Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Best non european player to have played for City?

[quote user="Brendo "]Theo? [H]
[/quote]

Sandy Kennon. South African goalkeeper

Pape Diop (Senegal): Just for comedy value, ask the QPR fans....

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I remember Diop, spent the whole game slipping over...

Top foreign players
(appearances, goals)

1 Sandy Kennon (South Africa, 59-64) 255/0
2 Dennis Van Wyk (Holland, 82-86) 155/4
3 Errol Crossan (Canada, 58-60) 116/32
4 Steen Nedergaard (Denmark, 00-03) 97/5
5 Youssef Safri (Morocco, 04-07) 92/4
6 Alf Ackerman (South Africa, 51-53) 70/35
7 Erik Fuglestad (Norway, 97-00) 82/2
8 Dickson Etuhu (Nigeria, 05-07) 70/7
9 David Nielsen (Denmark, 01-03) 66/14
10 Jurgen Colin (Holland, 05-07) 64/0

Other foreign players to have played for City: Matty Pattison (South Africa, 07-09) 55/3, Aage Hareide (Norway, 82-84) 54/3, Jim Brennan (Canada, 03-06) 48/2, Mathias Svensson (Sweden, 03-05) 44/11, Marc Libbra (France, 01-02) 38/7, Jean Yves de Blasiis (France, 99-01) 38/0, Victor Segura (Spain, 97-99) 33/0, Mattias Jonson (Sweden, 04-05) 30/0, Cedric Anselin (France, 98-01) 29/1, Jens Berthel Askou (Denmark, 09-present) 27/2, Fernando Derveld (Holland, 99-01) 25/1, Henrik Mortensen (Denmark, 89-91) 23/2, Drazen Muzinic (Yugoslavia, 80-81) 23/0, Thomas Helveg (Denmark, 04-05) 23/0, Mo Camara (Guinea, 08) 23/0, Arturo Lupoli (Italy, 08-09) 20/5, Gaetano Giallanza (Switzerland, 99-02) 18/5, Antoine Sibierski (France, 08-09) 16/2, Leroy Lita (DR Congo, 08-09) 16/7, Raymond de Waard (Holland, 99-01) 13/0, Jonatan Johansson (Finland, 05-06) 12/3, Dejan Stefanovic (Serbia, 08-09) 12/0, David Strihavka (Czech Republic, 07) 11/1, Julien Brellier (France, 07) 11/0, Pape Diop (Senegal, 99-00) 10/0, David Carney (Australia, 09) 9/0, Omar Koroma (Gambia, 08/09) 6/0, Jan Molby (Denmark, 95-96) 5/1, Ulf Ottoson (Sweden, 97) 5/1, Paul Peschisolido (Canada, 01) 5/0, Chris Killen (New Zealand, 09) 4/0, Adrian Leijer (Australia, 09) 4/0, Zak Whitbread (10-present, USA) 4/0, Juan Velasco (Spain, 08) 3/0, Mathieu Louis-Jean (France, 05-07) 2/0, Goran Maric (Serbia, 09-10) 2/0, Maceo Rigters (Holland, 08) 2/0, Dario Dumic (Denmark, 09-10) 1/0, Michael Theoklitos (Australia, 09/10) 1/0.

Total: Denmark 7, France 6, Holland 5, Australia 3, Canada 3, South Africa 3, Sweden 3, Norway 2, Serbia 2, Spain 2, Czech Republic 1, DR Congo 1, Italy 1, Finland 1, Gambia 1, Guinea 1, Morocco 1, New Zealand 1, Nigeria 1, Senegal 1, Switzerland 1, USA 1, Yugoslavia 1.

City players born abroad but British: Kevin Keelan (India), Dave Phillips (Germany), Jeremy Goss (Cyprus), George Laxton (Brazil), Francis Peed (Argentina) and Harold Osborne (South Africa).

[quote user="NCFC91"][quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I remember Diop, spent the whole game slipping over...

[/quote]

Slipping/spitting....

You can see why Lambert is against signing foreign players when you see a list like that

I bet its the only Top 10 list Jurgen Colin will ever make too

[quote user="Canaries Canary"]Etuhu. Always a handful and always seemed to score when i had a few quid on him.[/quote]Although born in Nigeria he grew up in England and came through the Man City system so didn''t really come with the cultural and footballing differences.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Does England count as part of Europe?[/quote]Don''t your lot think of us as some kind of USAF aircraft carrier ?

Yes. I was talking to the Admiral yesterday about relocating the USS England to the Mediterranean to help out with the Israeli - Turkey situation, but not until after my trip there.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Yes. I was talking to the Admiral yesterday about relocating the USS England to the Mediterranean to help out with the Israeli - Turkey situation, but not until after my trip there.[/quote]With the range of your aircraft these days, it shouldn''t be necessary to move us - and think how many outboard motors you''d need ! [:)]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Yes. I was talking to the Admiral yesterday about relocating the USS England to the Mediterranean to help out with the Israeli - Turkey situation, but not until after my trip there.[/quote]

Best no to. The Israelis would only board us in international waters, murder a load of innocent people and then claim it was their "right"......

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Yes. I was talking to the Admiral yesterday about relocating the USS England to the Mediterranean to help out with the Israeli - Turkey situation, but not until after my trip there.[/quote]

Best no to. The Israelis would only board us in international waters, murder a load of innocent people and then claim it was their "right"......

[/quote]Added to that they''d also threaten the innocent people on board the ships heading to the country and then complain when they were confronted....

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="Canaries Canary"]Etuhu. Always a handful and always seemed to score when i had a few quid on him.[/quote]Although born in Nigeria he grew up in England and came through the Man City system so didn''t really come with the cultural and footballing differences.[/quote]Whoops. Meant Ekoku. Although I bet you won''t let me have that one either!

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="Canaries Canary"]Whoops. Meant Ekoku. Although I bet you won''t let me have that one either![/quote]Nope he was born in Manchester and also grew up in England.[/quote]Swine. (Shakes fist)

Wynton Rufer, or should that be" The best non European player who wanted to but was never allowed to play for City"?

If they class Lita as DR Congo, even though he''s played for England u21''s, then surely Earnshaw should be classed as Zambian? Therefore would he rank wnywhere?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Safri was class, Brennan was alright, David Carney and Chris Killen were shizzle.
[/quote]

That''s the Chris Killen who will be playing for New Zealand in South Africa this month...but yes, I agree he was crap

[quote user="It only my opinion"]Efan Ekoku[/quote]spot on!Damien Francis played for Jamaica so he counts too...Zak whitbread will qualify for the list one day as well!