Sign in to follow this  
ollie

OMG WE'VE WON!

just like to say, that I''m so happy, and it''s 4-30am and i want to party, but there is no party, so I''m going to go to bed............... but go very, very very happy, you all party hard for me ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wiz..... sir, Jim, thanks for wearin your red one''s all week, it musta been the extra kick!!!!

First game I got to all year and we won! It was a great atmosphere, especially when Francis got that second goal. I was sure they''d score at the end, but they just didn''t have the class to get past our defence. I have to say, the defence were pretty superb today. Shame about Mulryne though, he looked poor.

Mulryne was outstanding. Spread the ball about and tried to slow down the game when needed. Just goes to show that if you shoot you will score. Maybe Francis is the answer to our ''big name'' striker with Safri in the middle. Just a mad idea!!Anyway what a great atmoshphere at Carrow today. Will be great going to work on Monday!

I''m so happy I''d kiss my red knickers if I didn''t have them on still!!!

(Not sure you saw the same Mully as I did, Mr. Bunny...the one who chased everything, passed the ball to other players in yellow shirts, had vision and purpose and didn''t treat the ball like a hot potato.  Still, who cares?  We''ve got rid of the label and it sure feels good!)

I feel sick with happiness! I have never screamed so much at a match - the last 20 seemed to last forever though.....

BRILLIANT!!!

The knickers worked a treat!

The win is great but bunny how can you critisize Mulryan he was brilliant in the heart of midfield. I believe that we miss the type of playmaker player and he played a large part in helping us win the game.

Quote : Maybe Francis is the answer to our ''big name'' striker with Safri in the middle. Just a mad idea!!Not a mad idea at all Hampshire Canary! Although we won and it was absolutely fantastic, the "strikers" didn''t take their chances still but Francis did and he was fab!Come on you Yellows !!

Bunny, your ears must of been blocking your eyes, Mullers was the key in midfield - I listened to the game and was lucky enough to see the game on canal+ late last night and finally we had someone who gave the rest of the team a passing option - he always made some space for himself and kept the passing going - its the first time this season that the defence had player in midfield to pass out too. He and francis were magnificent in the middle of the park. We are still a bit fragile at the back on crosses - a better opposition on the day and we might not be so cheerful this morning - anyway lets just enjoy the wonderful feeling - another 3 points at Birmingham???? 

[quote]First game I got to all year and we won! It was a great atmosphere, especially when Francis got that second goal. I was sure they''d score at the end, but they just didn''t have the class to get past ou...[/quote]

The Bunny,

Were you at the same game as the rest of us or did you not know which player was Mulryne? He had  7 on his back and was playing in green and yellow, guess you got him mixed up with a Saints player!

I agree with Bunny, Mulryne had an average game, walking back a few people were praising his contribution, I was then confused, did I miss something?  I watched MOTD and Sky later, and it confirmed that my original assessment was correct.  He made some telling forward passes but many more square or backward ones, yes he chased about but no more than Holt would, certainly not a major contributor to the game.

Bentley is not "Top, top, top".  And don''t even get me started on short @r$e Charlton, how many times was he out jumped, turned around or to stop their goal.  Svenn was off the pace and looked crackered, and Hucks is wasted on the left wing.

Apart from that we were fine.

Hot damn!

First time I predict a score with my head rather than my heart and City finally turn the corner. Sorry lads and lasses but after the last two games I picked City to lose 2-1 today. Peter Raven clearly has my predictions beamed through to the Canary changing rooms before kick off

Radio Norfolk commentary certainly gave the impression that FCR was the place to be today!!! What an atmosphere!

Let''s hope this gives the team a big boost and keeps them going in the right direction.

Well I agree that Mulryne was good in the first half. In the 2nd he did seem to lose the ball every time he came near it though. I would have liked to have seen Safri start to be honest, but I''m not complaining (much!).

Don''t forget that Mulryne is desperately short of match fitness having had to wait 14 games to get a start.  He clearly has the class to do well at this level so hopefully he will now get an extended run in the team. 

I personally would like to see a midfield comprising Francis, Mulryne and Safri.

After sitting amongst the Charlton fans last weekend, me and my sister knew we had to wear the red underwear! AND IT WORKED!! A MUCH better game by the boys, even though we were 60 miles away and listening to the Radio!

What a pleasure watching MOTD last night! And reading this morning''s papers.

Keep wearing the red pants!

"square and backward passes",otherwise known as keeping possession,something we haven''t been able to do.If only Mullers had of been brought on at half time against Blackburn..............

Silver Fox,i''m with you,how about this;

Fleming    Shackell     Charlton

Helveg        Mulryne     Safri         Brennan

Francis

Bentley               Hucks

I thought the team played really well as a whole, but I have to wonder if all the people praising Mullers'' performance were actually at the game. I mean he really stood out like a sore thumb in the 2nd half, failing to win tackles and consistently being beaten to the ball. His second half performance was pretty abysmal TBH. BTW, I''m no big Holt fan either. Just calling it like I see it.

Freddy H - backward or sqaure passes - whats wrong with that?   Would you prefer Holt to hoof it into no mans land and watch it come straight back at our defence?  I have been trying to get my lads to play backward and sqaure passes for ages and they finally are and we haven''t lost for 4 matches in a row.  Keeping posession and patiently building up decent attacks is the way forward, not hit and rush rubbish.

Mullers was very good and with match fitness back will be class.  Its not just what he did with the ball it''s what he does off it too.  A) he was never on the defenders toes inviting the opposition onto us  B)  He was always in space to receive passes  C) He was telling others where to be and constantly talking, something Holt doesn''t have the time to do as he is always pounding around somewhere.   The guy has a footballers brain and he was a big reason for a much more rounded Norwich yesterday.

Got a question. Why, when we have just won our first game, is everyone finding something to critisize? We won the game be happy. We may not play like chelsea or arsenal but we won the game be happy. Get behind whoever worthy picks and hopefully we can win a few more!

took the words right out of my mouth mouse!

Couldnt add any more!

[quote]Got a question. Why, when we have just won our first game, is everyone finding something to critisize? We won the game be happy. We may not play like chelsea or arsenal but we won the game be happy. G...[/quote]

Don''t get me wrong, I''d like to see Mullers get another chance. I just don''t think he was quite as amazing on Saturday as some here were making out. I haven''t written him off by any means and I''ll be cheering him in 2 weeks time if he starts against Fulham.

[quote]Mullers was class. For the first time in months we looked like we actually have a midfield[/quote]

beds canary

your one sentence just sums it all up - it wasn''t perfect by any means, but it was a start - there was more passing in this game than all the previous ones put together, the last twenty minutes were superb, i just didn''t want the game to end - atmosphere in the barclay was unbelievable, we sounded pretty damn good on skysports - 50 minutes of highlights that weren''t too painful to watch this week