Sign in to follow this  
Canary Man of Kent

Fox signs...

Same old people bigging up terrible signings just like every summer ,about time somebody reliased we got promoted not relegated .We need some Championship standard players not more run of the mill League 1 , they are not even stand out League 1 .

[quote user="Ncfc"]Same old people bigging up terrible signings just like every summer ,about time somebody reliased we got promoted not relegated .We need some Championship standard players not more run of the mill League 1 , they are not even stand out League 1 .
[/quote]

Erm...I''ll prob leave that up to Lambert rather than you if that''s ok?

[quote user="Ncfc"]Same old people bigging up terrible signings just like every summer ,about time somebody reliased we got promoted not relegated .We need some Championship standard players not more run of the mill League 1 , they are not even stand out League 1 .[/quote]Think ill wait to actually see them play first, unless your a fortune teller?

[quote user="Ncfc"]Same old people bigging up terrible signings just like every summer ,about time somebody reliased we got promoted not relegated .We need some Championship standard players not more run of the mill League 1 , they are not even stand out League 1 .[/quote]

I bet you''re the highlight of everyones day!

Let''s be honest, our midfield has been poor, especially in the centre, for a very long time.

Even last season, apart from Hughes there was no midfielder running beyond the strikers and goals from midfield have been way down on what they should be, putting pressure on everyone else.

It''s about time the midfield was strengthened.

Now I want to see back up for Grant Holt because we have no other player like him.

Selling a player we got on a Bosman and who struggled to establish himself in the first team? Don''t know why you think that makes our chairman look like an a*? Just means we''ve got even more of your money.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Let''s be honest, our midfield has been poor, especially in the centre, for a very long time.

Even last season, apart from Hughes there was no midfielder running beyond the strikers and goals from midfield have been way down on what they should be, putting pressure on everyone else.

It''s about time the midfield was strengthened.

Now I want to see back up for Grant Holt because we have no other player like him.[/quote]Ben Burgess?

Was he the small one at Carrow Road earlier in the season? Grey hair? [:$]

Anyway, as i''ve said before, I trust Lambert. [:)] He''s made no real mistakes as of yet, so  I trust him with the business off the pitch too. [Y]

[quote user="Ncfc"]Same old people bigging up terrible signings just like every summer ,about time somebody reliased we got promoted not relegated .We need some Championship standard players not more run of the mill League 1 , they are not even stand out League 1 .[/quote]Championship standard? Pray do tell me who you would go for. We''re wasting our time signing these lower league players aren''t we... I mean... Holt... he was league two! If you''d seen Fox play/knew a good player when you spotted one then you wouldn''t be typing the dribble you just did a moment ago. 

[quote user="wessex_exile"]Selling a player we got on a Bosman and who struggled to establish himself in the first team? Don''t know why you think that makes our chairman look like an a*? Just means we''ve got even more of your money.[/quote]Correct.And he''s also pretty adept at making himself look an arse anyway.[:)]

[quote user="wessex_exile"]Selling a player we got on a Bosman and who struggled to establish himself in the first team? Don''t know why you think that makes our chairman look like an a*? Just means we''ve got even more of your money.[/quote]If I were you though, in all honesty I would be pretty peeved at selling Fox. Fox didn''t play in your team as you pretty much bypassed the midfield. Everyone knows Boothroyd plays ''attractive longball''... If i were you, I would have been hoping Ward put Fox back in and got Colchester playing football again... maybe I am wrong, but I always had the U''s down as a traditionally a passing side?

Remembering having a couple of good games against us for Blackpool, he''s 26, a good "footballer" by all accounts and was really impressing at Colchester under Lambert before Hoofroyd came in and totally changed the style of play, basically nulifying the need for a ball player in the midfield, he''s not 6ft so wasn''t needed.

I am trying to stay positive and wait and see, but it is plainly obvious we are working to a budget.  Not unless these are squad bolsterers and the 2 or 3 ''big'' signings are yet to come?

On current evidence - on paper, I don''t see us finishing top six or even scraping into the top half.  It is good to have committed triers, but there is no substitute for quality and based on this I think we will finish bottom half about 10 points above the relegation zone.  I hope I am proved wrong.

[:(]

Wessex, it''s simple really.

If I or any other normal person had such a "beef" with someone as your silly little chairman, I doubt that when asked by that person if I (the person they hated the most) could possibly buy something off them, that they would say yes!

It''s made him look even more of a moron (I know unbelieveable).

But anyway, hopefully it signals an end to his increasingly bitter rantings aimed at us.

Cheers

PS. On behalf of Mr Lambert thanks for agreeing to sell one of his targets to us & enjoy next season.

