Sign in to follow this  
bristol_canary

goodbye Rusty?

I''d presume that is the reason as well. However, can Fox play at the bottom of the diamond and break up play

He certainly doesn''t seem to score many.

Just posted this on another thread but have just heard from a person who used to work at the club but still has connections there, that Rusty wants to leave Norwich. Not sure of his destination, but he wants to move on.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Just posted this on another thread but have just heard from a person who used to work at the club but still has connections there, that Rusty wants to leave Norwich. Not sure of his destination, but he wants to move on.[/quote]

I wonder if it could be Leeds by any chance? ;)

That''s not set in stone, Leeds are one of three clubs that want him. One has officially tabled bid, other two appear to be waiting in wings apparently.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]That''s not set in stone, Leeds are one of three clubs that want him. One has officially tabled bid, other two appear to be waiting in wings apparently.[/quote]How can they officially table a bid when he''s a free agent? [:^)]

Exactly LIU.

Unless we convincingly show Rusty that his place is secure and that it will be Jones, Gill etc shown the door, why would he stay here?

The only problem I have with that oucome is we''re not a very tall side as it is - so why go buying more midgets.

Even if players are free agents they have to bid for them, offering the best deals. Signing on fees, bonuses etc. Obviously they make these bids through play agents, as we all know.

Sorry, no i didnt include us. Leeds are the only named club so far. The other two are championship clubs. Rumoured that one of the other clubs has just been relegated from Prem so could be Hull, Burnley or Portsmouth. Seeing as Pompey don''t have a manager, it must be Burnley or Hull. I remember Burnley being interested before but they had a different manager then.

so we have quite a few CM''s atm. We have

Gill and OTJ almost certain to leave possibility of loan moves for one but id say both wont stay.

Smith an energetic engine kind of player

Russel the ball winner and claud makalele type of player

Hughes and Fox seem to be the cultured players that will make us tick with passing.

Crofts i dont know much about but is attacking i think.

Our diamond system uses 3 centre midfielders i would say, a defensive midfielder and two standard CM''S. That indicates to me that if Russel goes we may have to sign another midfielder if we wanted to play the diamond. Or that Lamber believes Smith can be our holding player perhaps.

Out of the other two CMs i think will use a combination of fox/hughes and crofts, cultured players. I can see a situation where we dont actually start with one recognised wide player.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]He''s more of ball player than Russell though, possibly a replacement for Gill and Tudor-Jones.
[/quote]

Was going to say the same. I really don''t want Russell to go, but if he does, I trust Lambert to find a suitable replacement. And if Fox is a more of an attacking player, could he play right or left mid? With Hoolahan playing, i guess we''re going to have to play the diamond? If so, we''ve only got Hoolahan at the moment who is assured in one of the places of that diamond. Lappin isn''t good enough for Champ in my opinion, and Smith could play Right mid, but little inexperienced. So could Fox be one for the Left mid position? Or if Fox more of a centre mid? I don''t even know much about him yet, so can''t really comment. [:-#]