Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

Adam Le Fondre - Deal to be done with a championship club

http://www.rotherhamunited-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/no_deal_done_for_alfie__agent_530786/index.shtml

He is a very good lower league player. If he is up to it in the Championship, who knows?

But he is probably one of those worth taking a chance on especially if he is only backup.

He was virtually non existent in the play off at Wembley. Did he freeze in the big match atmosphere?

Bit risky for me, a big step up.

It doesn''t make sense really. He''d obviusly be a really good buy and I can''t see him costing to much, why wouldn''t we go for him?! It''s a bit like Lee Barnard, back in January he seemed lik an obvious target to go for bu we didn''t...

[quote user="Canarygeorge"]He was virtually non existent in the play off at Wembley. Did he freeze in the big match atmosphere?

Bit risky for me, a big step up.[/quote]A bit like Grant Holt was non existent for Shrewsbury in their play off final? [;)]

He''s only ever had 1 season above League 2 level in his career and scored just 4 goals that year, not sure we can really gamble on bringing in yet another player with no record above League 2 level.