Sign in to follow this  
Slade

Your resident Orient fan needs your opinion

Hello y''all, I''m the Orient fan who posted a bit around the game we beat you. And we stayed up! yay!!

Right, today we have signed Elliot Omozuzi, somehow. He was playing in the prem a year ago and now he''s with us. Unbelievable.

Is he any good, knowing he played 20 games for you?

Cheers xx

Played ok in the championship but does make mistakes and i didnt think even made an appearance for charlton. Worth a punt but dont expect nothing special

Good signing for you guys, never really cemented right back for us, showed glimpses of promise but he was during the Roeder era so was thrown from right back to centre half and even right wing sometimes.

Always gave me the impression that he was never that bothered, mind you there was a lot wrong with our club at that moment (Roeder) so hopefully he will finally be able to live up to the potential he has.BTW any further news on  Mkandawire and Daniels ?

Was pretty raw when he was here. He clearly had ability, but tended to ball watch and didn''t read the game very well. He got exposed quite badly at times when playing fullback and was probably more convincing when he played centre back. Decent pace and was highly thought of by Fulham at the time. At League One level I suspect his natural athleticism would get him out of a lot fo situations, so I suspect he''ll be a decent signing and I hope you guys have a great season.

As the lines between reality and the fantasy of FM2010 blur, you just confused the shite out of me - he''s been a regular for my Norwich team for almost two years now, L1 and Championship.In reality, he seemed like a decent raw talent who was never really given enough of a chance by the Loan Ranger, but I only saw a small handful of his appearances.

He was okay for us, did have a tendency to dive in and give penalties away at the start of his spell.  Looked better at centre back than right back.  I think in League One he will prove to be decent.

Had a few OK games for us but had more dodgy ones. Always gave me the impression that becuase he was from a Premiership team on loan he wasn''t that bothered playing for a Championship team.

As another poster says, that season was so wrong with a major reason being so many loan players, most of whom wern''t that good and lacked the desire and hunger of a full time player!

Should be capable of doing a job in League1 if he puts his mind to it!

A good talent who, if played regularly, will prove to be a good Championship level full back. At present, I think he''ll be a very capable league one full back. A very good capture for the Orient - and yet another player to add to Orient''s already impressive Norwich link!

I think there is potential there. The problem with us was that he came as a right back but because our squad was so poorly put together he often had to do a job in central defence where we were short. So being shunted into central defence alongside another full back (Jonathan Grounds) was never going to help him much. When he did get a chance at right back, the back line kept changing around him so they were never settled. I personally think he has the ability on his day to be a championship full back. So if you can get him playing its a great bit of business. Must mean that Cave Browns days are numbered though Slade?

To be honest I thought he was awful here and I contribute alot of that due to the fact that he blatantly couldn''t be bothered and thought he was better than he was. Bad attitude, seemed more interested in being out on the piss in the city than anything else. Not surprised he has been released by Fulham.

[quote user="Slade"]

Hello y''all, I''m the Orient fan who posted a bit around the game we beat you. And we stayed up! yay!!

Right, today we have signed Elliot Omozuzi, somehow. He was playing in the prem a year ago and now he''s with us. Unbelievable.

Cheers xx

[/quote]

Hello Slade,

Sorry to disagree with the most of the comments on here. I think Omosuzi is one of those players that has peaked early in career and will get no better. Talented? Maybe once. Fleet of foot? Yes. Fleet of brain? Almost certainly not. I think he’ll sink without trace in League 1.

He played centre back for City a couple of times and was involved in one clean sheet  which I thought was very fortuitous. But more often than not he looked like an accident waiting to happen so I’m thinking that right back is where he’ll fit in and not in the middle.

And if what I saw at Brisbane Road was how you’ll be playing under Russell Slade next season, you’ll be relying on your fullbacks to get the ball forward quickly to the front men, and whether a fullback whose supposed best quality is pace going forward is your best bet in more direct tactics, who knows?

If I had a £5 to bet on where his next professional contract will be after Brisbane Road, I''d wager it will be no higher than the Conference.

