Sign in to follow this  
Canary Man of Kent

Fox signs...

He played really well against us in the first game, and another player from the lower leagues, but surely we are running the risk of having too many midfielders? Fox, Croft and possibly Taiwo, with the likes of Gill, Tudor-Jones and Adeyemi left in the background.

Obviously Lambert rates him, signing him twice but over the past 3/4 years he''s not held down a regular first team place at either Blackpool or Colchester.Just hope Russell isn''t off and Fox/Crofts are replacements for Gill/Tudor-Jones & Adeyemi(loan(.

Another midfielder!

But the cultured, passing-type, as opposed to the no-nonsense, aggressive type. Looks a good deal, handy stats, and ex-Man Utd, Iknow, no guarantee, but anyone who went through their system and went on loan to Royal Antwerp, can''t be that much of a mug...

Wonder if the Taiwo signing is off the radar now?

Anyway-well David!

can''t really comment until I see him but what worries me is the amount of league 1 players he is bringing in. would really like to see some proven championship players

Hmmm not convinced by this one really. The players we''ve signed, with the exception of Ward, are not exactly of a standard which would see us pushing for promotion as the board have suggested we''re going to do. Hopefully this is us bolstering the squad with some more ''high profile'' signings to come.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Wonder if the Taiwo signing is off the radar now?[/quote]

Taiwo has had a serious knee injury - maybe he did have some problems at the medical? Mind you, I suspect with the Colchester connection here this guy has been on Lambert''s radar for some time.

Just because we are signing lower league players does not mean they cannot cut it at Championship level. These are all stand out players from lower league clubs, it just means that the other players around them at their clubs are not championship level

Col Who site:

The former Manchester United trainee joined the U''s last summer but failed to secure a regular place in the first team here at the Weston Homes Community Stadium.

Why do we want him then?

Don''t know anything about this guy but he can''t be that bad if Boothroyd reckons he was the best player at Colchester: http://www.greenun24.co.uk/colchester-united/david_fox_could_still_win_over_aidy_1_221634Weird that he only played 19 games for them last year, must have been injured or something.

Interesting. He looked good at CR on the first day of the season but then so did Lisbie so hard to say really.

Like others, I am scratching my head at the number of midfielders we actually need now though.

David Fox (footballer)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to:navigation, search

David Fox
Personal information
Full nameDavid Lee Fox
Date of birth13 December 1983 (1983-12-13) (age 26)
Place of birthStoke-on-Trent, England
Height5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)
Playing positionMidfielder
Club information
Current clubColchester United
Number14
Youth career
000?–2000Exeter City
2000Manchester United
Senior career*
YearsTeamApps†(Gls)†
2000–2006Manchester United0(0)
2002–2003→ Royal Antwerp (loan)1(0)
2003–2004→ Royal Antwerp (loan)11(0)
2004→ Shrewsbury Town (loan)2(1)
2006–2009Blackpool94(6)
2009–Colchester United18(3)
National team‡
2003England U-20?(?)
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 14:58, 2 May 2010 (UTC).

† Appearances (Goals).

‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 16:55, 22 November 2008 (UTC)

David Lee Fox (born 13 December 1983 in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire) is an English professional footballer who currently plays for Norwich City; signing from Colchester United on 4 June 2010. Fox cited a poor relationship with the Colchester United Chairman Robbie Cowling as the principle reason behind his move. Cowling as been described as petty and weak minded.

Fox, a midfielder, has also played for the England Under-20s.

Contents

[hide]

Classic![:D]

[quote user="Captain Holts Controversial Jokes"]Col Who site:

The former Manchester United trainee joined the U''s last summer but failed to secure a regular place in the first team here at the Weston Homes Community Stadium.

Why do we want him then?[/quote]Because maybe Lambert knows how to get him to play?

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="Captain Holts Controversial Jokes"]Col Who site: The former Manchester United trainee joined the U''s last summer but failed to secure a regular place in the first team here at the Weston Homes Community Stadium. Why do we want him then?[/quote]

Because maybe Lambert knows how to get him to play?
[/quote]

He didn''t fit in with Aidy''s hoofball approach.

"Col Who site:

Why do we want him then?"Fell out with managment? Didnt fit into their style? Who knows, perhaps he didnt fit into Boothroyds hoof style of play. Does look a strange signing, but Lambert must know him well, so you would think he knows what he is doing. The pessimist in me is a little worried that we are signing a lot of league one players, which would be fine, but Lambert hasnt managed in the championship before, so hopefully hes not out of his depth.The optimist in me says he is bringing in decent, hard-working, team players. No individuals, but decent players who will make a solid team.

My cyber-based friends, I can assure you this is an excellent signing - Up there with signing Ward. Fox is direct competition for Lappin who, did ''grrreat'' (to quote Lambert) last season but didn''t really have too much competition for that place on the left hand side of midfield last term. 

I think having a cultured cm who can pass the ball around a al Chippy is no bad thing. I think Gill and TJ will be off and will wait and see with Rusty.

I think this will make Cowling look like even more of a prick. If he has such a huge problem with our board and how we approached their manager, you thought he''d at least have enough self-respect to not sell us one of their best players.

Not sure this says anything about Cowling except that he will let his manager makes decisions about which players to keep or sell. We also don''t know how much we have paid or how good the guy is so think it is a bit early for gloating.