Sign in to follow this  
James Kent

Message for Mr Cowling

I''m sure someone else has mentioned this, but I can''t see an obvious thread.

Anyway Cowling is going to continue to try and impose a points deduction on Norwich. He feels further sanctions are needed and wants a full disclosure of the findings.

Really I don''t care. I''m glad the whole thing is over and we all know a points deduction was never going to happen. Norwich have accepted the decision and Colchester should do the same. To me this whole thing stinks of jealousy of us playing championship football next season. So Cowling please shut up and lets all move on.

Anyway here is the link: http://www.colchester.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=200568

We gave him his message at their place in January.I won''t post the words to the song we sang for him, but they''re as true now as they were then.

Someone at the FL really should have a quiet word with this twonk. The compensation and the fine should be two separate things: he''s had his bit, ie the £425k, and seems happy with it (as should we be imo), there''s where it should rest.

IMO the fine element is, or should be, nothing at all to do with Col Who. They''ve reported us but it is the League''s set of rules and it is for them to determine the level of a fine for a breach. Not some random (and completely ott) club Chairman. The League should tell him in no uncertain terms where to get off.

You only offered 160k, so Cowling has won by getting 25k more than he was asking for. You''ve ended up with quite a hefty bill (425k compensation + 75k fine +150k legal fees). No doubt it will hurt Lambo''s transfer kitty, despite the usual spin from McNally and Bowkett. Thanks for paying for our QC btw, nice touch.

Before you gloat about 4 million or whatever, we all know the arrears for the interest on servicing your 30 million pound debts will swallow the bulk of that money up.

I hope Cowling appeals allowing common sense to prevail and you start next season on -10 points.

[quote user="colu_mike"]You only offered 160k, so Cowling has won by getting 25k more than he was asking for. You''ve ended up with quite a hefty bill (425k compensation + 75k fine +150k legal fees). No doubt it will hurt Lambo''s transfer kitty, despite the usual spin from McNally and Bowkett. Thanks for paying for our QC btw, nice touch.

Before you gloat about 4 million or whatever, we all know the arrears for the interest on servicing your 30 million pound debts will swallow the bulk of that money up.

I hope Cowling appeals allowing common sense to prevail and you start next season on -10 points.[/quote]Whats that i see?Oh thats it jealousy have fun playing Dagenham & redbridge & Bournemouth next season [Y]

I''m looking forwards to playing the Daggers, a fantastic club, in the same league for the first time since 1992.

When the Binners sole Burley off us they strung us along for 4 years until we got compensation. What an epic failure that you only managed to stall for 9 months!

The full details of your rule breaking is going to be sent to the other 70 FL clubs. It''ll make interesting reading for those chairmen and will make everyone a lot less likely to do business with you lot.

[quote user="colu_mike"]The full details of your rule breaking is going to be sent to the other 70 FL clubs. It''ll make interesting reading for those chairmen and will make everyone a lot less likely to do business with you lot.[/quote]You mean.....You mean.....You mean.....We''re not nice lil ole Norwich anymore?

WAAAAAAHHH!!![:''(][:''(][:''(]

How do you know what Norwich offered, Mike?

Are you in full support of RC''s stance?

Why did CU drop out of the top six?

Do you know what a pyrrhic victory is and if so, if you are honest, is that what RC got in the end?

[quote user="colu_mike"]When the Binners sole Burley off us they strung us along for 4 years until we got compensation. What an epic failure that you only managed to stall for 9 months!

The full details of your rule breaking is going to be sent to the other 70 FL clubs. It''ll make interesting reading for those chairmen and will make everyone a lot less likely to do business with you lot.[/quote]Ah your little club isnt even in our league so go back to harrssing Southend fans or whoever your pub team rival is..

[quote user="colu_mike"]When the Binners sole Burley off us they strung us along for 4 years until we got compensation. What an epic failure that you only managed to stall for 9 months!

The full details of your rule breaking is going to be sent to the other 70 FL clubs. It''ll make interesting reading for those chairmen and will make everyone a lot less likely to do business with you lot.[/quote]Actually it was nice to find out how much Lambert cost us. Half a million a bargain, cheers RC!

Oh Mike jealous much. I''m so glad our great club is going onwards and upwards.

By the way enjoy League one your be there a while. I think there is a fair bet we will be in the Premiership long before you make it to the Championship.

As for your comments about not being nice, well the big four/five clubs aren''t nice but there are successful. I will take the success and throw away being nice.

The bottom line is this club is going places so who cares if we are nice or not.

Should not someone say "Sorry fans and shareholders" but by not reading the rule book (or getting advice from those who do) "I have cost Norwich F C half a million pounds."

another message for him would be that he is a stupid ''c0ck''er spaniel and that the stupid man need to get a life

I think what people are saying, Bobert, is that for too long we''ve been nice little Norwich who always did play by the rules. And now we''ve played hard ball to get our man. The club accepts we''ve stepped beyond rule 20, whatever that is, but wasn''t it worth paying the price to get our man?

