Sign in to follow this  
James Kent

Message for Mr Cowling

The way you have to look at it is,

When you want a player from another club who is under contract, you have to pay a transfer fee.

therefore we bought Lambert, Karsa and culverhouse from Colchester for a combined fee of 425K, which, in my eyes is an absolute bargain.

As for Cowling wanting Norwich to be reprimanded with fines and points deduction, the only punishment we received was a 75K fine. Which if Norwich are prompt in paying may be enough to relay that paddy field they call a home by the start of next season.

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="cufcone"]

[quote user="singing canary"]what gets me is that Lambert handed in his notice anyway . if someone offered me a job better than the one i had , i would take it . who wouldn''t..? i don''t think we have heard the last of him to be honest , cowbells is not the type of person to move on[/quote]

He was contracted to us so he couldn''t just walk out and join another team 12 hours later.

[/quote]

I think most people should realise by now that contracts in football mean very little. If a player doesn''t want to play for you or a Manager no longer wants to manage for you, it is basically the end of the story. Fabregas signed a new, improved contract for 5 years last season. Hands up all those who think he will still be at Arsenal in 2014.

[/quote]

In actual fact contracts mean alot in football as they stop players and managers walking from one club to another whenever they feel like it,if Fabregas didn''t have one he could just walk out of Arsenal and go straight to Barcelona without a fee. Yes he will get what he wants in the end but Arsenal will get a decent fee because he is contracted to them at the present. Try to imagine what football would be like without contracts and players and managers had the freedom of changing clubs like we can change jobs,it would be mayhem. At the end of the day Norwich and Lambert done wrong as has been proved by the football league but it is nothing major,it has happened before and no doubt it will happen again....

[quote user="cufcone"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="cufcone"]

[quote user="singing canary"]what gets me is that Lambert handed in his notice anyway . if someone offered me a job better than the one i had , i would take it . who wouldn''t..? i don''t think we have heard the last of him to be honest , cowbells is not the type of person to move on[/quote]

He was contracted to us so he couldn''t just walk out and join another team 12 hours later.

[/quote]

I think most people should realise by now that contracts in football mean very little. If a player doesn''t want to play for you or a Manager no longer wants to manage for you, it is basically the end of the story. Fabregas signed a new, improved contract for 5 years last season. Hands up all those who think he will still be at Arsenal in 2014.

[/quote]

In actual fact contracts mean alot in football as they stop players and managers walking from one club to another whenever they feel like it,if Fabregas didn''t have one he could just walk out of Arsenal and go straight to Barcelona without a fee. Yes he will get what he wants in the end but Arsenal will get a decent fee because he is contracted to them at the present. Try to imagine what football would be like without contracts and players and managers had the freedom of changing clubs like we can change jobs,it would be mayhem. At the end of the day Norwich and Lambert done wrong as has been proved by the football league but it is nothing major,it has happened before and no doubt it will happen again....

[/quote]Do you think that Mr Cowling should just leave it and move on?

[quote user="cufcone"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="cufcone"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Spot on[Y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="cufcone"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="cufcone"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you think that Mr Cowling should just leave it and move on?
[/quote]

Yes he should. To be honest we have got more money than most of us thought we would get so we should be happy with what we got and use the money to strengthen the squad. This talk of wanting a million for Lambert is ridiculous and points being deducted would never have happened....

The following article suggests that Mr Cowling''s ''pique'' may lead to this matter not being resolved for some time.

Cowling`s Defiance Set To Continue

A club statement from Chirman and owner Robbie

Cowling indicates that Colchester United are considering appealing for

heavier sanctions against Norwich City despite receiving compensation.He

insists tonight in an official announcement that his continuing

disclosure of nine-month-long events is aimed at allowing supporters the

right to judge for themselves which parties in the long-running saga

over former manager Paul Lambert`s apparent have acted properly - or

not.It seems, however, the settlement of £425,000 and offer on

an olive branch from Norwich may not be enough to mend Cowling`s wounded

professional pride. He is still intent upon impressing to the Football

League Disciplinary Committee that Norwich suffer some kind of points

deduction. His obvious passion-play as regards the issue is

starting to divide Colchester supports, as well as obviously opposing

City ones, especially since the bullish stance is in danger of becoming

irrelevant, while the club elsewhere looks forward past even the

relatively short tenure of Lambert`s successor.He was succeeded

by now Coventry City manager Aidy Boothroyd, who himself left at the end

of the season.Cowling, speaking as part of the statement, said:

"Having read the statement on the Norwich web site, it is my opinion

that Norwich City are currently abusing the confidentiality of the

findings to maintain a version of events that is far removed from the

true events
. "However, rather than give you my version,

about which Norwich City would undoubtedly make similar claims, I invite

Alan Bowkett to join me in requesting from the FDC a full public

disclosure of the their findings. That way both sets of fans can read

an impartial version of the true events and decide for themselves who

has or hasn''t acted in the appropriate manner
."

