NORWICH City can confirm the decision of the Football Disciplinary

Commission (FDC), as convened by the Football League, has now been

received.

City have been ordered to pay £425,000 in compensation to Colchester

United in respect of the recruitment of Paul Lambert, Ian Culverhouse

and Gary Karsa.

The Club has been fined £75,000, with a further sum of £125,000

suspended for two years, only to be activated in the event that Norwich

City commit a further breach of Regulation 20 during that period.

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~2060465,00.html

That''s the whole article...

Cowling, you tw@t [y] go back to your small club and rot in league 1.

Effectively £500k, worth every penny when you consider the sums we''ve thrown away on poor players. I just wonder had we not won promotion what kind of state we''d be in now though.

To be fair to the spoilt brat, £500''000 is a whole years ticket sales to him, hence he''s happy.

Didn''t get his seven figures though did he and he''s still in League One. Let''s hope he stays there for good....

I supose this is Cowling not happy with the 2nd part, about the points deduction? [:)]I really think Col who are going nowhere, they can barely get 5,000 in their amazing new stadium... I can now go back to not giving a sh!t about that small team [:D]Bring on the Ipswich [:D]

On colwho''s  website they have a advert for Jobserve with one link which says 3 TIPS TO FIND A GREAT JOBPaul lambert must have read this My  revamp of 3  tips 1: LEAVE  COLWHO2 : JOIN NORWICH CITY3 : GET JOB SATISFACTION

The additional seating would pay for this taking away the installation costs.

I bet Norwich offered £300k in the first instance and Cowling wanted £600k plus. The tribunal has done what I always thought it would.....cost us a bit more than we wanted to pay and give them a bit less than they wanted to get.

Next....!

[quote user="Mike Grant"]

To be fair to the spoilt brat, £500''000 is a whole years ticket sales to him, hence he''s happy.

Didn''t get his seven figures though did he and he''s still in League One. Let''s hope he stays there for good....

[/quote]

As I understand it Col U will only get £425k, the other £75k is a fine to be paid to the Football League.

Seems kind of convenient that the whole figure adds up to £500,000.Also can''t help but wonder that if this tribunal took place earlier, how different the compensation would beBut £500,000 isn''t too bad. Probably more than Colchester have spent on their record transfer fee.

Blimey, so much time and energy for such a small amount of money (that is the difference between £300K and £425K).  I bet the costs of both parties legal advice, and the costs of the FA review would have equalled that difference.  I don''t blame our Board for holding out, but how can Cowling say he is happy with the outcome beggars belief for such a paltry return (unless of course he has shares in the legal firm who represented ColU!).

It falls far short of ColU''s biggest NCFC sting of all time which was £750,000 for an over the hill bovine rump thumping banjo swinger.

Also, how much did we shell out to pay off Worthy, Grant, Roeder and Gunn?

Put into perspective this £425k is beginning to look like a real snip.

UP YOURS COWLING   [IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/theretreat_SmileyFinger.gif[/IMG]

[quote user="Mike Grant"]

[/quote]

I''m not sure he ever said that he wanted 7 figures did he? Just that we were 6 figures apart in compo claims, which to me means £100k plus apart.

Anyway, £500k is a good deal.

It doesn''t mention anything about who pays the legal fees or whether the £425,000 figure includes that. The point being that it is usually the losing party that pays therefore any indication of who is paying those costs would suggest who won and who lost.

Not sure how long Lambert''s contract was at Col U so it''s hard to say whether this was simply paying off his contract. Or All three. Either way it is a bit above what I thought but otherwise pretty much inlione with what was expected. NO points deduction. No other real punishment that could affect next season.

So as stated berore McNally and the club knew what they were about and it appears one of the best bit of money we have spent. As to where it comes from I would suggest that there were easily 10 home games where an extra 2000 seats were sold simply down to how well we were doing. At a rough £20 a go that certainly covers the majority of it.

Now, lets close the door on this. Recognise that we have a club and a board who appear to have discarded the ''nice little Norwich'' image and attitude and are at last starting to act like they mean business.

Div 1 ........... that was sooooooooooo last season

BRING ON THE CHAMPIONSHIP !

Bargain.

If Cowling thinks thats a result and is feeling pleased about it-good for him! Thats nice. I hope he has cake and biscuits tonight as a yummy reward! Mmmm!!

Long may this drive for success continue.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]It falls far short of ColU''s biggest NCFC sting of all time which was £750,000 for an over the hill bovine rump thumping banjo swinger.[/quote]

Maybe this was taken into account when they decided that we''d been taken for a ride by them once before. In all honesty, Is this the best £425,000 the club has ever spent? I can''t remember the lat time we spent this little money on so much talent...

[quote user="Harry"]UP YOURS COWLING   [IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/theretreat_SmileyFinger.gif[/IMG][/quote]

harry to be fair mate, this should of been the first post in this thread, not anything about the actual fact [:P]

Just to take it a s tep further  they have another  link which says

RECRUIT THE BEST IN 3 EASY  STEPS1 : POACH THE BEST FROM COWARDLY COWLING2 : OFFER THE BEST A BETTER JOB3: SIT BACK AND  WATCH THE BEST WIN THE LEAGUE AND  WATCH  COWARDLY COWLING CRY OVER  SPILT MILK

Don''t over water the pitch if you are the groundsman

not good for your cv