Sign in to follow this  
TheGoogler

New Chief Scout revealed

Ewan Chester from Rangers

Quite a coup to pinch Rangers chief scout, although I suspect that may be because of their financial pressures.

Guess he was fed up with scouting players and then them not being signed because Rangers are skint, amazingly they''ve not bought anyone for nearly 2 years.Seems to have a good knowledge and contacts throughout Europe.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Oh, my first reaction was who the heck is he lol[/quote]

How many Chief Scouts can you name?

Why the hell wasn''t someone like McNally appointed 5 years ago?

We seem to be going from strength to strength since his appointment!

[quote user="Mazy Run"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Oh, my first reaction was who the heck is he lol[/quote]

[/quote]

And the point of your question is? [:|]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Mazy Run"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Your first post seemed to imply that you expected to know who he is - or that you wanted a famous chief scout. My point is that there is no such thing, so how can you expect to have heard of him?

Reads like he is  very good at his job with a lot of contacts throughout Europe, seems a step up from previous appointments.

[quote user="Mazy Run"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Mazy Run"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Oh, my first reaction was who the heck is he lol[/quote]

How many Chief Scouts can you name?[/quote]And the point of your question is? [:|][/quote]Your first post seemed to imply that you expected to know who he is - or that you wanted a famous chief scout. My point is that there is no such thing, so how can you expect to have heard of him?[/quote]Of course there is! Buffalo Bill was chief scout for the Fifth Cavalry! Hmph! [H]

[quote user="Mazy Run"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Mazy Run"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Your first post seemed to imply that you expected to know who he is - or that you wanted a famous chief scout. My point is that there is no such thing, so how can you expect to have heard of him?

[/quote]we quite often get Norwich related people for these positions though.....

[quote user="The Irish Messi"]Would he been at Livingston when Lambert was?[/quote]Who, Buffalo Bill? [:^)]

[quote user="Mazy Run"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Mazy Run"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes it seemed to imply but that wasn''t what was meant and I think you know it.  Pick an argument with someone who gives a hoot [:)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The Irish Messi"]Would he been at Livingston when Lambert was?[/quote]Who, Buffalo Bill? [:^)][/quote]

lol you''re obsessed with buffalo bill [:D]

Sounds good but for me the most interesting quote came from our glorious Chief Exec himself ''underlines the club''s ambitious plans for the near future.''

[quote user="Mazy Run"]

[/quote]

Gunn [Y]

[quote user="Docs Big Nose that was at the Heart of the Defence"][quote user="Mazy Run"]

[/quote]

Gunn [Y]

[/quote]

Deehan [Y]

Tonto refered to the Lone Ranger as ''Kemo Sabe''

which meant trusted (or faithful) scout

McKemosabe ?

Maybe another influx of Scottish players on the way, doesnt matter what nationality they are as long as their good enough, I am getting a good feeling about next season.    

The thing about this is that he has also rebuilt teams scouting networks. I have always wondered what ours was like because it was only when Rioch was here that we signed a foreign players with a level of consistant quality.

Since then it has been hard to say which player we have signed from abroad has had the most impact in terms of being a good player. Most of those who are from abroad we have signed from other British clubs so its not such a big risk.

Askou must be one of the best recent imports. But then its tough because for me there arnt many worth mentioning between him and Needergard. It has been said that some places offer good potential players for better prices but we always seem to lack in that part relying on players already in the league system which limits us immensly.

So I think this is bigger than just appointing a head scout - we are getting someone in with good connections who will organise our scouting system to be capable of getting in players of getting us where we want to be.

From what we have seen so far McNally and Lambert seem to be singing from the same hymsheet in that the are both aspirational and want to achieve as much as they possibly can. It also seems that to a certain extent they have been given liscence to do what they think best. Perhaps this year the board have given Lambert a pot of money and said do what you will rather than what we seemed to always do when the manager would go to the board and the board would think about it and by the time they had come to a decision the players were gone and we were left with the dregs.

For me Ward''s signing summs this up. We have been able to speak to him since January, its possible that they even tried to sign him in January or that he had agreed terms before he officially signed. But looking at it, there have been three pieces of buisiness in a reletively short amount of time - which seems to not be wasted round either of those guys.

Again I don''t want to get carried away here because this is going to possibly take time to reep the rewards of but it is certainly shaping up well. Maybe some of our youngsters will go abroad on loan or as part of an accademy exchange etc?

"and the board would think about it and by the time they had come to a decision the players were gone and we were left with the dregs"

Not true.

It was the type of player brought in rather than any money or speeed of supply that caused the problems - see our wage bill.

What seemed so lacking prior to Lambert was the lack of application. No drive or determination. how many times did we seem to simply roll over a die. How many times in the season just gone did we see the players dig out draws and even wins from would have been previously accepted as lost causes.

I posted on here that the club looked like they were planning for the Championship way back in December. The idea being to byild a squad and getting it playing together as much as possible BEFORE we started 2010/11 - as with chicken''s point about Ward. Which also suggests that the club had decided that Docherty would not stay.

Ruthless ? No, just showing the level of professionalism that we have been lacking for so long. it also suggests that those players coming in have been targetted and ''looked over'' quitre comprehensively before they were signed.

It might sound a cliche but we need winners, players with the right mental attitude. That''s what I''m hoping the new scout will bring. The youth players point that the club has been getting that side of the long term planning right. Future players should be targetted likewise.

If thge new scouts appointment suggest anything it is that McNally and Lambert are here for the foreseeable future and the wherewithall exists to back their plans. This has come just at the point when the championship is probably at it''s weakest.

Mc Hooray the noo

These could be exciting times, look what has happened in the last 12 months. New board and Chief Exec with a big punch, up and coming manager, top scout, new players , new seats, is new investemnt next?

I believe we will be challenging for the Premier league from now on and we will be there is 2 seasons!!!

EIEIEIO

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Sounds good but for me the most interesting quote came from our glorious Chief Exec himself ''underlines the club''s ambitious plans for the near future.''[/quote]I was thinking exactly the same when I read that, could it be that there is possible investment on the horizon?