Imagine if we''d been ever so nice and failed to get our man? How would our season and the future pan out?

You have to break eggs in order to make an omelette.

this guy need a reality check .

we have had our punishment ,i think 500k is a large amount considering they let us approach him.

does this plonker ever wonder why his managers cant wait to get away from him .

Worth every single penny. While it''s a shame it went on for so long, I''m glad it''s over, we know how much we had to pay and as I''ve said before, we''d have paid that for a striker to get us out of the league so why not a manager?

[quote user="colu_mike"]You only offered 160k, so Cowling has won by getting 25k more than he was asking for. You''ve ended up with quite a hefty bill (425k compensation + 75k fine +150k legal fees). No doubt it will hurt Lambo''s transfer kitty, despite the usual spin from McNally and Bowkett. Thanks for paying for our QC btw, nice touch.

I hope Cowling appeals allowing common sense to prevail and you start next season on -10 points.[/quote]That''s funny, we''ve had no spin from them whatsoever.As for your tinpot club, there will not be a points deduction, and before you think we''ll have reduced business because of all this, just remember no one really cares apart from Cowling, who looks like a massive wining cunt anyway, and most clubs will see that before a small breach of rules.Lots of clubs are guilty of it and don''t have reduced business, it doesn''t effect the buying and selling of players.Now, go enjoy your nice, new, empty stadium in your piss poor league and by us getting Lambert, i think you''ve lost your chance to get anywhere near the Championship for a long long while. (Especially with that dick you call a Chairman in charge).[:D]

Cowling is like a small child that''s had its lollipop taken away by a nasty grown up!

Now its crying, screaming, and throwing a tantrum, "I hate you, I hate you!", adding "I''m going to tell on you!!", when will the "na na na na naaaaa!" follow?

You do think he might have made the same effort to keep hold of Bothroyd-he let him go without a fight, yet is still lamenting for his predecessor!

Its almost as if he let Bothroyd go to Coventry so easily and smoothly -and made such a big deal about how well CCFC "conducted themselves" in the process-just to try and rub our noses in it a little more, therefore using Bothroyd as a pawn in his little anti-Norwich game!

He won''t get a points deduction. Every other case in the future would see, if that happened, us demand that the same sanctions apply to clubs who break the same rule (and we admitted to it, FFS!) in future-does Cowling think that clubs are never going to approach managers in work again? It happens with players, people see transfers as part and parcel of the game, and yes, of course they are tapped up, of course they leave whilst under contract, thats what transfer fees are for, and we''ve just paid a transfer fee for Lambert!

No wonder they appointed Ward from within, he and CUFC couldn''t possibly be seen, with all this going on, to even think about approaching a Manager currently in work somewhere else!

"...you start next season on -10 points" -nice one!

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Cowling is like a small child that''s had its lollipop taken away by a nasty grown up! Now its crying, screaming, and throwing a tantrum, "I hate you, I hate you!", adding "I''m going to tell on you!!", when will the "na na na na naaaaa!" follow? You do think he might have made the same effort to keep hold of Bothroyd-he let him go without a fight, yet is still lamenting for his predecessor! Its almost as if he let Bothroyd go to Coventry so easily and smoothly -and made such a big deal about how well CCFC "conducted themselves" in the process-just to try and rub our noses in it a little more, therefore using Bothroyd as a pawn in his little anti-Norwich game! He won''t get a points deduction. Every other case in the future would see, if that happened, us demand that the same sanctions apply to clubs who break the same rule (and we admitted to it, FFS!) in future-does Cowling think that clubs are never going to approach managers in work again? It happens with players, people see transfers as part and parcel of the game, and yes, of course they are tapped up, of course they leave whilst under contract, thats what transfer fees are for, and we''ve just paid a transfer fee for Lambert! No wonder they appointed Ward from within, he and CUFC couldn''t possibly be seen, with all this going on, to even think about approaching a Manager currently in work somewhere else! "...you start next season on -10 points" -nice one![/quote]

I think we let Aidy go to Coventry without a fight because i''m not sure if Cowling thought he was the right man for the job after the way we played towards the end of the season,we slipped out the play offs because Aidy only had one style of play and when teams found out how to play against it he just didn''t know what to do. The reason Cowling was so upset about what happened with Lambert was because of the timing of when he walked out,he put alot of his own money into building a squad that Lambert wanted only for him to leave after two games so i can understand why he is so p**sed off even if i think some of his comments the last 10 months have gone a bit too far. As for Ward i know alot of Colchester fans are not happy but to be honest we are still only a small club in this league and appointing someone from within is the best option,if we had gone for a big name we would probably be looking again next summer for a new manager. Hopefully both clubs can just accept the punishment given and concentrate on what will be an important season for both of us as i''m sure thats what all us fans want....

