Sign in to follow this  
Chris.

Dont bite but...

A bloke posted this...

I am good friends with someone who knows Ian Culverhouse quite well and he told me that Norwich have made a bids for David Fox from Col U and Nicky Bailey.

This was before anything came out.. I''m just really posting this because he went on to say Forsters deal is on delay as they are in negotiation for a perm deal.

Dont have a go its just very intresting hearing about Forster.

Thought i would share.

[quote user="Herbie"]A bloke posted this...

I am good friends with someone who knows Ian Culverhouse quite well and he told me that Norwich have made a bids for David Fox from Col U and Nicky Bailey.

This was before anything came out.. I''m just really posting this because he went on to say Forsters deal is on delay as they are in negotiation for a perm deal.

Dont have a go its just very intresting hearing about Forster.

Thought i would share.[/quote]Exclusive[;)]

The info would have been more appreciated before the signing of Fox...i do hope this is true tho

Not sure Newcastle would sell FF tho...if they did im sure they would want £1-£1.5 million...i dont think we have that sort of money...but ya never know

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

The info would have been more appreciated before the signing of Fox...i do hope this is true tho

Not sure Newcastle would sell FF tho...if they did im sure they would want £1-£1.5 million...i dont think we have that sort of money...but ya never know

[/quote]Wasn''t it floating around that Newcastle wanted 700,000 for him?

I''m not convinced it would be a wise investment anyway. With Rudd and Steer on the bench how many England keepers do we need? Get Fraser back for one more season definitely if we can, but then let''s use our home grown resources.

[quote user="NCFC-47"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[/quote]

Wasn''t it floating around that Newcastle wanted 700,000 for him?
[/quote]well if thats the true figure...we should find that money some how...he will be good for 10-15 points nxt season

[quote user="Nuff Said"]I''m not convinced it would be a wise investment anyway. With Rudd and Steer on the bench how many England keepers do we need? Get Fraser back for one more season definitely if we can, but then let''s use our home grown resources.
[/quote]for £700k i would bite there arm off...even if we had or did sell later for a GOOD profit

Newcastle have said that they need to sell before they can buy, so I suppose this is possible. Be great news if it is true, as long as we can still buy some attacking players as well! [;)]

http://www.football-rumours.com/

You will have to scroll down mate. There alot of bullsh** to dig through !!

Wouldn''t read into this at all. The article reads "Norwich have made a bids for David Fox" which was posted at 1:40pm today despite him already being unveiled an hour and 40 minutes before that haha, nice attempt to whoever did it though...

I would snap NUFC arms off if they wanted 700k for FF, we can always sell him, Rudd or Steer in the future.

if we get Fraser in .

loan the other 2 out , then sell one .

we should have done that with Joe lewis .

Joe is worth more money now , so is Chris martin.

we should keep hold of young players with something about them and use the loan system to our advantage .

Think we can stretch to a million or so for somebody with the obvious future value of Fraser, bit like buying a house, you''re not losing your money, just changing it from numbers into 6 and a half feet of class. Should be going all out to get him, no other player with his potential is within our grasp.

RE-Nicky Bailey. I think you`ll find he`s signed for Norwich already

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicky_Bailey

[quote user="Nuff Said"]I''m not convinced it would be a wise investment anyway. With Rudd and Steer on the bench how many England keepers do we need? Get Fraser back for one more season definitely if we can, but then let''s use our home grown resources.
[/quote]

What??

Forster (I find it cringeworthy fans calling players by their first names who they''ve never met before!) was absolute classs last season and a major factor in the title win!

For £700,000 I''d of thought Norwich will write the cheque out ASAP!

I''m all for using home grown resources but if the chance to get a special talent comes along then you don''t turn it down!

Anyway its not set in stone that Rudd and particularly Steer whos never played in the 1st team will make it though I''d give Rudd a very good chance!

Its like Norwich pinning their hopes on Adeyemi making it but the truth is unless he improves he won''t make it with us and you can say the same about Whitbread!

With Forster you''d get a player whos proved himself and is good enough now. The club saw too much of that pinning their hopes on players like the Jarvis bros and Henderson when they clearly were probably never going to be good enough! 

[quote user="singing canary"]if we get Fraser in . loan the other 2 out , then sell one . we should have done that with Joe lewis . Joe is worth more money now , so is Chris martin. we should keep hold of young players with something about them and use the loan system to our advantage .[/quote]

We should have loaned out Joe Lewis and sold him? So his loans to Stockport and Morcambe dont count then? And his transfer to Peterborough doesn''t count as selling him?

Loaning out Joe Lewis and then selling him was precisely what we did, and we did it precisely wrong too since he was better than the crock of shite we had between the sticks at the time. 

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

What??

Forster (I find it cringeworthy fans calling players by their first names who they''ve never met before!) was absolute classs last season and a major factor in the title win!

I''m all for using home grown resources but if the chance to get a special talent comes along then you don''t turn it down!

Anyway its not set in stone that Rudd and particularly Steer whos never played in the 1st team will make it though I''d give Rudd a very good chance!

Its like Norwich pinning their hopes on Adeyemi making it but the truth is unless he improves he won''t make it with us and you can say the same about Whitbread!

With Forster you''d get a player whos proved himself and is good enough now. The club saw too much of that pinning their hopes on players like the Jarvis bros and Henderson when they clearly were probably never going to be good enough! 

