Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Re: Don't Panic

[quote user="Captain Holts Controversial Jokes"]Just read this and realised it could be read as sarcastic. It certainly isn''t. Shocking.[/quote]Your joke or the shootings in Cumbria?

[quote user="CT"][quote user="Captain Holts Controversial Jokes"]Just read this and realised it could be read as sarcastic. It certainly isn''t. Shocking.[/quote]Your joke or the shootings in Cumbria?[/quote]ATTENTION SEEKERS UNITE!

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="CT"][quote user="Captain Holts Controversial Jokes"]Just read this and realised it could be read as sarcastic. It certainly isn''t. Shocking.[/quote]Your joke or the shootings in Cumbria?[/quote]ATTENTION SEEKERS UNITE![/quote]Dont you dare get me started on that topic! There have been PLENTY of ''attention seeking'' threads on this messageboard and none of those posters get labelled.I think that everyone who posts on an internet messageboard is ''seeking attention''. Be it from other norwich fans or the world wide web. People post in the hope that someone/people will read their post. Why in Hucks name would you post on one otherwise?

There''s a difference between posting your opinion and posting to attention seek. For example, some people like to think they are the voice of reason, others like to be the first one to post a bit of breaking news (that''s already on the offy), then there''s the compulsive bullsh1tters. It''s becoming a job to sift through the c rap on here to filter out the good stuff. I couldn''t give a monkeys about post count but by the same token I''m not going to spend half a day typing out an essay on here.

Yes, SCY, but why post on a public forum? Why not just keep a journal? At some level there is a desire to be noticed and as such, to seek attention.

Personally, I like posting here because it is easier to establish a rapport with the other regulars and not be lost in a sea of responses too big to be noticed from. At the same time, I don''t expect people to give me a second thought away from the threads I am involved in. Lord knows I don''t give anyone here a thought when I''m not here myself. Sorry, morty, but it''s true.

Of course I''m attention seeking, isn''t everyone else on this forum who posts? If I wasn''t seeking a reply to my thoughts or statements then I wouldn''t bother posting would I?

I was just differentiating between your average poster and an attention seeker. From my point the forums are a bit of banter but from what I''ve read I feel that others regard their opinions as superior.

Well, I have to say I''m very relieved.  When I first saw the news of this horrific incident, my first thought was "Oh my God!  Will Captain Holt even consider posting a joke about this on Friday in the, er, Friday joke thread?"  I''m very grateful he has cleared this up for us and now I, and doubtless thousands of other Pink''un members and visitors, can now sleep soundly at night.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Well, I have to say I''m very relieved.  When I first saw the news of this horrific incident, my first thought was "Oh my God!  Will Captain Holt even consider posting a joke about this on Friday in the, er, Friday joke thread?"  I''m very grateful he has cleared this up for us and now I, and doubtless thousands of other Pink''un members and visitors, can now sleep soundly at night.[/quote]What exactly is your problem mate? There was absolutely no need for that post and the level of sarcasm that came through from it. If I wanted to, I could easily label you an attention seeker as a result of that post.....  the very thing that YOU label others!Get a grip.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Well, I have to say I''m very relieved.  When I first saw the news of this horrific incident, my first thought was "Oh my God!  Will Captain Holt even consider posting a joke about this on Friday in the, er, Friday joke thread?"  I''m very grateful he has cleared this up for us and now I, and doubtless thousands of other Pink''un members and visitors, can now sleep soundly at night.[/quote]The Friday Joke thread is one big attention seeking look-at-me-fest.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Well, I have to say I''m very relieved.  When I first saw the news of this horrific incident, my first thought was "Oh my God!  Will Captain Holt even consider posting a joke about this on Friday in the, er, Friday joke thread?"  I''m very grateful he has cleared this up for us and now I, and doubtless thousands of other Pink''un members and visitors, can now sleep soundly at night.[/quote]Well I''m extremely disappointed Graham. My first thought on hearing this terrible news was "Fantastic. I can''t wait to see what renowned controversialist and arch wit Captain Holt will make of this. Why he''s like the love child of Lenny Bruce and Bill Hicks (if one of them had a vagina) who after their separation was brought up by Oscar Wilde." And then I realised that Sickipedia wouldn''t have any jokes about this yet which means that he would have to think of his own. And I cried a bit [:''(]

[quote user="Captain Holts Controversial Jokes"]Sickipedia will have jokes. Mark my words.[/quote]Just checked, and yup lol.[Y]

[quote user="Captain Holt"]Sickipedia will have jokes. Mark my words.[/quote]Best you get on there ready for Friday then. As long as you obey the ''48 Hour Rule'' you''ll be fine [:D]

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Well, I have to say I''m very relieved.  When I first saw the news of this horrific incident, my first thought was "Oh my God!  Will Captain Holt even consider posting a joke about this on Friday in the, er, Friday joke thread?"  I''m very grateful he has cleared this up for us and now I, and doubtless thousands of other Pink''un members and visitors, can now sleep soundly at night.[/quote]Well I''m extremely disappointed Graham. My first thought on hearing this terrible news was "Fantastic. I can''t wait to see what renowned controversialist and arch wit Captain Holt will make of this. Why he''s like the love child of Lenny Bruce and Bill Hicks (if one of them had a vagina) who after their separation was brought up by Oscar Wilde." And then I realised that Sickipedia wouldn''t have any jokes about this yet which means that he would have to think of his own. And I cried a bit [:''(][/quote]I''m feeling slightly smug and superior because I bet myself £1,000,000 that the pinko liberal communist crypto-Marxist bedwetting Guardianistas would be all over this thread crying "foul!" and not respecting a man''s right to free speech which is to say whatever the hell he likes no matter how offensive or ill-thought out, and usually something he or she would never say in public when there''s a fair chance the witty response would be a smack in the mouth.  I''m going to split this £1,000,000 between the David Bowie Fan Club and the Bernard Manning Retirement Home Communal Garden.[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_BpYCOmTaopM/SMdYNQN4EZI/AAAAAAAAAjY/JbAQUthcA0o/s400/KeyboardWarrior.jpg[/img]