Sign in to follow this  
Its only my opinion

Norwich fans that livein norwich?

Sorry, freddyf105 - typo, meant Berkshire and it came out all wrong.

You''ve got to admit though, some attitudes around here are a bit prehistoric, and I''m not just talking about John Redwood who is the carven product of an alien visitation around 2,000 BC, worshipped by our ancestors then mummified until his re-release in the 70s after they dug up his local burial site while making Reading''s IDR.

[quote user="GenerationA47"]

Sorry, freddyf105 - typo, meant Berkshire and it came out all wrong.

You''ve got to admit though, some attitudes around here are a bit prehistoric, and I''m not just talking about John Redwood who is the carven product of an alien visitation around 2,000 BC, worshipped by our ancestors then mummified until his re-release in the 70s after they dug up his local burial site while making Reading''s IDR.

[/quote]

Personally I''ve always thought he looks a bit like a vampire. What got me is how he gained votes at this election even after he spent something like 10 grand in expenses and was being challenged by the likes of Mark Ashwell. Anyway Wokingham is getting worse and worse, more houses, more of those crappy chain restaurants, less decent shops [:(] Whereabouts in Berkshire do you live?

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Lived in Rotherham most of my life, no links in any way to Norwich but made the choice when I was 7 to support a team and as previously mentioned - didn''t want to be a glory hunter, so watched a few MOTD''s and liked what I saw of Norwich and as they say - the rest is history.

You''d be amazed at the reactions from people round here when you tell them you''re a Norwich fan, you''d think you''ve grown a second head or something :)
[/quote]

Indy - where about in Rotherham are you.  I am also Rotherham born and bred.....been following City since I was 9 in 1981 when they played Rotherham at Millmoor first game of season....Rotherham ran out 4-1 winners despite City scoring in first minute (Ross Jack if memory serves).

Rich

Born in King''s Lynn. Also brought up on United, but after attending a Norwich game there was simply only one team for me.

"Where...Berks...live"

Just PMd you, Mr 105, with some additional fascinating socio-political commentary and local references too hot (=boring) for this board. Problem you''ve got is, with some urban exceptions the only force competing with JR''s party round most parts of this region is... the party who''s in government with them.

"he...bit...vampire"

I happen to live next to a cemetery so I''ll keep an eye out for politicians emerging after dark... thanks for the tip, potentially! In other news, that rather entertaining radio 5 wag Richard Bacon saw fit to read out an ''amusing'' text of mine last month which used the very real connection between my place of abode and a recent (comedy though, not horror) film to make a jest not really worth repeating.

"Wokingham...worse...worse"

We''ll just have to console ourselves with thoughts of moving (back) to God''s own county - in the meantime let''s start a party down the MadStad when the Norwich come to town to avenge those recent past embarrassments.

born and live in Dublin, Ireland! Followed Norwich since I can remember, I think it was the allure of the bright colours when I was a kid! You should see the reaction when I say I support norwich over here! There are not many people who support anyone bar Liverpool and Man Utd and a few straglers of other clubs!! [:)]

Nice one, Irish... the more the merrier. The Republic''s my firm second team internationally - but can''t say I know enough about club football over there to pick a team. Who would be/is your favoured local club (and which sport(s)?!)?

Norwich born n bred though dads family including dad down saff and mum born a liverbird and brought up in hereford..So had choices until dad installed into me the need to be LOYAL to the place you come from unless it isnt a footballing place,then you can choose who you like..Anyone who supports another team but comes from norwich is a traitor...Like supporting france in the world cup when born in England..

The name norwich represents the city of norwich

The name liverpool represents liverpool..Simples eh...

Support another team then you are a glory hunting plastic traitor(a spurs fan in other words!)

Born North Walsham...... dad in the RAF so lived all over the place.

Dad told me when I was young... support Norwich or live in the shed! Did the same to my kids!

My oldest lad is 12 and has been to over 50 league grounds watching the mighty yellas!!

[quote user="GenerationA47"]Nice one, Irish... the more the merrier. The Republic''s my firm second team internationally - but can''t say I know enough about club football over there to pick a team. Who would be/is your favoured local club (and which sport(s)?!)?[/quote]

[Y] Well generation, the standard of football in the leagues here is not great anymoe, I just personally have never followed it too closely, some decent teams, (shamrock rovers v real madrid was a classic) and some good players come through the leagues ( wes hoolahan of course [:)] , he played with shelbourne!) but most good players get snapped up by english teams while still very young. I bumped into Denis Wise when he was leeds manager in the pub over here a couple of seasons ago (was funny as my othere half''s dad is a leeds supporter) so he was talking to him and thats why he was here apparantly.

I follow Dublin ( in GAA our national sport, not sure if your too familiar with this) and Leinster in rugby! but when it comes to football its just the canaries all the way! [B]

Live in Hoveton now, although wasn''t born in Norfolk. Didn''t like football really until I saw Gabriel Batitstuta playing for Fiorentina on the old Italian Football shows that were on. Was living in Great Ellingham at the time and Florence was a little far to go and watch a game so my dad, a Hibernian fan, used to take me to Carrow Road can''t say I enjoyed it at first but all the time the yellow and green was slowly working it''s way into my heart. Then at the age of 10 we reached the play off final and somewhere along the way I fell in love and haven''t looked back.

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"]Live in Hoveton now, although wasn''t born in Norfolk. Didn''t like football really until I saw Gabriel Batitstuta playing for Fiorentina on the old Italian Football shows that were on. Was living in Great Ellingham at the time and Florence was a little far to go and watch a game so my dad, a Hibernian fan, used to take me to Carrow Road can''t say I enjoyed it at first but all the time the yellow and green was slowly working it''s way into my heart. Then at the age of 10 we reached the play off final and somewhere along the way I fell in love and haven''t looked back.[/quote]

Actually looking back at it, I used to watch the Italian Football as my dad recorded it, I have no idea if the games I watched back then were even recently played. A whole lot of videos of games and highlights of football from around the world my dad has so could well have been watching games from various seasons.

born in Norwich, live in Norwich and will probably die in Norwich..altho not just yet eh, lets at least win the european cup first.