Sign in to follow this  
chrisr1606

Scum squad comparison

[quote user="First Jedi"]"Like I''ve said, there are no excuses for the start we made to the season. It can be said that it was somewhat of a transitional period in terms of new signings and a change of playing style/attitude, but there is no way we should have been scrapping around the foot of the table for that long. Keane knows he''s got to get it right this summer and has said it''s the most important period of his managerial career to date."

Honestly, I reckon Keane''ll be gone after 10 games next season, after you make another poor start. Lambert should have had a "transitional period" with us this season, the previous manager having bought 12 new players and not really having much chance to buy any himself - eventually he brought in 5 or so. He did alright with those 17 new signings and a "change of playing style/attitude" during a "transitional season"... long may it continue!

I think that the Norwich faithful will have a lot of patience with Lambert, if indeed we are low in the table at the start...[/quote]Only time will tell - there have been a number of examples where managers have enjoyed success, been labelled the messiah and the team has flopped the next season. Billy Davies at Derby, Tony Mowbray at West Brom etc... Football is sadly a fickle game now, I would be surprised if there weren''t murmurings of discontent put it that way.

They''ll always be whingers (esp. on this board - they''re just pretty quiet at the mo) - and those with polarised views are always the loudest... they don''t reflect the majority of opinion.

I remember a certain standing ovation when we were 2-nil down to you (scum!) and 5-points clear of the bottom of the league (or something like that) - which in turn inspired a 2 goal come back. Proves we can still get behind the team, even when the chips are down...

I''m looking forward to next season, anyway. Gonna be awesome! :)

I think how we won the league last season could be quite important.  It proves the point nothing is won until May so there''s no need to start looking at league positions until around Easter time.  If we did have a slow first few months back while we''re getting use to this league then hopefully there won''t be the usual panic that there would normally be.  Say we lose our first game 5-0, how many people would just now have a joke and say well we lost 7-1 last season and still won the league so this year will be easy.

[quote user="portmanking"][quote user="First Jedi"]"Like I''ve said, there are no excuses for the start we made to the season. It can be said that it was somewhat of a transitional period in terms of new signings and a change of playing style/attitude, but there is no way we should have been scrapping around the foot of the table for that long. Keane knows he''s got to get it right this summer and has said it''s the most important period of his managerial career to date."

Honestly, I reckon Keane''ll be gone after 10 games next season, after you make another poor start. Lambert should have had a "transitional period" with us this season, the previous manager having bought 12 new players and not really having much chance to buy any himself - eventually he brought in 5 or so. He did alright with those 17 new signings and a "change of playing style/attitude" during a "transitional season"... long may it continue!

I think that the Norwich faithful will have a lot of patience with Lambert, if indeed we are low in the table at the start...[/quote]Only time will tell - there have been a number of examples where managers have enjoyed success, been labelled the messiah and the team has flopped the next season. Billy Davies at Derby, Tony Mowbray at West Brom etc... Football is sadly a fickle game now, I would be surprised if there weren''t murmurings of discontent put it that way.[/quote]

Tony Mowbray left for Celtic, so hardly a good example.

I do get what you mean though, Lambo could get sacked at the end of the year after getting us relegated...

[quote user="NCFC91"]

[quote user="portmanking"][quote user="First Jedi"]"I do think you are putting Lambert on a worryingly high pedestal" I''m inclined to agree. But Lambert has done nothing to shake my confidence in him. And, for the first time since seemly forever, I''ve a manager I''ve 100% confidence in... and I''m enjoying the implications of that. Sorry, if you can''t remember what''s that is like... "what if he isn''t the difference between Norwich being in a relegation battle and playoff challengers? What would your opinion be if you hovered above the drop zone all season? He would be as good as Keane going by your measurements." Yep he would be... and if he sprouts wings and flies over Carrow Road, I''ll be convinced he''s really is the messiah... have you got a point? :)[/quote]Well funnily enough many of us do have faith in Keane as we have seen a change in attitude in the squad and club as a whole since the turn of the year. Have I got a point? Well yes I believe I do as there is more chance of you being in a relegation battle than being playoff challengers IMO. I would be interested to see how people react to Lambert if City are in the bottom six by October/November...[/quote]

We''ve come up from League 1, October is 2/3 months into the season, its a distinct possibility, now f*ck off...

[/quote]I say, play the game old chap, you''re making the binner look civilised! [:)]

Looking at Ippy''s squad, minues one or two players, I honestly think we''ve a much more stronger and talented selection as things stand at present. Trying to be as unbiased as possible, I don''t think they''ll pose much of a threat next season without a change in manager or a decent influx of players.

Keane has the makings of a good manager, but if he doesn''t deliver soon the players just won''t want to play for him at all. The players on the books currently have hardly set the world alight at previous clubs. One could actually argue the same of some of the Norwich lads though.