Sign in to follow this  
Liam_SCFC

Help Justice Be Done

Hello everyone, Salisbury fan here!

Anyway, it has been difficult times for my club recently - last week we were told by the league we wouldn''t be eligible for membership to the league next season. This after we''ve battled a 10 point penalty for entering administration, finished 12th (would have been 6th) with the youngest side in the league & improved out finances greatly under a new board!

Thought I''d also point out that the person who had a say in this was Forest Green Rovers'' Rep, chair of the board & his club will stay up as a result

Please help make me and other ''Whites'' happy by joining our petition:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=128570467155691

Thanks

All support is much appreciated!

Fair play for making a stance for your team, nice to see people supporting lower league teams with passion.

Good luck :)

No sympathy from me to be honest, if your club gets itself in trouble because it overspends and gets into debt which it can''t afford then you can''t complain about the rules. The same way that when Norwich were in financial difficulties back in the mid-90s but struggled on the pitch and paid debts off - rather than going into administration and cheating their way out as at Ipswich and Leicester.

As a coach at non-league level, and one who has come up against Salisbury in recent years I can''t say I''m happy to see the situation they are in, but the club have nobody else but themselves to blame - just like Kings Lynn.

Good luck in the Southern League next year, maybe setting a wage bill you can actually afford will do you good in the long run!

[quote user="Essex_Canary"]

No sympathy from me to be honest, if your club gets itself in trouble because it overspends and gets into debt which it can''t afford then you can''t complain about the rules. The same way that when Norwich were in financial difficulties back in the mid-90s but struggled on the pitch and paid debts off - rather than going into administration and cheating their way out as at Ipswich and Leicester.

As a coach at non-league level, and one who has come up against Salisbury in recent years I can''t say I''m happy to see the situation they are in, but the club have nobody else but themselves to blame - just like Kings Lynn.

Good luck in the Southern League next year, maybe setting a wage bill you can actually afford will do you good in the long run!

[/quote]

I think that''s a bit unfair, I mean he''s just a fan, he didn''t get his club into this mess. Anyway it''d be alright for us to pointout their faults etc. if we''d been in their position and felt their pain, but we haven''t. That guy is obviously very passionate about his club and deserves some admiration, he also has some faith in usas fans to support his cause and I think it''s only fair for us too help him cause frankly we''d want the same if we were in that position.

[quote user="Liam_SCFC"]Hello everyone, Salisbury fan here!

Anyway, it has been difficult times for my club recently - last week we were told by the league we wouldn''t be eligible for membership to the league next season. This after we''ve battled a 10 point penalty for entering administration, finished 12th (would have been 6th) with the youngest side in the league & improved out finances greatly under a new board!

Thought I''d also point out that the person who had a say in this was Forest Green Rovers'' Rep, chair of the board & his club will stay up as a result

Please help make me and other ''Whites'' happy by joining our petition:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=128570467155691

Thanks

All support is much appreciated![/quote]I for one  understand what your going through as my  second team Nuneaton BORO was  demoted  two leagues two years ago for financial problems as well having to change  the name  to Nuneaton Town (STILL THE BORO) to me and  other  Nuneaton fans though, yet despite this the club turned  everything around  and have  won promtion in the two following years and are now back where they got demoted  from, I can remember Nuneaton playing  salisbury at the old manor park ground di you ever  go there ?http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/north-warwickshire-news/2008/04/21/nuneaton-borough-boss-speaks-of-financial-crisis-92746-20795610/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_conf/8658935.stmThey won the  Birmingham senoir cup as well this season

so if that is of some encouragement for you then thats great news