Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

McNally: Previous management team wanted L1 Consolidation

[quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Barclaybred"]The one thing i will say in gunns favour,he was quick to bring home both spillane and martin.....[/quote]And there was me thinking that their loan deals at Luton had expired. You learn something new on this board every day. [:S][/quote]But loans deals can be extended (and there was me thinking we had a chance to get forster again..bujt damn his loan has expired)  :)[/quote]Are you seriously suggesting that Martin and Spillane would have agreed to play for Luton in the Conference (loan or otherwise)?

Forster - Lambert

Drury - Worthington

Doc - Worthington

Nelson - Gunn

Martin - Lambert

Rusty - Grant

Lappin - Grant

Smith - Youth

Wes - Roeder

Martin - Youth

Holt - Gunn

So out of the 11 players who played the most games only 2 was signed by Gunn. so not an arguement for me.

Lol no i was making a point that when a deal expires,it doesnt mean a player has to then come home to his parent club....there wouldve been countless other teams in league 2 i presume,that wouldve wanted them..When they finished that season and we were down,there were many on here saying the only reason martin and spillane have done well is they have found their level! ..So glad we found out this wasnt true,and if it was gunns choice to get them home for our campaign,then that is one thing he can take credit for..

It was also Gunny''s choice to cut short Curo''s loan the previous season. If he''d left well alone, and Jamie Lad had carried on missing the barn door at Barnsley, we may have been consolidating in the Champs instead[:S]

[;)]

True,in a hindsight sort of way...But again there were many on here saying why the hell is he being allowed to score goals for a rival championship side fighting for survival ;)

That''s because once a manager is out of favour every decision he then makes is deemed a poor one on this messageboard. Grant, Roeder and Gunn all got some things right and Lambert will get some things wrong. However Grant, Roeder and Gunn appeared made more mistakes than our rivals and Lambert less. Long may it continue[Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]It was also Gunny''s choice to cut short Curo''s loan the previous season. If he''d left well alone, and Jamie Lad had carried on missing the barn door at Barnsley, we may have been consolidating in the Champs instead[:S][/quote]Sorry Nutty, you''ve been reading too much Bob Franklin. The board recalled Curo before Gunn was appointed as caretaker manager........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/7828617.stm

[;)]

"The Chirp" I spoke to this so called terrible man a couple of weeks ago and I can

tell you that Gunn was not hoping for League One consolidation.

This might be a shock to some of you but just because McNally says it in the press it doesn''t mean he''s telling the truth.

It might have been his opinion that Gunn was leading Norwich no further than  L1 consolidation but that was NEVER Gunn''s aim.

Re £££ I would say spending £500K on a striker who scored 30 goals this season was not blowing your money. Brighton plus one other offered Holt more money to join them - It was

Gunn who took the time to make sure Holt signed for us not elsewhere.It didn''t work out for Gunn as a manager which is very disappointing to him and most of us (I say most as there are some pathetic people on here who are well out of line about Gunn and Delia) but he''s a genuine honest guy who has served Norwich and Norfolk as a whole very well. 

Well Chirp,

Shortly after we were relegated I had his esteemed assistant in my establishment. After asking him what went wrong on the last day of the season he said we had too many loan players being paid silly wages and didn''t give sh*** about playing for City. I then asked him where we were going as far as next season is concerned. Now I heard this from the horses mouth, ''We will consolidate this season with maybe an outside chance of reaching the play-offs'' but he doubted it. Consolidation was definately the best he was hoping for,so, NO McNally was not telling fibs!

I agree Gunn and his Assistant are really nice blokes but that was not going to get us promoted, IMO he was too close to the players as in being a ''mate'' of theirs not a manager!

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]It was also Gunny''s choice to cut short Curo''s loan the previous season. If he''d left well alone, and Jamie Lad had carried on missing the barn door at Barnsley, we may have been consolidating in the Champs instead[:S][/quote]Sorry Nutty, you''ve been reading too much Bob Franklin. The board recalled Curo before Gunn was appointed as caretaker manager........

[;)]

[/quote]

I''m getting so confused Lapp[*-)][8-)]

But I think I remember now[I]

It was Curo who appointed Gunn[:S]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/7845214.stm

[;)]

"This might be a shock to some of you but just because McNally says it in the press it doesn''t mean he''s telling the truth. "

Equally, just cos you say it in a post, it''s mean he''s telling the truth.

You or McNally, you or McNally... who to trust? Hmmm.... lemmie think on that and get back McNALLY! Made my mind up....

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[;)]

[/quote]

You mean you used Google to show him to be wrong?

Ouch!

Just wait for the diversionary tactic.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="nutty nigel"]It was also Gunny''s choice to cut short Curo''s loan the previous season. If he''d left well alone, and Jamie Lad had carried on missing the barn door at Barnsley, we may have been consolidating in the Champs instead[:S][/quote]Sorry Nutty, you''ve been reading too much Bob Franklin. The board recalled Curo before Gunn was appointed as caretaker manager........

[;)][/quote]You mean you used Google to show him to be wrong?[/quote]Nope! I have an excellent filing system and a good memory Bly. Unfortunately for you, most of your stuff goes straight in the out-tray! [;)][:D]

Good luck Lapp[Y]

I''ll leave him to you. It''s great now anything goes on this messageboard cuz I can say I can''r be arsed with the tosser anymore[:O]

If it gets pulled I''ll just put it on Fridays joke thread[;)]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="In Dubious Battle "]Reading that I feel like Norwich City had a near death experience! That is truly shocking, thank god for McNally & Lambert!
[/quote]What a terrible indikement on the Smiths regime..............they have to go imo.[/quote]

What a terrible indictment on your ability to use the English language.

[quote user="First Wizard"]What a terrible indikement on the Smiths regime..............they have to go imo.[/quote][img]http://goldtent.net/wp_gold/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/finger-in-dike.jpg[/img]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Good luck Lapp[Y]

I''ll leave him to you. It''s great now anything goes on this messageboard cuz I can say I can''r be arsed with the tosser anymore[:O]

[/quote]

Sour grapes from he who is always right.

But still. One love.

OTBC

Good luck Lapp[Y]

[/quote][:D]

Good luck Lapp[Y]

[/quote]

Only if it is deemed funny and acceptable by the board police Nutty.

I know you have been on holiday but do try and keep up[:D]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Good luck Lapp[Y]

[/quote]

[:D]
[/quote]

Bingo.

OTBC