Read more: http://www.colchester.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=200568#ixzz0pgcxRHGy

Will he ever shut up?!

Yesterday, he said he was happy with the conpensation. Today, he wants us to have deductions. Surely the FA should take this into account and give us a smaller fine? He obviously doesn''t know what he wants, and if we were trying to negotiate a proper deal to sort out compo he must have been a nightmare.

Its quite funny reading Chris Lakey''s piece on the Pinkun, reading between the lines you can tell he thinks this is as pathetic as we all do, and that he''s having to hold back a little!

All Cowling is doing is undermining the new manager (as he did Boothroyd) by showing how much he rated Lambert. He''s a sad little man who needs to move on, unfortunately he''ll go on & on & on....

Never disliked Col Utd or indeed had any really feelings about them before but now I hope the go bust / get relegated / merge with Southend unless of course they come to their senses & ditch the Essex wideboy! 

I know there will be plenty of threads about this man. He seems obsessed with us, and Paul Lambert. He has urged our chairman to release all the details of the verdict. Why can''t he just drop it??

He has a new manager now, why can''t he just back him, instead of spend his time talking about Norwich and how we nicked Paul Lambert?!

I''m sure the Colchester fans are sick of it now. They''ve had two managers since Lambert. Get over it mate.

They only place that this is not over is in the mind of the pathetic little Essex wideboy.... It''s been to arbitration, it''s done & dusted. We offered to resume cordial relations, Cowling has refused. His loss.........

2 managers since Lambert says enough to me of what type of character he is .

if he wants to make himself look more stupid than he does now ..let him .

he is kicking off about something that happens in football every day .

i hope Colchester get relegated next season and go into administration .

[quote user="singing canary"]2 managers since Lambert says enough to me of what type of character he is . if he wants to make himself look more stupid than he does now ..let him . he is kicking off about something that happens in football every day . i hope Colchester get relegated next season and go into administration .[/quote]

And then he will try to say that the pivotal point of the clubs demise was when Norwich took Lambert and co from the club. He will then request that Norwich should be deducted 100 points and pay all of Colchesters debts.

If Colchester have a bad season, I honestly believe the fans will start a Cowling out campaign.

I don''t think anyone at the club will necessarily mind the fine too much as it was well worth it. I like how we got Lambert. Mcnally had one name on his list of managers he wanted, and went and got him. Almost like a thief in the night he brought PL to Norwich.

If Doncaster and Munby were still at the helm they would have interviewed candidates again and again. Just think of some of the names that were interviewed in the past - Martin Allen, Peter Reid, Aidy Boothroyd.

I''m glad we now have strong leadership. I''m happy to take the odd fine if it means we get in the people we want. Big praise to David McNally for getting some backbone put back into this club.

What i can''t understand is that Cowling is a multimillionaire business man and must have more money than most of us could ever dream of .The flash cars, the women,the holiday villas in Marbella,the big house, the champagne,owner of his own football team (albeit a pub one)etc .His life must be great ....The last thing on his mind right now  should be little old Norwich

Actually, surely it says more if Norwich City FC, Norwich fans etc don''t even mention him or Colchester anymore. We don''t play them next season, the hearing and results have been taken place and published.

Let''s move on. It says so much more. He''s a petty chairman of a pub team. We are better than that in ever way possible.

I''ve just posted a blog on this exact subjecton the blogs page, Brighter Shade Of Yellow. Click below if you want a read. I think we could have come out of this much worse than we did if Cowling had gone about it the right way, as it is no-one outside of their place actually cares.

Yep totally agree and that was the point of my original thread. Can we all just move on now.

Norwich, Colchester and Cowling should all move on.

