Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Video of David Fox press conference

[quote user="canary_girl"]Taiwo maybe?[/quote]probably,was reported to be on his way for a medical earlier this week. Would love it to be frazer though

Is it bad of already hoping that if Taiwo gets sent off for us, a paper goes with the headline.  "Twit Taiwo"... sorry.  :) 

[quote user="The Chirp"]Is it bad of already hoping that if Taiwo gets sent off for us, a paper goes with the headline.  "Twit Taiwo"... sorry.  :)  [/quote]

very good!

Am I the only person unable to feel any enthusiasm over the prospect of signing Solomon Taiwo? If he couldn''t hold down a regular place in the Cardiff team, why would PL want him?

Please can someone tell me something that would explain this signing.....If of course, as most peaople seem to think, it is going to be Taiwo.

After the other day when we were all certain iit was Taiwo signing... and Smith was unveiled... this could be anybody! Lets hope for Forster permanent along with Ranger''s season long loan!

"Would we call a Presser just for Tiawo who we know will be signing anyway?"

Er... yeah!

I love it when there is a Press Conference.... start getting all excited! :)

[quote user="First Jedi"]"Would we call a Presser just for Tiawo who we know will be signing anyway?"

Er... yeah!

I love it when there is a Press Conference.... start getting all excited! :)[/quote]I get all my housework done early just so I can sit down in front of my laptop and monitor the situation. There is a certain feeling of kids at Christmas about it. [Y]

Absolutely!

I tend to refresh the pinkun - waiting for the 15 threads on the same subject to inevitably pop-up! :)

If it is Taiwo you have to give the bloke a chance,don''t knock the guy before he kicks a ball,some players need a change to kick start their careers,i do love a good press conference thread lets hope it''s Forster,what a start to the weekend that would be.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

If it is Taiwo you have to give the bloke a chance,don''t knock the guy before he kicks a ball,some players need a change to kick start their careers,i do love a good press conference thread lets hope it''s Forster,what a start to the weekend that would be.

[/quote]

agreed, while he may not be the big name signing of FF but we have reason to trust Paul Lambert. I think he was injured for most of cardiffs season not sure how correct that is.

There is quality on the benches of the championship some players just dont work out at clubs for whatever reason, there is also quality in the lower leagues.

I''m not gonna make my mind up on Taiwo yet, he like all the others deserves a chance before we can judge. But I do agree the whole signing itself seems ridiculous. I would happily have another player in any other position (except LB maybe) but central midfield is absolutely brimming with players, bearing in mind we have a couple of youth players who will be wantigng to compete too. This must surely indicate Russell''s departure, or at least the sale of both Tudur Jones and Gill, either way I guess we''re just gonna have to trust that big Scotsman [:)]

Can''t believe how quick Lambert is! This time last season we hadn''t even made our first signing!For the sake of having the squad for next season collectively assembled before training and having first say over important players in the market, it just seems like the utterly reasonable thing to do. That, rather than having a holiday and dealing in the latter stages, where you''re bringing in the leftovers, introducing new players into the squad half way through a tour in Scotland or the Netherlands.I grimace at the attitude of previous regimes, while i now see Lambert showing such stout professionalism in his role. This is how it should be done.

"No one does business at this end of the market" Doncaster. I could weep.

Can''t see it being anyone but Taiwo. I agree we can''t judge him until he''s had a decent run in the first team. I like the fact that Lambo is looking for a mix of experienced pros at this level aswell as a few relatively unknown gems. In Lambo we trust.

[quote user="Big Bad John"]Can''t believe how quick Lambert is! This time last season we hadn''t even made our first signing!

For the sake of having the squad for next season collectively assembled before training and having first say over important players in the market, it just seems like the utterly reasonable thing to do. That, rather than having a holiday and dealing in the latter stages, where you''re bringing in the leftovers, introducing new players into the squad half way through a tour in Scotland or the Netherlands.

I grimace at the attitude of previous regimes, while i now see Lambert showing such stout professionalism in his role. This is how it should be done.

"No one does business at this end of the market" Doncaster. I could weep.
[/quote]

Spot on,it''s so good to see the club doing it the way it should be done,[:D]