Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Steven Smith has signed!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="Lineo"]I''m starting to see what Lambert''s doing, we''re not rich, so let''s raid some freebies, bringing some scottish players into the english leagues with the potential to play every week and get into the premier league within a few years, for free.Genius.[/quote]Yes, worked really well for Peter Grant.

Looks like he has the potential to be a leading left back in the division if he keeps fit, and under Lambert I think he will get the best out of him. Good signing.

Didn''t we want him when we were in the Prem?

Pleased with this signing. Wouldn''t be suprised to see him as 1st choice going into next season.

[quote user="Smudger"]I guess that he will be back up for Drury at best???[/quote]

LOL, you''re not that stupid smudge.

[quote user="Smudger"]I guess that he will be back up for Drury at best???[/quote]

Doubt that Smudge. He is here to play but obviously he has a tough task ahead of him because Drury is still an excellent performer at this level in my opinion. However he will get opportunities because I would expect Drury to miss some games through injury. So good left back competition was essential because I wouldn''t have been happy with either Rose or Lappin out there in the championship.

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]

Doubt that Smudge. He is here to play but obviously he has a tough task ahead of him because Drury is still an excellent performer at this level in my opinion. However he will get opportunities because I would expect Drury to miss some games through injury. So good left back competition was essential because I wouldn''t have been happy with either Rose or Lappin out there in the championship.

[/quote]Drury will be backup for Smith, no doubt about it.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Smudger"]I guess that he will be back up for Drury at best???[/quote]LOL, you''re not that stupid smudge. [/quote]He is! [+o(]

[quote user="Smudger"]I guess that he will be back up for Drury at best???[/quote]At the very worst he''ll be direct competition for Drury, he wouldn''t have turned down a higher offer to stay on the bench at Ibrox to sit on the bench here and i''m sure he could have got first team football elsewhere so he''s definately not here just to play 2nd fiddle. Not saying he will definately start come August but Drury won''t be the nailed on first choice either. Perhaos he''ll start ahead of Drury on the left of midfield.