[/quote]

Ryan Jarvis could have made the grade if Worthington knew how to harness the ability of youngsters, he was clueless in that respect. Ryan came through the system and then played nothing more than a cameo role for four years before being sent out for his first loan spell. If he was good enough to make his City debut at 16 then he was good enough to go out on loan, he was 21 before he went to Orient for his first proper spell of games. Either a player is ready to be involved in the first team or he is not, he should have been out on loan for a season at 18, and then another season at 19 if he needed it. We could have had a cracking player on our hands at 20 if he wasn''t allowed to rot in the reserves.

As for Hendo though, I never got over the fact that we kept that waste of space over Paul Hayes and then watched him run about like a headless chicken every week whilst Hayes was making a name for himself as a good young goalscorer. That was another Worthy mistake, not many people are suprised by the fact that Hayes made the grade in The Championship - particularly those who had watched reserve games and friendlies in the two years before he was released from the club.

And how many times had you seen Joe Lewis play for our reserves and academy?

I saw Lewis numorous times in the reserves and the academy and while he had potnetial, he was over rated and was never ever during his time with us, our best goalkeeper even though we at times struggling!

I always laugh at Norwich fans, most of whom never saw Lewis play, who go on about how wonderful he was/is and that we were silly to get rid of him. It was a diffiuclt one but Lewis wasn''t our best keeper and we were offered really good money for him!

The football League show highlights of Peterboroughs disasterous spell in the Championship last season was like watching the keystone kops and Joe Lewis was like Frank Spencer in goal for many of the p iss poor goals they conceded last season!

I''ve no doubt that had he stayed Lewis would of been a regular last season and Forster might never of come but I know which of the 2 I''d rather have!

[quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

What??

[/quote]

Ryan Jarvis could have made the grade if Worthington knew how to harness the ability of youngsters, he was clueless in that respect. Ryan came through the system and then played nothing more than a cameo role for four years before being sent out for his first loan spell. If he was good enough to make his City debut at 16 then he was good enough to go out on loan, he was 21 before he went to Orient for his first proper spell of games. Either a player is ready to be involved in the first team or he is not, he should have been out on loan for a season at 18, and then another season at 19 if he needed it. We could have had a cracking player on our hands at 20 if he wasn''t allowed to rot in the reserves.

As for Hendo though, I never got over the fact that we kept that waste of space over Paul Hayes and then watched him run about like a headless chicken every week whilst Hayes was making a name for himself as a good young goalscorer. That was another Worthy mistake, not many people are suprised by the fact that Hayes made the grade in The Championship - particularly those who had watched reserve games and friendlies in the two years before he was released from the club.

[/quote]

I will be amazed if Nutty lets this pass him by so please everybody let him defend Worthington''s use of our youngsters but do not respond then we can move on without this thread turning into 20 pages.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[quote user="Nuff Said"]I''m not convinced it would be a wise investment anyway. With Rudd and Steer on the bench how many England keepers do we need? Get Fraser back for one more season definitely if we can, but then let''s use our home grown resources.[/quote]

What??

[/quote]

[/quote]

I will be amazed if Nutty lets this pass him by so please everybody let him defend Worthington''s use of our youngsters but do not respond then we can move on without this thread turning into 20 pages.

[/quote]I think I already hear the approach of the usual suspects.[:(]

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

And how many times had you seen Joe Lewis play for our reserves and academy?

I saw Lewis numorous times in the reserves and the academy and while he had potnetial, he was over rated and was never ever during his time with us, our best goalkeeper even though we at times struggling!

I always laugh at Norwich fans, most of whom never saw Lewis play, who go on about how wonderful he was/is and that we were silly to get rid of him. It was a diffiuclt one but Lewis wasn''t our best keeper and we were offered really good money for him!

The football League show highlights of Peterboroughs disasterous spell in the Championship last season was like watching the keystone kops and Joe Lewis was like Frank Spencer in goal for many of the p iss poor goals they conceded last season!

I''ve no doubt that had he stayed Lewis would of been a regular last season and Forster might never of come but I know which of the 2 I''d rather have!

[/quote]

Saw lewis about a dozen times and apart form 1 or 2 bad calls,he looked like he was going onto something special! ..But more importantly without dropping anyone in it,a friend who has access through his role,saw him in all his games and told me he showed more potential than green at that stage! ..But again he said Rudd is coming up fast on the rails..I saw Rudd about twice and both times we lost and he didnt command in the box,though friend said that on those occassions he had a new back 4 to dfeal with and is better than that...Last season he did impress though i still would like him to `command` his area with more forcefull instructions..

[quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[quote user="Nuff Said"]I''m not convinced it would be a wise investment anyway. With Rudd and Steer on the bench how many England keepers do we need? Get Fraser back for one more season definitely if we can, but then let''s use our home grown resources.[/quote]

What??

[/quote]

[/quote]Jarvis has never had and will never have the attitude to be a top striker. Worthy knew this and at the time we needed much better players. Some of you seem to think you can just put a player on the ''loan list'' and millions of clubs will just take them and play them. It''s not that simple..

[quote user="Herbie"]A bloke posted this...

I am good friends with someone who knows Ian Culverhouse quite well and he told me that Norwich have made a bids for David Fox from Col U and Nicky Bailey. [/quote]Wouldn''t mind Nicky Bailey, but we''d never get David Fox, do you think Robbie Cowling would sell anyone to us?