Sign in to follow this  
NavMan

All is not lost

Today West Brom got beat at home and next week are away to Arsenal.  Palace play Newcastle and Birmingham and Blackburn play each other with Fulham away to Everton so just maybe if we can get the three points it would take us to within a couple of points of a few teams.  It is just getting the three points that is the problem.

[quote]Today West Brom got beat at home and next week are away to Arsenal. Palace play Newcastle and Birmingham and Blackburn play each other with Fulham away to Everton so just maybe if we can get the thre...[/quote]

Sorry to disagree with you Nav Man, but we need more than ifs, but''s and maybe''s, yes?.

But I do of course, take your point.

Yeah I know we do Wiz but we must have something to cling onto don''t you think.  Come next Sat night when we have probably been beaten by Saints (shows you what confidence the team has given us supporters) and Palace have beaten Newcastle and West Brom got a surprise victory at Highbury I will probably sit back and think what a prat I was for even thinking such things that prompted this post.

Its not only getting the first 3 points , to stay up we will need to win about 10 games , can anybody name 10 we will win not looking good at all. We have wasted 3 chances against Palace ,Portsmouth and Blackburn at home they just dont come any easier than that.

All is not lost as we are obviously far from being relegated whilst teams above us fail to go on winning runs. However, at the game on Saturday the defence that had looked so solid earlier in the season was in disarray, Huckerby on the wing made us horribly exposed on the left, Holt played like a man in the wrong glasses and Leon and Sven proved, that unlike the Charlton forwards and midfielders, they are not Premiership finishers. In addition the controlled spirit that we had in earlier games has been replaced by either a chaotic desperation when at tempo or in slower parts of the game, everybody wearing diver''s boots and blindfolds.

Unfortunately, on form and ability, this was probably almost the best side we can put out besides, perhaps, Saffri and Shackell. I think we are therefore probably already doomed unless some amazing motivational action or event happens soon. Shame isn''t it, we were all so full of hope.   

PS. Ward looked rickety too!

I agree that Ward looky shaky and has made me re-think my should we sell Greeno post.However I dont think we will need to win 10 to stay up - 7 is a must with a good number of draws - it will be a record low points tally to stay up this season.OTBC

Hey Wiz,

It may have been a lot of ifs and buts as you suggested but I virtually got it spot on.  Like I said there is always hope.