Sign in to follow this  
TheGoogler

New Chief Scout revealed

I do not understand the post on the Rangers website saying that the Norwich branch of Comet will be pleased with the appointment.Anyone knows what that means?

[quote user="Mazy Run"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Mazy Run"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Oh, my first reaction was who the heck is he lol[/quote]

How many Chief Scouts can you name?

[/quote]

And the point of your question is? [:|]

[/quote]

Your first post seemed to imply that you expected to know who he is - or that you wanted a famous chief scout. My point is that there is no such thing, so how can you expect to have heard of him?

[/quote]

I''m sure that everybody in British football has heard of John Deehan, likewise Bryan Gunn. They are our last two chief scouts. Frank Arnesen was the chief scout at Chelsea for a long time after having being a famous European Cup winning footballer.

Now get off your high horse, of course there is "such thing", think before you talk down on people who talk more sense than you.

City have always been able to come up with the money when it''s needed.

As in - how come we were able to extend our loans, defer payments etc after we had been relegated ? That relegation meant a minimum loss of around £3m plus yet there was enough to pay off Gunn, amd take on Lambert and others with all the possible costs. Players came in with no real cost cutting/money earning players going the other way.

Sadly the word investment has come to mean a lottery win for some fans. A large amount of money with no strings attached. An investment by it''s name means more money coming out that going in. That would mean the ''investor'' being able to get more money from somewhere. This pretty much only happens with basket case clubs who have little or no option to to take what''s offered. Sure many burn bright for a few years, but all to often the repucussions follow.

Maybe some might want to ask why the banks are still happy to back us. Why are we seen as such a good risk when others aren''t. How is it that we are not beholden to some foreign asset stripper when other are.

More importantly ponder a few moments as to hoe these ''investors'' got their money and why would they suddenly abandon those kind of business tactics when they walk through the front door of a football club.

Always come up with the money when it was needed?

Not always. How many players escaped out grasp often because it seemed that we were late off the starting blocks? In past pre-seasons managers and the board have openly said that there is no transfer budget as such, just that the manager asks if he can sign a player and how much he costs and they see if they can give him the required money to get him. That has been quite clear.

This year it seems that we have got to that point a lot quicker. To me it seems he knows how much he has to spend and is looking around accordingly.

If they are still working the same way it seems they are coming to a decision much quicker than before. This all comes at a crucial moment in football. There are the rules about having home grown players and then there are the new proposed rules about spending within your means on the squad. The only place additional money can be spent is on the ground and the accademy on the football side of things.

Whilst other teams make adjustments if we can be on the ''up'' we may well pick up some bargains. Maybe not this year but in the next few seasons.

This seems a very logical appointment; sourcing new talent within budget is vital for any successful business. Within his field, this guy appears to be high quality too!

I wonder what kind of ''recommended shopping list'' Ewan Chester will arrive with next Tuesday?

From The Herald http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/rangers/chester-exits-ibrox-a-champion-says-walter-smith-1.1031238

“I spoke with Walter when this opportunity came up and he felt it was a good time for me to move on, to leave as a champion. So, reluctantly, I’m leaving Rangers.”

Doesn''t look like Rangers exactly bent over backwards to keep him!

[quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="Mazy Run"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Mazy Run"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Oh, my first reaction was who the heck is he lol[/quote]

How many Chief Scouts can you name?

[/quote]

And the point of your question is? [:|]

[/quote]

Your first post seemed to imply that you expected to know who he is - or that you wanted a famous chief scout. My point is that there is no such thing, so how can you expect to have heard of him?

[/quote]

I''m sure that everybody in British football has heard of John Deehan, likewise Bryan Gunn. They are our last two chief scouts. Frank Arnesen was the chief scout at Chelsea for a long time after having being a famous European Cup winning footballer.

Now get off your high horse, of course there is "such thing", think before you talk down on people who talk more sense than you.

[/quote]

I am glad you saw things the way I did and am sure we aren''t alone lol some people just take things slightly too serious [:D]

Smudger never applied... but judging on the quality of Drury''s understudy I woulod bite my tongue on the quality of our new scouts attributes for a while yet! [:P]