Sign in to follow this  
Hucka Hucka Huckerby

Smith was offered more money to STAY at Rangers!

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but I''ve just come accross this article http://www.tribalfootball.com/norwich-signing-smith-reveals-late-rangers-offer-881601 where Smith says he was offered a higher salary to stay with the Gers. Nice to see it''s not always about cash with some players...

The other interesting factor is it seems he is coming here to be first choice and not merely backup to Drury.

He talks about not getting a run of games at Rangers so I can''t imagine he has come here to sit on the bench.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]The other interesting factor is it seems he is coming here to be first choice and not merely backup to Drury.

He talks about not getting a run of games at Rangers so I can''t imagine he has come here to sit on the bench.[/quote]Perhaps not but I think Mr Lambert will pick the best player for that position on the day. Two quality left-backs competing for a place - it''s about time! [Y]

Simon Lappin will be relieved-odds on him having to cover at left back have receded dramatically now-thankfully!!

Must be end of Wiggins as well-is he under contract and are we entitled to a transfer fee, of some sort, from Bournemouth? Should include a sell on clause.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Jim Kent"]The other interesting factor is it seems he is coming here to be first choice and not merely backup to Drury. He talks about not getting a run of games at Rangers so I can''t imagine he has come here to sit on the bench.[/quote]

Perhaps not but I think Mr Lambert will pick the best player for that position on the day. Two quality left-backs competing for a place - it''s about time! [Y]
[/quote]

Lets hope we see a decent right back to match

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]

Lets hope we see a decent right back to match

[/quote]

Agreed, the compeition between Martin and Spillane is nowhere near as strong.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Simon Lappin will be relieved-odds on him having to cover at left back have receded dramatically now-thankfully!! Must be end of Wiggins as well-is he under contract and are we entitled to a transfer fee, of some sort, from Bournemouth? Should include a sell on clause.[/quote]

Doubt that we would get a fee from Bournemouth, they are skint. They had a transfer embargo for most of last season!

We could just give him to them of course, with a 50% sell on clause.

QPR must be poison. A few years back we had defender Taylor on loan from Birmingham and he turned down a trade to QPR for more than our tightwad board was offering because he really wanted to play for Norwich.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]QPR must be poison. A few years back we had defender Taylor on loan from Birmingham and he turned down a trade to QPR for more than our tightwad board was offering because he really wanted to play for Norwich.[/quote]Eh? QPR? [:S]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Sorry, head not on straight. I was thinking of QP Rangers, not Glasgow. D''errrr![/quote]Ah, that makes more sense! Suppose I should have spotted the obvious Rangers connection though!