How do you define a ''Big'' signing? I cant imagine many teams will be making big signings in terms of finance, certainly not many teams that dont have the benefit of parachute payments.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

I am trying to stay positive and wait and see, but it is plainly obvious we are working to a budget.  Not unless these are squad bolsterers and the 2 or 3 ''big'' signings are yet to come?

On current evidence - on paper, I don''t see us finishing top six or even scraping into the top half.  It is good to have committed triers, but there is no substitute for quality and based on this I think we will finish bottom half about 10 points above the relegation zone.  I hope I am proved wrong.

[/quote]

I think we''ll make 1 or 2 bigger signings for fees in the £500k to £1m range. The players brought in so far do add strength in depth to the squad, and once Gill/TJ and whoever else are shipped out I''m sure we''ll look to add the quality.

I''m sure it''s the case that the players in the greatest demand will move later in the close season, and also won''t move until replacements have been lined up.

Remember too this smacks of a manager who knows exactly what he wants. The man has a plan and the rest of the management team at Norwich are backing him.....rejoice!

isn''t he a left sided midfielder which means this gives Lappin competition for the left sided place which really he didn''t have last season so another good signing hopefully :)

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]What sort of signings were you expecting on a limited budget? Fox by all accounts is a ball player rather than a workhorse, guess Blackpool fans were saying the same things last summer.I do wonder what people expect sometimes.

[quote user="Canary Wharf Canary"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

I think we''ll make 1 or 2 bigger signings for fees in the £500k to £1m range. The players brought in so far do add strength in depth to the squad, and once Gill/TJ and whoever else are shipped out I''m sure we''ll look to add the quality.

I''m sure it''s the case that the players in the greatest demand will move later in the close season, and also won''t move until replacements have been lined up.

[/quote]

If we are interested in Bailey as has been reported and we get him, I am guessing he will be our ''quality'' in midfield along with Wes.  Forster or A N Other quality keeper and a quality striker and I think Lambert may well be pretty happy with things.  3 players like this may make all difference? Here''s hoping

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

What sort of signings were you expecting on a limited budget? Fox by all accounts is a ball player rather than a workhorse, guess Blackpool fans were saying the same things last summer.

I do wonder what people expect sometimes.
[/quote]

Singings that was get us into the top six as said by Lambert et al[:^)]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Canary Wharf Canary"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If we are interested in Bailey as has been reported and we get him, I am guessing he will be our ''quality'' in midfield along with Wes.  Forster or A N Other quality keeper and a quality striker and I think Lambert may well be pretty happy with things.  3 players like this may make all difference? Here''s hoping

[/quote]I think Lambert seems to be going down the ''Team'' route rather than big name individuals. I quite like the approach, but agree we need one or two players of championship class if we are thinking top half (Although frankly id take mid table after our recent trips to the championship)

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]What sort of signings were you expecting on a limited budget? Fox by all accounts is a ball player rather than a workhorse, guess Blackpool fans were saying the same things last summer.I do wonder what people expect sometimes.[/quote]

Singings that was get us into the top six as said by Lambert et al[:^)]

[/quote]You''re expecting top 6? Obviously thats the aim but to expect it is ludicrous.Who else do you expect us to sign on a limited budget?Lambert is bringing in young, hungry & talented players who will be added to the successful squad of last season, not sure what else you can expect on a limited budget, didn''t see Leicester or Blackpool going out into the market making "big name" signings for millions, certainly not in early June anyway.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Singings that was get us into the top six as said by Lambert et al[:^)][/quote]Lambert I don''t think ever said we''d get into the top six.  The chairman wrote in the match programme that we''d have a budget to compete for the top six.  Which isn''t the same thing.

I don''t have any problem with this signing - coming from Man U''s ranks and being sent to their feeder club (Antwerp) suggests he has something.

The fact that he couldn''t get into Adie''s hoofballing side certainly isn''t anything to judge him adversely on - IMO it is more a good thing.

Admittedly we could do with some more players with Champs experience, but if we are cherry picking the ones we want from League one, that doesn''t particularly worry me at the moment....players have to come from somewhere and be given a chance at the higher level at some point.

Fox has played Championship football for Blackpool and has played with Hoolahoop. He is known very well to Lambert and is a footballer rather than a hoofballer. As PL has a fair record as our manager so far I''m inclined to trust his judgement. Mind you, given the collective knowledge about football of many posters on here perhaps he should get your advise on who to sign before doing the deal!!

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Canary Wharf Canary"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think Lambert seems to be going down the ''Team'' route rather than big name individuals. I quite like the approach, but agree we need one or two players of championship class if we are thinking top half (Although frankly id take mid table after our recent trips to the championship)
[/quote]

You could certainly argue that the team of 2003-2004, despite there being some quality individuals, was more of a ''Good Team'' than a team with Good players.