Sign in to follow this  
Brighton Yellow

The two friendlies

Any of you planning to go to either the Newcastle or Everton friendlies? I was making some enquities with the club this week about the new seats and arrangements for these two matches and found that all tickets are £15 for adults anywhere in the ground. I thought this sounded smashing at first but then realised there are no concessions for students and the like. The person at the club deemed this to be a very silly policy and thus was not expecting a large turn out.

I personally am bringing some friends to Carrow Road for the first time along with a die hard Evertonian who informs me will be with a healthy blue contingent.

I went to a Norwich friendly a few years back. Utterly dire. No challenges, no pace, no crowd. 

got mine the first day they came out.i just love going to football plus they are both good oppisition.i would expect a decent crowd for both

I''m going to the Lincoln away game, as it is only half an hours drive and it will be good to have a look at a few of the newbies! However, I think me and my dadmay be the only canaries there! Anyone else local to Lincoln and planning on going? Do they even have away sections and friendlies, I doubt it?!

I have just emailed the club complain about the kids ticket price of £10 for these games. To charge a family of 4 ( 2 adults and 2 kids) £100 to watch both friendly''s is outrageous.

[quote user="barclayendstand"]I have just emailed the club complain about the kids ticket price of £10 for these games. To charge a family of 4 ( 2 adults and 2 kids) £100 to watch both friendly''s is outrageous.[/quote]Why do they not just do £5 for adults and free for kids or something of that ilk. There will be loads of empty seats, no away fans, no trouble (and therefore no need for lots of stewards / police) so you may as well fill them.  At a fiver, despite my experience I would happily nip down.

The friendly game against Tottenham a couple of seasons ago had a big crowd so I imagine there will be a decent crowd for these even though they arent cheap.

[quote user="NCFC91"]

The friendly game against Tottenham a couple of seasons ago had a big crowd so I imagine there will be a decent crowd for these even though they arent cheap.

[/quote]I agree, whilst the stadium won''t be full, 15,000 plus is probably likely.The club is obviously trying to make some moolah judging by the price, but fair play to be honest, if people don''t like the price, don''t go lol.

Just found this regarding the ticket prices for the Spurs friendly....

The Canaries will take on Tottenham Hotspur in a pre-season friendly at Carrow Road on Monday 28th July (7:45pm).

Tickets go on sale from 9am on Wednesday 9th April via the usual outlets with adult seats priced from £10, senior citizens and under 21s £6 and under 12s £1.

Read more: http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=105762#ixzz0pyMuZtsc

[quote user="barclayendstand"]The above game was of course from 2008. Why have the prices increased so much? Under 12''s tickets have gone up 1000%[/quote]Because we have been too soft in the past in our pricing policies?Its a business, not a charity, and more money made = more money for Lambert to spend.

[quote user="M.A.T.T"]Some Premier League Teams ask for a fee to come play so depends on the team we play.[/quote]

Oh really? Have you got any examples?

No, not to hand as it was research for my dissertation but if you want a basic example; Football Manager has that option when arranging a friendly.

[quote user="M.A.T.T"]No, not to hand as it was research for my dissertation but if you want a basic example; Football Manager has that option when arranging a friendly.[/quote]Genuine lol Matt. Good riposte.

While I apreciate the club has got to tighten belts and look to every £ from wherever, to make kids pay full prices for frienlies is not the right way to go about it and will only mean much less people goign to the games!

I''d of thought £5 for kids would of been fair and seen more people coming to friendlies which in all honesty many fans don''t have much apetite for anyhow!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

While I apreciate the club has got to tighten belts and look to every £ from wherever, to make kids pay full prices for frienlies is not the right way to go about it and will only mean much less people goign to the games!

I''d of thought £5 for kids would of been fair and seen more people coming to friendlies which in all honesty many fans don''t have much apetite for anyhow!

[/quote]The pre season friendlies have been pretty well attended in the past.And I think that a lot of people will be very interested in seeing how all these new signings are going to line up against Premier opposition. The club knows full well that people will pay the price if they want to go.

Those of you who would normally be entitled to a concessionary price should let the club know your feelings. I want Carrow Road looking its best for the visit of my friends and would love some pre season cheer. I know the games like most of the usual spice but a couple of thousand Geordies or Scousers certainly helps!

Higher prices equals a greater return yes, but the numbers have to be there as well so it would appear that cheaper prices equals greater numbers which in turn equals greater revenue for the club.

Big crowds at Carrow Road friendlies normally only occur when we have West Ham, Aresenal or Tottenham and all their TV fans from Norfolk and Suffolk come to see their only game of the season!

Newcastle will have fanatics come to see them while I can''t imagine many Everton fans making the journey or many school boy Johnnie Gloryhunters from our region interested in dragging their parents along!

The pricing is too much for kids simple as, but like Morty says you don''t have to go!

Going to the Lincoln game - only about a half minute walk for me though!

Went to the spurs one a few years ago and it really wound me up. Loads of spurs fans in the home end who as people mention on here clearly hardly ever go to any games and as people say the atmosphere is just dire.

For home fans they went out on 24th May, but don''t know if they are tickets for us as well? That is why I was wondering if they have segregations/sections?