[quote user="cufcone"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cufcone"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="cufcone"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you think that Mr Cowling should just leave it and move on?
[/quote]

Yes he should. To be honest we have got more money than most of us thought we would get so we should be happy with what we got and use the money to strengthen the squad. This talk of wanting a million for Lambert is ridiculous and points being deducted would never have happened....

[/quote]

You guys should get in touch with Cowling as supporters and say leave it this is a football club, please concentrate on football. As a Norwich supporter I speak from personal experience. Our problems started with drifting from one bad managerial appointment to another, the board to interested in themselves to get things on the football pitch right. If you are not careful you will finish up on the same slippery slope. We have rebuilt our club, simply by concentrating only on football matters, distractions like this take your finger of the pulse concentrateing on trying to bring us down rather than concentrateing on getting your team and manager right for yourselves is not healthy for the overall well being of your club. The first part of the destruction of your season was Cowling making one game so big taking his eye of the overall picture.

[quote user="colu_mike"]You only offered 160k, so Cowling has won by getting 25k more than he was asking for. You''ve ended up with quite a hefty bill (425k compensation + 75k fine +150k legal fees). No doubt it will hurt Lambo''s transfer kitty, despite the usual spin from McNally and Bowkett. Thanks for paying for our QC btw, nice touch. Before you gloat about 4 million or whatever, we all know the arrears for the interest on servicing your 30 million pound debts will swallow the bulk of that money up. I hope Cowling appeals allowing common sense to prevail and you start next season on -10 points.[/quote]

You''re so last season.

[quote user="Bobert"]Should not someone say "Sorry fans and shareholders" but by not reading the rule book (or getting advice from those who do) "I have cost Norwich F C half a million pounds."[/quote]

Err no the rule breaking cost £75,000. The compensation figure would have been the same if we had stuck to the rules.

[quote user="colu_mike"]You only offered 160k, so Cowling has won by getting 25k more than he was asking for. You''ve ended up with quite a hefty bill (425k compensation + 75k fine +150k legal fees). No doubt it will hurt Lambo''s transfer kitty, despite the usual spin from McNally and Bowkett. Thanks for paying for our QC btw, nice touch. Before you gloat about 4 million or whatever, we all know the arrears for the interest on servicing your 30 million pound debts will swallow the bulk of that money up. I hope Cowling appeals allowing common sense to prevail and you start next season on -10 points.[/quote]And even that won''t stop us..........who''s looking bitter and twisted to the football world now then?

[quote user="colu_mike"]When the Binners sole Burley off us they strung us along for 4 years until we got compensation. What an epic failure that you only managed to stall for 9 months! The full details of your rule breaking is going to be sent to the other 70 FL clubs. It''ll make interesting reading for those chairmen and will make everyone a lot less likely to do business with you lot.[/quote]

Which is why we have already signed a new chief scout from Rangers, signed Andrew Crofts from Gillingham, Elliot Ward and Steven Smith on frees and look like we are going to sign Soloman Taiwo from Cardiff. Really looks like no wants to touch us Mike. You are spot on. Go back to those 606 boards on the BBC where everyone is ridiculing you/

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="colu_mike"]You only offered 160k, so Cowling has won by getting 25k more than he was asking for. You''ve ended up with quite a hefty bill (425k compensation + 75k fine +150k legal fees). No doubt it will hurt Lambo''s transfer kitty, despite the usual spin from McNally and Bowkett. Thanks for paying for our QC btw, nice touch. Before you gloat about 4 million or whatever, we all know the arrears for the interest on servicing your 30 million pound debts will swallow the bulk of that money up. I hope Cowling appeals allowing common sense to prevail and you start next season on -10 points.[/quote]And even that won''t stop us..........who''s looking bitter and twisted to the football world now then?[/quote]

Arrears on the interest? Really? Care to show me an article where it states we are in arrears?

If I were in charge at ColWho, I would be looking at spending the £425K on sorting that excuse for a pitch out!

Thanks KC_Canary. I missed that one..... but still £75,000 presumably need not have been spent and at at my very top that would have been 3 years salary. Money seems to be thrown away all to easily these days and not in my direction I might add!!

I assume it''s also our fault for the state of their ''pitch''....and that we have to pay for grass seed and a new sit-on lawnmower.

The guy Cowling is a prize chump.....

He''s got his candy bar, now he wants the full Choccy factory.....The silly Willy Wonka.