Sign in to follow this  
ZLF

Super Leon

I have been critical of Leon for his lack of first touch (still lacking on sat) but feel he deserves a fuller appreciation for his performance on saturday.

He effott was superb and his harrying of Kenton led to many moments and chances for the city team out of nothing - with our first goal being a prime example.

So nearly a MOM performance in my eyes and would probably have got that had he scored.

Well done Leon.

OTBC

Agreed Zipper, although I was disappointed about midway through the second half when he found himself unmarked on the left of the Saints penalty area, he squared the ball and it got cleared lamely rather than blasting it at the goal which I thought showed a lack of confidence in goalscoring belief. But for being a sheer pain in the posterior and defending all the way up the pitch he was just first rate.

Great effort and purpose all afternoon, and an inch perfect pass to Francis for our first.  I''ll bet Kenton was glad when Riley blew the final whistle so he could stop and draw breath for a moment.  Ha! Ha!

Other than the set up for Francis goal, best Leon moment had to be the boxers pose after shoulder charging Kenton in the City Stand/River end corner!

Only saw it on telly that evening (I sit at other end of the pitch) but it must have been the final nail in the depression of Kenton''s coffin!

[quote]Other than the set up for Francis goal, best Leon moment had to be the boxers pose after shoulder charging Kenton in the City Stand/River end corner! Only saw it on telly that evening (I sit at other...[/quote]

Yeah that boxers pose was great!

Quote : although I was disappointed about midway through the second half when he found himself unmarked on the left of the Saints penalty area, he squared the ball and it got cleared lamely rather than blasting it at the goal which I thought showed a lack of confidence in goalscoring belief. Yes Tumbleweed, I know the exact moment you mean. I sit down that end and he was so near the goal too!!!