Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Video of David Fox press conference

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]Looked very good when he played at Carrow Road at the end of the season (for whoever it was, he was on loan somewhere?!)[/quote]

That was Perkins that went out on loan to Stockport.

[quote user="matt crowhurst"][quote user="morty"]Where is all of this leaving Wes?Are these signings an indication we''re going to ditch the diamond and play 4-4-2 next season?I''m very, very intrigued to see what steps out on the first day of the season![/quote]think if anything morty is shows we are going to have 3 in midfield with wes in the hole and no wingers[/quote]Quite possibly lol.We certainly have all options covered apart from width so that would seem to be about the best guess!

i would guess at the minute it means crofts as the holding player, fox on the left and smith on the right as first choice midfield or switch crofts for russell if he stays

Also a big plus i guess that he has played with Wes before and knows what makes wes tick etc which i am sure must have played a part in signing him too

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]

That was Perkins that went out on loan to Stockport

Oh right - so it''s not the one with the silly hair?

[/quote]Not sure albino''s appreciate their hair being called silly.

[quote user="Big Bad John"]5 ft 9 in'' Apparently. With Crofts at 5 ft 8 in'', we seem to be losing a lot of height in the midfield.Also he''s described as a "good passer of the ball", part of the reson behind bringing him in. With so many midfielders now, could it be that Stephen Hughes is being shipped out? May be reading to much into that though, admittedly.[/quote]As a professional footballer that could well come in handy........

can anyone tell me which plugin is required to watch videos on the main site? can''t seem to find it, cheers

We currently use streaming Windows Media (we are switching to Flash video later this year).

If you have a PC, the easiest thing is to get Windows Media Player - although if you are running Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7, this should work already.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/versions.aspx

If you have a Mac, you need to install the Windows Media components for Quicktime.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/wmcomponents.mspx

If you''re runing Linux you can use things such as MPlayer or VLC.

Lambkins does seem a bit relaxed about everything doesn''t he? He''s quite pally with Fox. Nice to see him let his guard down for a change.

Thanks pete, think it may be due to using google chrome, am currently watching the video on internet explorer and it''s fine

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]The download Pete recommended for Mac doesn''t appear to have made any difference. Any ideas?[/quote]

Afraid not as we''re all on PCs here, although I do recall someone recommending Flip4Mac.

Hopefully a fellow Mac user on here can assist....

This does come as a suprise,firstly i didn''t think we would be doing bussiness with you guys and secondly i personaly don''t think Fox is good enough for the Championship. I may be wrong in my judgement in him but he couldn''t get into our side last year so how he is going to get into yours i have no idea. We signed him on a free from Blackpool last summer because he wasn''t gettin into their side in the championship so he has been a member of a squad at that level.

[quote user="cufcone"]This does come as a suprise,firstly i didn''t think we would be doing bussiness with you guys and secondly i personaly don''t think Fox is good enough for the Championship. I may be wrong in my judgement in him but he couldn''t get into our side last year so how he is going to get into yours i have no idea. We signed him on a free from Blackpool last summer because he wasn''t gettin into their side in the championship so he has been a member of a squad at that level.[/quote]Lol, I didn''t think we''d be doing business with you either!Lambert knows what he''s doing, I think we all pretty much trust him to get the right type of players in.

[quote] I may be wrong in my judgement in him but he couldn''t get into our side

last year so how he is going to get into yours i have no idea.[/quote]Was he getting into Lamberts'' first 11 when he was at Colchester ?  Just wondering if he sees something that Boothroyd didn''t ?

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I think it was just an excuse to give your club some more money.[/quote]Interesting, and quite possible.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote] I may be wrong in my judgement in him but he couldn''t get into our side last year so how he is going to get into yours i have no idea.[/quote]

Was he getting into Lamberts'' first 11 when he was at Colchester ?  Just wondering if he sees something that Boothroyd didn''t ?
[/quote]

He played against you lot in the first game and against Yeovil the week after but that was the only two games that Lambert was there for as we signed Fox that summer. But then again it doesn''t matter who is in midfield for Boothroyd as they never see the ball as its always 30 feet above their heads....

[quote user="morty"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I think it was just an excuse to give your club some more money.[/quote]

Interesting, and quite possible.

[/quote]

Its simple Col u..Boothy didnt play ball players..Lambert signed him for you and at our ground he was very effective in the passing game(was hoping someone would mark him out of game!)

Welcome to the club David hopefully a good addition to the squad, certainly something that we have not got in our make-up at the moment. Unproven in some senses at this level but the main man obviously sees something in him.

I remember when NCISA had their AGM earlier in the season and David McNally was the main guest but Lambert turned up and spoke very highly of David Fox then & what a cracking little player he was, a playmaker  & a good short passer possibly a "poor mans Paul Scholes?!". Lets see what the guy can do, could be a good bit of business. Funny how Paul Lambert mentioned two players that night and both now are in the yellow & green the other being Anthony MacNamee........ 

[quote user="cufcone"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote] I may be wrong in my judgement in him but he couldn''t get into our side last year so how he is going to get into yours i have no idea.[/quote]Was he getting into Lamberts'' first 11 when he was at Colchester ?  Just wondering if he sees something that Boothroyd didn''t ?[/quote]

He played against you lot in the first game and against Yeovil the week after but that was the only two games that Lambert was there for as we signed Fox that summer. But then again it doesn''t matter who is in midfield for Boothroyd as they never see the ball as its always 30 feet above their heads....

[/quote]I remember people suggesting that we might like reclining chairs in the stands when Worthington was manager... [:)]