Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary

Chris Sutton Please Come Home

[quote]He would be a big piece to the almost finished jigsaw puzzle...[/quote]

I''m not as confident as you Mr Carrow, I''m afraid.

I don''t think for one minute that this deal will come off, but there is an old saying, that you can never go back.

Chris, without doubt, was once a brilliant player. But the Scottish league, ain''t the premiership, yes?.

IMO, I believe he might struggle with the pace of the prem, anyway, its only wishful speculation isn''t it at the moment?.

And we do need more than just a striker, Hux is looking more and more lonely on the left wing and Drury is getting more stretched, the defence wasnt much better on sat than the week before but the saints were too ineffective to exploit it.

Sutton could work for us but I agree with Wiz on this never go back. But the same goes for ex managers wiz, so no more walker

OTBC

Zip, you are avoiding the hype and sound just as worried as you were this time last week.

Having only seen the highlights, I thought we looked good-ish going forward (Sven was winning his headers and Leon was passing ok) but they didn''t show too many Saints attacks.

Were we still as disorganised at the back as before?

[quote]And we do need more than just a striker, Hux is looking more and more lonely on the left wing and Drury is getting more stretched, the defence wasnt much better on sat than the week before but the sai...[/quote]

This must Stop Zipper!, what you cry?. Agreeing with me twice, I reply!. Thats twice today, people will start to talk.

Seriously, you''re dead correct of course.

No more talk of God Walker, I promise.

Belated congratulations on reaching your 1000 posts. The Forum Guru title sits well with you my friend.

I believe Chris would do well for us!

I mean look at Shearer yes he is quality but he isnt quick!

If you look at a lot of teams in the Prem their forwards are not quick Pedersen at Bolton Lisbie at Charlton Kanu West Brom the list goes on.

What these posess is the reading of the game to be in the right place and finish well!

I think Chris would bang the goals in for us!

As for coming back that wouldnt be a problem I believe he would relish one more go in the Premiership

As for the wages Im sure a deal could be struck!

We were the better side on the day, both in terms of effort and ability, and that we deserved the win is not in doubt, any the victory is gratefully taken however well we played.

However the hype surrounding the first win must not be allowed to mask that some pretty fundamental issues remain from the Charlton game, ie poor passing and an inability to defend as a cohesive unit. Soton had more possession during the game, possession we gave them in the majority of instances. As an attacking force our final delivery remains lacking and Hux was running down too many blind alleys. Our midfield sits too deep and Bentley in particular had too many defensive duties to enable him to be the attacking threat he could be. The same comment applies for Jonson in that role.

Against Southampton we held out, but more as a result of their appalling delivery (from their superior possession) rather than our defensive ability. Beatties goal was another soft one, you can question greeno but Beattie was all alone just outside the box - a covering defender would have made the shot impossible by either challenging or blocking Yes the team fought tooth and nail but in another game with opponents who can exploit the gaps we will lose again unless we address the defence. I am not talking about the chelseas of this world but the Fulhams.

Also the manager did not seem to identify that Mullers was visibly tiring during the last 20 mins and the introduction of Safri would have added extra impetus to our efforts.

For St Andrews we must stick with Mullers, his performance merited that, but still need to address Hux and the back 4. Fortunately it is birmingham so the defence may not be under that much threat but thats not really the point is it?

I dont think I am being negative as such, progress HAS been made in solving the obvious shortfalls in midfield, more stating the facts as I see them and confirming that more issues are outstanding and needing addressing by the manager.

OTBC

I agree with every thing you say Forum Guru. Yes the win on Saturday was fantastic but before we get carried away with the euphoria of it all lets remember that City were only just the better of two very, very poor teams.