Sign in to follow this  
kc canary

Striker for next season

what realistic target would you like to see playing up front next season? lots of stupid names have been flung around, i want to get peoples opinions on genuine possibilities...i think nile ranger would be worth a punt, maybe for a few months loan to see how he works out. maybe austin would be worth a shot as wel..

[quote user="kc canary"]what realistic target would you like to see playing up front next season? lots of stupid names have been flung around, i want to get peoples opinions on genuine possibilities...i think nile ranger would be worth a punt, maybe for a few months loan to see how he works out. maybe austin would be worth a shot as wel..[/quote]

Would love Austin. He is a class act but I think he totally committed to Swindon. He is local and I think he feels like he owes them for plucking him out of non league football and after his miss a Wembley (but that was the pitch not him, I was certain he would score given the way he shaped to hit it). Contrary to popular opinion I think Paynter would have been an excellent addition on a free as well.

Ranger would be an intresting one. I thought when Newcastle had injuries up front he led the line magnficently by himself and got a lot of praise/MOMs award for his trouble. My only concern would be he didn''t get goals with an excellent team around him. However I for one would like him here. But I think Newcastle will want to keep him as far away from London as possible but he had trouble there when he was younger. We are within striking distance (2 hours) so that might be a bit close for comfort.

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]

[quote user="kc canary"]what realistic target would you like to see playing up front next season? lots of stupid names have been flung around, i want to get peoples opinions on genuine possibilities...i think nile ranger would be worth a punt, maybe for a few months loan to see how he works out. maybe austin would be worth a shot as wel..[/quote]

Would love Austin. He is a class act but I think he totally committed to Swindon. He is local and I think he feels like he owes them for plucking him out of non league football and after his miss a Wembley (but that was the pitch not him, I was certain he would score given the way he shaped to hit it). Contrary to popular opinion I think Paynter would have been an excellent addition on a free as well.

Ranger would be an intresting one. I thought when Newcastle had injuries up front he led the line magnficently by himself and got a lot of praise/MOMs award for his trouble. My only concern would be he didn''t get goals with an excellent team around him. However I for one would like him here. But I think Newcastle will want to keep him as far away from London as possible but he had trouble there when he was younger. We are within striking distance (2 hours) so that might be a bit close for comfort.

[/quote]

some good points...i would have loved to have seen paynter here as well, and agree with you on austin. That could be a problem with ranger, which would be a shame as i think that as he gets older he is going to mature and lambert could do wonders with him, like he did with a certain chris martin

i think bothroyd and chopra would be fantastic signings, and maybe if bellamy does go to cardiff then it wud be more likely...at the moment though i cant see it happening

[quote user="CT "]How about this guy? Got lots of strike partners atm....[;)]

[IMG]http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu276/Canary2345/ba_682_1047817a.jpg[/IMG][/quote]OUCH!you gotta work on that CT

[IMG]http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu276/Canary2345/ba_682_1047817a.jpg[/IMG]You''ve got the picture uploading business nailed-down. Now just need to work on the gag itself....... [:O]

Although that was actually so bad that I chuckled a little bit....... [:$]

Just a little bit mind........ [A]

[quote user="Clipped Canary"]

[IMG]http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu276/Canary2345/ba_682_1047817a.jpg[/IMG]

You''ve got the picture uploading business nailed-down. Now just need to work on the gag itself....... [:O]

Although that was actually so bad that I chuckled a little bit....... [:$]

Just a little bit mind........ [A]

[/quote]

Harsh, but oh so accurate[;)]

[quote user="NCFC-47"]Some who is proven at this levvel im really not sure about Holt at all but i wont judge until i see but would like Bothroyd or Chopra
[/quote]

haha and were just going to pluck millions off the money tree are we. Some people dont have a clue.

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]

[/quote]

I wouldn''t touch Paynter with a barge pole.  Yes he done well for Swindon last season with Austin as his partner but apart from last season he has not scored goals at all.  All the other clubs he has played for have been pretty poor and before last season his best season of goals only stood at 13.  Austin yes but Paynter no way.

Anyway I have just realised he has signed for Leeds so lets hope he is as bad for them as he was for all his other clubs!

Also Bothroyd and Chopra are well out of our budget.  I would have liked to see Iwelumo here but he signed for Burnley recently.  I really don''t know who would be a good signing for a striker but I think Lambert has done well so far in strenghtening the weakest part of our team first, the defence.

agreed..defence was the glaring problem and im glad that he now has that sorted

i think we are still short of a pacy player and another striker...lloyd sam would be a good pacy player

IMO Paynter wasn''t what we needed, if we are to get anyone in they ought to have decent Champs experience - either that or to have consistently bagged goals lower down; if it has to be someone on loan so be it. I''m with boyo, though, as have no real idea who - that''s Lambo''s job :-)

[quote user="kc canary"]

agreed..defence was the glaring problem and im glad that he now has that sorted

i think we are still short of a pacy player and another striker...lloyd sam would be a good pacy player

[/quote]

Yes he is a pacy player but a left footed player who''s favourite position is on the right.  In many ways I think he is to much like Hoolahan, one footed, likes coming into the middle and likes to twist and turn a player several times.  If he and Hoolahan were in the team we would have no flow at all because as soon as it gets to one of them they would twist and turn allowing defenders to get back.

I remember when we played Bristol City two seasons ago and they were very good with their free flowing football.  One player which impressed me a lot was McIndoe.  He was very direct and had a great left foot and pace.  In my opinion he would be a great signing and better than Sam, however, whether we can tempt him away and whether Bristol will let him go is another matter, also wages might come into play.

Definately Adam Le Fondre for me, saying that Rotherham failed in the play-off final and theres been a couple of suggestions about financial problems he seems an obbious target...

How about Nacho Novo?

Scores a few goals, seems to be popular with fans; Leaving Rangers.

Is he realistic; i would think PL would certainly know about him from his time in Scotland.

[quote user="freddyf105"]

Definately Adam Le Fondre for me, saying that Rotherham failed in the play-off final and theres been a couple of suggestions about financial problems he seems an obbious target...

[/quote]Big step up for Le Fondre... do you think he can do it or would he back up at best with what we already have here???I think it suggests something that he has bagged so many at a hit and hope side like Rotherham who certainly do not play to his strengths - but like I said a big jump up for him!

PS... £2 million for Rickie Lambert to sit on the bench at Norwich?  Sounds a bit expensive to me... I thought we were all agreed that Holt was the better player out of the two last season??? [:|]

I would have loved Paynter to be honest, but seriously, what''s wrong with Martin and Holt. I can really see these two combining again very well in the Championship. I''d say better back up is needed, but nothing wrong with Holty and Chrissy. [:)]

[quote user="Brendo "]I would have loved Paynter to be honest, but seriously, what''s wrong with Martin and Holt. I can really see these two combining again very well in the Championship. I''d say better back up is needed, but nothing wrong with Holty and Chrissy. [:)]
[/quote]

We need pace.