"]I know a number of people on here are trying to be positive about it, and you get slagged off for any criticism of our undoubtedly good manager, but if this Taiwo signing is about to happen, as looks very likely, it is surely a sign of a very dismal budget for signings this summer. Ultimately the only players we should want are those in demand elsewhere or wanted by their clubs - anyone heard of a queue for Mr Taiwo?[/quote]

Why do we have to go for people in demand, maybe Lambert believes he can get the best out of some players?

It would also mean we are paying a huge amount of money if we''re alll going after the same players''

according to the pink un front page this morningThe Canaries were today believed to be close to completing their third

signing of the summer in Cardiff City''s Solomon Taiwo. The 25-year-old

Nigerian-born midfielder was reported to be heading for Norwich to

undergo a medical before sealing his movedo anyone think its done that quickly?