Sign in to follow this  
ROBFLECK

For all the doubters on here

I rate Lambert''s decision making highly... "There not proven blahblah blah"... Why don''t you wait untill you''ve seen them play? Holt is not a proven championship player but I think he''ll do great! Same for Korey, Chris Martin,....

I think it is smart to sign players who you really know/think are going to giver their everything for you! Much better policy then just looking at their name and track record. That''s all in the past and they''ll want high wages because of that.

I trust our manager''s view on football. Wouldn''t like to see Russell go, but that''s out of our hands...

I think that''s fair enough, but I still feel, like others I guess, that it would be nice to have a new player to get excited about. I''m sure that these are competent players coming in but it''s hard to know whether they will suddenly sparkle next year or turn out to be another Eliot or Rose, neither of whom added much value. When you see Leeds getting Paynter on a free and Millwall bidding for Austin, these signings seem a little lightweight to me but who knows, they may bloom the way Clingan did when he arrived. It''s just hard to say.

Lambert began by talking about 3 or 4 new players and we now already have 4, two defenders and two CMFs with Taiwo another possible CMF. It suggests that the transfer budget doesn''t amount to much unless Lambert has someone up his sleeve to wow us as a back-up for Holt and/or Martin - like Austin and Tommy Smith from Portsmouth, but they already look to be going elsewhere. At the moment, it seems more like consolidation than ambition, but I hope I''m wrong! OTBC! 

It happens every summer. The simple truth is, they could all either be fantastic or laughably poor. They simply cannot be judged until a few games into the season. There''s also form, injuries and future suspensions to take into account. It''s impossible to predict how it will all pan out. Even the most educated of guesses from previous pre-seasons will barely get predictions right. What baffles me is when people predict entire league tables before a ball has been kicked. Fair enough, it''s a fun way to pass the time, but there are so many things to take into account with each club and with the very nature of the Championship division itself, it''s just impossible to predict. What I will say, is hat on paper I''m pleased with Lambert''s signings. So far we''ve picked up Brighton''s best player who is also a Welsh international, a highly rated defender from Coventry, a defender from Rangers who has played in some big games in the past and now someone who helped to destroy us last season on that opening game. If you''d have offered me this a few weeks ago, I''d have taken it. Plus, we''re still only a few weeks removed from the League One title celebrations. There''s still plenty of time to bring in even more new faces. I''m still crossing my fingers for Forster.

It happens every summer. - Superflash

What happens every OTHER summer, though, is we don''t sign anyone other than some scrub until way later. Lambert is aggressive and I so much prefer this approach to building a team than the usual one of taking who ever''s left.

Lambert is a good young manager and without him you could have still been in L1 now so you have to trust his judgement. Also Norwich have budget constraints and may not be able to match the wages offered by other clubs.

Even Real Madrid have discovered recruiting a team of expensive ''Galacticos'' does not work 100% of the time!

Mourinho has been brought in to shift the way they go about things there; PL and Norwich (albeit on a smaller scale) is not dissimilar.

PL gets into the players hearts and minds - and keeps it simple. Seems a good recipe to me!