Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Video of David Fox press conference

I don''t know if this is today''s signing, but I''ve heard from a few sources that Fraser Forster''s loan deal was put on hold as the possibility came about that we could actually sign him on a permanent deal. He turned down Leeds which is why they went for Kasper apparently.

I posted this the other day in reply to another Press Conference thread. Hope it comes off for us.

[quote user="First Wizard"]It still makes a refreshing experience with these early signings though.[Y][/quote]

Indeed it is Wiz,whatever happened to those days when Doomcaster told us that no transfer business was done at this time of year as managers and agents had there phones switched off due to holidays and that anyway players contracts did not run out until 30th June?

I see Lamberts wants most things out of the way by 1st July.

http://www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/norwich-city/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED04+Jun+2010+10:33:55:097

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

whatever happened to those days when Doomcaster told us that no transfer business was done at this time of year as managers and agents had there phones switched off due to holidays [/quote]

Must be a sign of the recession, they all had to stay at home this year perhaps? Afterall, the alternative explanation is that Mr D was not always being totally straight with us...

I think it is great for fans that we do not have to sit through 8 weeks of off season with nothing to get excited about.

That said, think you can only call it the right way to do it if it brings the results next season. I will not pre-judge any players PL brings in, but nor will I pre-judge his transfer dealings.

The good thing about this is, he''s identified his targets and gone after them early. Whether they are the right players, we will find out next season.

My friend is a Daggers fan and this is what he emailed me about Taiwo (if indeed it is him who we have signed today)"Taiwo was awesome, and I think he''s still only 20ish

isn''t he? I saw him score probably the best goal I''ve ever seen at

Victoria Road the year before last in the Carling Cup game against

Championship side Reading.  "I would have thought it would be a good

move for you if he can adapt to playing regularly at a higher level. He

went to Cardiff I think but I haven''t heard anything about him since

he left."

I hope it''s someone else, although i''d settle for Forster. I love suprises. [:)]

Taiwo hasn''t played regularly for Cardiff due to double knee surgery. From a Cardiff supporting friend he said he looked decent before the injury but not the same afterwards. He said given match practice and a chance to regain fitness, he wouldn''t be surprised if he turned out to be a good signing for us.

[quote user="City penguin"]david fox according to somone on 606.[/quote]who?.............thought you meant ruel fox for a minutehttp://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39745000/jpg/_39745569_ruelfox270.jpgroooooel!, roooooel!samantha fox?.....good up front i reckonhttp://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/310000/images/_312910_sam-fox150.jpg

[quote user="lordyfan"][quote user="City penguin"]david fox according to somone on 606.[/quote]

who?.............thought you meant ruel fox for a minute

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39745000/jpg/_39745569_ruelfox270.jpg

roooooel!, roooooel!

samantha fox?.....good up front i reckon

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/310000/images/_312910_sam-fox150.jpg

[/quote]

ive heard shes good at playing at the back.

Here goes Lambert, McNally and Bowkett dragging their feet again. Why don''t they get on with things?

Seriously, are other Clubs getting players in early or are we an exception?

Another thought, are Norwich getting players in so they have plenty of time to ship players out? The alternative is to get stuck with what you have got.....familiar practice in recent years.

I think PL wants to get them in in time for pre-season so he''s got all the players he wants to work with in place already. Also, by doing it early he can then go away on holiday and have a relaxing break maybe. I just don''t know.

Lambo is trying to get as many players in as he can before pre-season training on July 1st. Excellent stuff, it''s exactly what we need to be doing. Like all the new signings, I''ll reserve judgment until a few games into the season. But Lambert has barely put a foot wrong with his recruitment thus far, so I think these folks on paper make pretty good additions. As I''ve said before though, we absolutely NEED Forster. Thankfully, all the signs are pointing to this happening in future, if not today.

Been speaking to my mate at Cardiff again, he said he mainly played Carling Cup when he did play and one game he was so poor they began to just stop passing to him. Hopefully he just needs a fresh start should it be him signing.

Unrelated to us but still thought some might find this of interest. Joe Ledley is apparently in talks with Roma, already been over there to check out the facilities. Seems unbelievable but is true. Never thought he was [i]that[/i] good.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Another thought, are Norwich getting players in so they have plenty of time to ship players out? The alternative is to get stuck with what you have got.....familiar practice in recent years.[/quote]

Very good point, I had not looked at it that way. Normally teams like to free up players and players wages to see how much kitty there is for new player but I guess they are doing it the other way.