Good luck to the O’s and I hope you have a decent season, but in my opinion signing Omosuzi is not the best of starts for your new manager.

Hmm this is very very interesting stuff; understandably, our fans are jizzing their pants over this, big name for us etc and also he did play for you at a higher level than with us - only a one yr deal which suggests we are are stopgap for him, but a year is better than nothing i suppose.

This believe it or not was our 6th signing of close season, and a 7th (dean cox from brighton) followed omozuzi today, so Slade has got going, although they all have been underwheling except omozuzi such are Terrell fricking Forbes from Yeovil.

Jarvis signed another deal (whoop dee doo), hopefully he''ll get into double figs for next season (not counting on it tho), CaveBrown is gone! he got released prob cos he was cack. Jimmy Smith has been converted by Slade into holding mid and is still here.

you asked about any further news on Mkandawire and Daniels? well tam is 99% gone, slade said as much, and we''ve already signed 2 new centre backs, and you fellas are being touted along with millwall as strong possibilites for his signature. i''m gutted but it was inevitable, he is class.

daniels hasnt committed yet but hasnt left, i pray and hope he stays but i fear he''s a gonner too. jason demetriou, our shitty home grown winger went to the cypriot premier league today :O

x

You can’t always rate a short term loan player in the same way as a signed player as I believe they rarely give 100% especially when they have temporarily dropped a league or 2. Plus add the fact he was us under a widely disliked manager and its makes it even hard to judge him.

…but, he looked ok in a pretty shaky team. Fast and technically gifted although he was guilty of the odd lapse of concentration and his positional sense as a full but was strange at times (his centre back positioning looked a lot better). He was defo a centre back…and surprisingly strong considering he didn’t look that big.

He’s either going to fulfil his earlier promise (you rarely get a long run in the England youth set up if you’ve got now’t to offer), or he’s sliding down the rocky road to the conference as know one knows yet (although a few on here have (as they frequently do) decided his fate already? They must have a crystal ball or two, or live in a caravan or somethin’)?…I hope it’s the former for his and the O’s sake!

I have to add of all the games I went to last season I was most impressed with the “feel” of Brisbane Rd as it reminded my of football when I was a kid, its definitely had a charm. So if I get a chance and cant make a NCFC game I’ll try and pop up for a game as its only up the road from me…if only to p*ss of my Millwall/Chartlon/Arse/srpurs/Cheski mates a bit.  [:D]

Good luck for next season fella.

[quote user="Slade"]

Cheers xx

[/quote]Put it this way, a lot of us called him Omosnoozy. [;)]

watch the higlights of the relegation season and elliot gives away 4 penalties in 4 games...good luck.. you will need it!

[quote user="Slade"]Hmm this is very very interesting stuff; understandably, our fans are jizzing their pants over this, big name for us etc and also he did play for you at a higher level than with us - only a one yr deal which suggests we are are stopgap for him, but a year is better than nothing i suppose. This believe it or not was our 6th signing of close season, and a 7th (dean cox from brighton) followed omozuzi today, so Slade has got going, although they all have been underwheling except omozuzi such are Terrell fricking Forbes from Yeovil. Jarvis signed another deal (whoop dee doo), hopefully he''ll get into double figs for next season (not counting on it tho), CaveBrown is gone! he got released prob cos he was cack. Jimmy Smith has been converted by Slade into holding mid and is still here. you asked about any further news on Mkandawire and Daniels? well tam is 99% gone, slade said as much, and we''ve already signed 2 new centre backs, and you fellas are being touted along with millwall as strong possibilites for his signature. i''m gutted but it was inevitable, he is class. daniels hasnt committed yet but hasnt left, i pray and hope he stays but i fear he''s a gonner too. jason demetriou, our shitty home grown winger went to the cypriot premier league today :O x[/quote]

I think you''ve made a couple of good signings in Dean Cox and Alex Revell. Dean Cox is a handy midfielder in League 1 and Alex Revell scored some goals in a pretty poor Wycombe side.

Remember him being absolutely fantastic against Ipswich (i think) at home, apart from that he averaged between poor and ok.