what gets me is that Lambert handed in his notice anyway .

if someone offered me a job better than the one i had , i would take it .

who wouldn''t..?

i don''t think we have heard the last of him to be honest , cowbells is not the type of person to move on

[quote user="singing canary"]what gets me is that Lambert handed in his notice anyway . if someone offered me a job better than the one i had , i would take it . who wouldn''t..? i don''t think we have heard the last of him to be honest , cowbells is not the type of person to move on[/quote]

He was contracted to us so he couldn''t just walk out and join another team 12 hours later.

[quote user="cufcone"]

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Cowling is like a small child that''s had its lollipop taken away by a nasty grown up! Now its crying, screaming, and throwing a tantrum, "I hate you, I hate you!", adding "I''m going to tell on you!!", when will the "na na na na naaaaa!" follow? You do think he might have made the same effort to keep hold of Bothroyd-he let him go without a fight, yet is still lamenting for his predecessor! Its almost as if he let Bothroyd go to Coventry so easily and smoothly -and made such a big deal about how well CCFC "conducted themselves" in the process-just to try and rub our noses in it a little more, therefore using Bothroyd as a pawn in his little anti-Norwich game! He won''t get a points deduction. Every other case in the future would see, if that happened, us demand that the same sanctions apply to clubs who break the same rule (and we admitted to it, FFS!) in future-does Cowling think that clubs are never going to approach managers in work again? It happens with players, people see transfers as part and parcel of the game, and yes, of course they are tapped up, of course they leave whilst under contract, thats what transfer fees are for, and we''ve just paid a transfer fee for Lambert! No wonder they appointed Ward from within, he and CUFC couldn''t possibly be seen, with all this going on, to even think about approaching a Manager currently in work somewhere else! "...you start next season on -10 points" -nice one![/quote]

I think we let Aidy go to Coventry without a fight because i''m not sure if Cowling thought he was the right man for the job after the way we played towards the end of the season,we slipped out the play offs because Aidy only had one style of play and when teams found out how to play against it he just didn''t know what to do. The reason Cowling was so upset about what happened with Lambert was because of the timing of when he walked out,he put alot of his own money into building a squad that Lambert wanted only for him to leave after two games so i can understand why he is so p**sed off even if i think some of his comments the last 10 months have gone a bit too far. As for Ward i know alot of Colchester fans are not happy but to be honest we are still only a small club in this league and appointing someone from within is the best option,if we had gone for a big name we would probably be looking again next summer for a new manager. Hopefully both clubs can just accept the punishment given and concentrate on what will be an important season for both of us as i''m sure thats what all us fans want....

[/quote]

Well said CUFCONE!

Best of luck for next season.

[quote user="cufcone"]

[/quote]

And therein, I suspect, lies the basis for all the toy throwing. Firstly Cowling is jilted by a manager that he has invested in (understandable) , but then makes a rank bad appointment, made worse by the ridiculous asssertion that he was better than Lambert, only to have to backtrack within months. In other words he has been made to, and made himself,  look a bit of a loser. Consequently we are now seeing some classic displacement activity to divert attention to the common denominator in the key events of your disappointing season, one Robert Cowling esquire. As you say, we all need to move on, but I''m afraid that his ego won''t let him.

Cheers CUFCONE, nice to have some constructive debate with one of you!

What you and Beausant have said makes a lot of sense-seems your Mr C is feeling a little bit sensitive with regard to Bothroyd and is lashing out.

I''m not sure if CUFC and the fans in particular wish this would just now move on, or if they are behind him in his fight to get us a points deduction-however, as the Board that dealt with the case said a points deduction would be "wholly inappropriate", I don''t think they''ll be persuaded otherwise now, and I don''t think there is much case for him to appeal, when, and in his own words, he''s won!

[quote user="cufcone"]

[quote user="singing canary"]what gets me is that Lambert handed in his notice anyway . if someone offered me a job better than the one i had , i would take it . who wouldn''t..? i don''t think we have heard the last of him to be honest , cowbells is not the type of person to move on[/quote]

He was contracted to us so he couldn''t just walk out and join another team 12 hours later.

[/quote]

I think most people should realise by now that contracts in football mean very little. If a player doesn''t want to play for you or a Manager no longer wants to manage for you, it is basically the end of the story. Fabregas signed a new, improved contract for 5 years last season. Hands up all those who think he will still be at Arsenal in 2014.

you don''t know your football very well then .

football is like that .

how many players play a short time for a club and get a offer else where..?

and managers for that matter ..?