Sign in to follow this  
Never  Blue

Boring I know but...Investment

Before I get an almighty amount of grief I just want to say that I know that this subject has been broached alot but...

A while ago there was a crazy yank saying tht there was lots of american investors interested in investing in NCFC. These claims were met with the view of ''don''t tell us tell Deloittes, they are dealing with any interested parties''. But if I remeber correctly McNally also stated around the same time that Delloites had a few interested parties lined up but the club had asked them to hold off for a while until the club knew where it would be this coming season.

I would be very interested to know whether the club has been in talks with any of the ''interested parties'' since our promotion. As alot of people have said it does seem like we have a little more money availabe than in recent years. Not just for players (as this is yet to be proven) but for improved contracts for all of our main staff, new seats, an on the whole "who cares?" attitude to the compensation and fine in the Lambert dispute, etc.

Anyway I would like to hear your opinions on this.

Cheers

If we have found a new outside investor then I am quite happy knowing nothing about it. When you have investment everything goes up by a least 25%. Especially with the game becoming as desperate as it is.

Bowkett said in his webchat there had been enquiries from about 50 interested parties from all over then world, and that Norwich were entering detailed discussions with a few of them.

I think it will mainly just come to nothing but you never know.

I don''t really think Norwich have been flashing the cash around too much, 2 free transfers and a fairly low fee signing. The new contracts were probably always coming and was probably just triggered by a clause in the existing contracts when we got promoted. I feel that story was released to off-set the compensation one. The compensation payable wasn''t really that big £500k compared to the £213k that Cowling says we offered, it''s not like the club didn''t know this was coming.

Remember being in the Championship gives Norwich around £4m extra than being in League One, so there is some money to spend and releasing Jamie and the Doc probably meant the two biggest wages at the club left.